• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mulitiple reservation confirmation emails

fluffysue

Earning My Ears
Hi, this is the first cruise I've booked without a travel agent, and also my first Disney cruise, so I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I keep receiving reservation confirmations (at least 4 so far) for my August cruise, which I booked and paid for months ago. Is this normal? Only on one of them did I see any change...apparently government taxes and fees actually went DOWN and I get $8 back. I don't think they've changed my room or anything, which is what I am most concerned about, as I particularly chose that room to be near the rest of my group. Just wondering if it is typical to keep receiving these emails and if it always means something has changed.

Yes, it'll be because something changed. If not price, might it be a small change in port arrival or departure times, something like that perhaps?

Hmm OK, I guess I will have to compare all the emails more closely, then. I did see one other one was after they changed the dining time (I had requested a change when I called to link my reservation to someone else's, so I could eat with the rest of my party, but the confirmation came weeks later and I did not make the connection at the time). Thanks. :)

I received a new reservation confirmation email each time something changed. First it was because we got moved to main dining from 2nd seating (we had been on a wait list), then I received another because the price of the cruise had changed (the taxes had gone down), and then I received another when I added DCL transfers. So compare the emails and you'll see something has changed.

Yes, they do send a "confirmation" email for every little change, whether theirs or the Guest's. I think that's great, but the thing that has always bothered me is that EVERY "confirmation" email I have ever received from DCL always starts with "Great news! You've successfully booked your Disney cruise!" no matter how long ago I made the initial booking. They always make it sound like I just booked another (Oops!) cruise! :rotfl2:

Yes, they do send a "confirmation" email for every little change, whether theirs or the Guest's. I think that's great, but the thing that has always bothered me is that EVERY "confirmation" email I have ever received from DCL always starts with "Great news! You've successfully booked your Disney cruise!" no matter how long ago I made the initial booking. They always make it sound like I just booked another (Oops!) cruise! :rotfl2:

LOL! I know, I was starting to wonder how many cruises I'm going on! :rotfl:

Every time I make a payment on my cruise I get this email. I laugh every time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter