Multi-colored eyes

Speaking of foot freckles (strange what my head connects together :rolleyes1) ..my daughter has a multi-colored eye. An internet search tells me it's rare and she has magical powers and I should worship her :lmao:

But what I want to know is...does anybody else have one or know somebody that has one?

Specifically, she has blue eyes, but about 1/5 of one of the eyes is hazel. I first saw it when she was around one year old. She has no vision problems and hasn't had an injury.

I'm still waiting for the magical powers. :worship:

My daughter's pediatric heart surgeon's eyes were 75% brown. However, the bottom part of one eye was a beautiful baby blue outlined in a darker blue.

He did magic on our baby's heart.

Thank you so much. You don't know how much that just helped me. My other dd is going to a pediatric geneticist in a few weeks. Apparently sectoral heterochromia appears commonly with Waardenburg Syndrome. Other dd has several characteristics of this-white hair, a flattened nasal bridge, and bilateral ptosis. My mom is deaf, one of her siblings and my grandpa have hearing loss, and both her and my grandpa had premature graying. I never thought my little one's eye structure problems could be connected to other dd's strange eye color, but now I'll know to mention this to the geneticist. Even if it's not this, it could still be important.

I'm glad I could help! :goodvibes

I didn't know people could be born with Waardenburg Syndrome, too. I only knew it in connection with ferrets. We had one, a long time ago, with this syndrome. She had white fur, dark eyes and was completely deaf. She also had a funny way of going limp when you picked her up, and she was difficult to rouse from sleep. But unlike many deaf ferrets, she wasn't a biter. She was a sweetheart!

I have blue eyes with about 1/5 of brown in my right eye. One of my first cousins has the same issue with her left eye. We knew we weren't exactly unusual, but I never knew how common it was until now. :)

My right eye is light brown. My left eye is amber around the pupil and then green.

Ok, I wasn't talking about the flecks in the eyes, I thought that was normal.

Yes, flecks and rings are pretty common (beautiful but not unusual). Thanks for showing the pic of your son's eye - that's fascinating!

Thank you so much. You don't know how much that just helped me. My other dd is going to a pediatric geneticist in a few weeks. Apparently sectoral heterochromia appears commonly with Waardenburg Syndrome. Other dd has several characteristics of this-white hair, a flattened nasal bridge, and bilateral ptosis. My mom is deaf, one of her siblings and my grandpa have hearing loss, and both her and my grandpa had premature graying. I never thought my little one's eye structure problems could be connected to other dd's strange eye color, but now I'll know to mention this to the geneticist. Even if it's not this, it could still be important.

I realize this thread is really old, but I was suprised to see it non the less. My daughter has Waardenburg syndrome, as does everyone on her dads side of the family.

each of my eyes is half green/half blue. there is even a very faint, black line dividing the halves. however, if i wear a blue shirt, my eyes appear blue. if i wear a green shirt, my eyes appear green.

these eyes run in my dad's family. they start out green, then either turn blue, or stay green. my dad has green eyes, mine are half blue/half green, my DB has the bluest eyes i've ever seen, and my DNephew has the blue eyes too. DD's eyes started out green, but then they turned black, like DH's (he's part cherokee indian).

Central Heterochromia is having different colours inside the same eye, usually in rings.

This thread has been so educational! I thought practically everyone had eyes like this!

Very interesting.....and after doing a little internet probing, apparently CH is genetic, which I totally believe, because I have five siblings, born of three different fathers (same mother) and we have the exact same eye color - a ring around the iris of reddish brown and then olive green eyes.

My daughter has two different colored eyes. They are both hazel-ish though. One is a lot lighter than the other. When she was a baby (6 mo) she was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma which caused Horner's syndrome. Her eyes were not finished changing color, so at the moment the nerve damaged occurred, her left eye stopped changing and her right continued to change as it should have....She likes her 'special eye.'

Below is my daughter. She also has weird colored eyes. Not sure if the picture shows them too well. I always have an issue saying what color they are. I think we normally say green. They do have gold in the middle. And yes, her lashes are real. She gets them from her dad.

284743_2102278089811_1631239811_2061877_7108884_n.jpg

I've never quite known what color my eyes were, exactly. They've got a bit of green and a bit of brown and a bit of gold and a trace of blue. When people ask me what color they are, I usually say the color of the Gulf of Mexico right around Johnson's Bayou in Louisiana. The more prosaic explanation is hazel, but when I was 15 I didn't know what color my eyes were and the woman at the DMV put green. :confused3

Thanks to Magpie, I now know I have Central Heterochromia.:thumbsup2

My younger sister and I both have unique color eyes. They are a turquoise color, but when I cry they turn a true Kelly green. Depending on what I wear, sometimes they look really blue too. Most times though they are a bright blue-green.

DD has true hazel eyes. Mine are hazel, but without the blue hue -- brown with green and gold.

My grandmother's eyes are cool, though -- they're really dark brown, but with a bright blue ring around the outside of the iris.

My eyes are a yellow almost gold tone but they have a very distinct blue ring around the outside. From a distance they look green but people are always surprised when they get close enough to really see them. My middle daughters eyes are both very speckled. They almost look like they have freckles LOL.

My younger sister and I both have unique color eyes. They are a turquoise color, but when I cry they turn a true Kelly green. Depending on what I wear, sometimes they look really blue too. Most times though they are a bright blue-green.

Turquoise or kelly green would be Soo pretty!

One of my eyes has about a third brown in it. I never had any problems because of it. My Dad used to say that when my eyes were changing colour he gave me a smack on the head and halted the process! :lmao:

One of my eyes has about a third brown in it. I never had any problems because of it. My Dad used to say that when my eyes were changing colour he gave me a smack on the head and halted the process! :lmao:

:rotfl2:

My eyes are brown and green:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter