Mugs-Very Annoying!!!!!!!!

kandb

DIS Veteran
During our last stay we received free dining which included a free refillable mug, we stayed at CBR. We loved the resort but the mug situation was totally ridiculous. On numerous mornings, while I tried to get a drink with the mugs, the soda dispenser on numerous occasions was out of the syrup. I would try to jump to another soda nozzle and then it would not let you get soda because you had to wait "I think" 90 seconds. This happened on a daily basis, during either breakfast or lunch. I even talked to the manager and said I have an empty mug and it still will not let me refill it and she said they are trying to reduce the amount of time for the wait. If I ever paid $17 for a mug, I would of been really even more annoyed.

I understand your frustration but is that all? It seems very nominal to be aggervated about unless the whole entire week was like that

I would be extremely annoyed. Especially if it happened more than once. 90 seconds doesn't seem like long, but just waiting it is a long time!

I am there w you op

OMG I thought it was just me!! We stayed at CBR too and the drink station was atrocious. My ENTIRE family LOVES the pomegranate lemonade. We made special trips to OPR just for the pomegranate lemonade. I would say 90% of the time it was out, just plain lemonade came out. Good luck finding someone to fix it. I asked someone once and she went in back and told me it was all set. I went to try it and it was still out. So frustrating.

I understand your frustration but is that all? It seems very nominal to be aggervated about unless the whole entire week was like that

Did I make it seem like it was the end of the world? No. But yes, it was annoying when you have your breakfast at the table and your trying to get a drink and you have to stand there and wait for a stupid timer to stop. It didn't ruin my vacation but there is really no reason to have this happen.

We were there for 10 days and between meals and going to get refills while at the pool, it happened at least 6 times for me and numerous times for my children. Yes, it was annoying. Maybe you should stay at CBR, get a mug and then try getting a drink when you want and then we'll talk.

Wow!! That would annoy me too! We had the mugs at AOA on our last trip and had no issues.

The mug stations do need to be better attended to. This happened to us at CSR the year before last - out of ice AND syrup. Wasn't refilled for the whole entire 30 minutes we were dining there. And this was before the rapid fill was installed there, so I can imagine it would be even more annoying if you had to wait between fills. And the long walks to and from the food court just to fill the mug only adds to the frustration. All the reasons I'd never pay for a mug.

Did I make it seem like it was the end of the world? No. But yes, it was annoying when you have your breakfast at the table and your trying to get a drink and you have to stand there and wait for a stupid timer to stop. It didn't ruin my vacation but there is really no reason to have this happen.

Challenge accepted! I will book a resort next time there and report back! Hopefully they have setzler as I don't drink soda - but I honestly will and report back now lol.

Challenge accepted! I will book a resort next time there and report back! Hopefully they have setzler as I don't drink soda - but I honestly will and report back now lol.

:thumbsup2 Honestly, the most annoying thing is that you have no idea before you hit the button that the syrup is out. Every morning there were people just standing getting in the way waiting for their 90 seconds to end. Not a good system.

Ugh, my kids really like to mix soda, sounds like that's not going to be easy!

My nephew tried to mix his drink and he was sad when he realized he couldn't get more soda and had a mug half filled... It was the last time he tried that. LOL.

But to address the main topic: we never ran into that situation while we were at ALL-STAR Music... But I can understand how that could be super frustrating!

:thumbsup2 Honestly, the most annoying thing is that you have no idea before you hit the button that the syrup is out. Every morning there were people just standing getting in the way waiting for their 90 seconds to end. Not a good system.

I agree I don't know why getting drinks has to be so complicated - the time limit especially is nonsense. I hope you guys had a good trip besides this. :)

The seltzer isn't limited to Rapidfill.You can put as much as you like into any container you like. I refilled my water bottles with it... the problem is finding the resort with seltzer (on the lemon lime soda nozzle) and not just plain water (on the lemonade nozzle). Pop had one seltzer dispenser out of ten stations. AoA had zero.

The seltzer isn't limited to Rapidfill.You can put as much as you like into any container you like. I refilled my water bottles with it... the problem is finding the resort with seltzer (on the lemon lime soda nozzle) and not just plain water (on the lemonade nozzle). Pop had one seltzer dispenser out of ten stations. AoA had zero.

Have you noticed setzler isn't big in Florida? Like I went to 711 there and couldn't find it at all

Sounds to me like the manager focuses on the wrong problem. 90secs to get s refill is perfectly reasonable. But running out of syrup is unacceptable and the manager should have focused on fixing that.

My nephew tried to mix his drink and he was sad when he realized he couldn't get more soda and had a mug half filled... It was the last time he tried that. LOL.

But to address the main topic: we never ran into that situation while we were at ALL-STAR Music... But I can understand how that could be super frustrating!

Nope, not unless they have all day to stand around and play with the soda machines.

That is easy, you can fill to the top of mug once before it locks you out. So if you want half Fanta half Coke that is possible as it knows the capacity of the mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter