• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mugs at all star hotels

patti320

Earning My Ears
can i use the allstar refill mug from my last trip 5 years ago, or do i have to buy a new one on my upcoming trip? anyone have any idea?

'sigh'...... yes you can, I do it ALL the time, and will be doing it in 2 days.:o

Ah the great mug debate again. More and more are reporting that there are signs that state the mugs are good for the length of stay when purchased.

You will find many opinions on this subject.

We reused one last year and bought one new one. I hear they are dated now........

We prefer to buy new mugs every trip, regardless of policy. Besides free refills, also makes for a nice souvineer! :)

I'm wondering if anyone has e-mailed or called Disney regarding this subject. With as many mug debates that have appeared on this board, I would have guessed that someone would have inquired to Disney about this....and once and for all get the facts straight!

Diznee25

and once and for all get the facts straight!

I think most people know the facts now..and the signs at the resorts make it clear (length of stay). If you write Disney, they will quote the "official" policy...but since Disney makes the rules, they seem to feel they can break them. The problem has been (and will always be) what people were told (and are still told as early as 3 days ago)..which is, bring 'em back on all your trips. Plus, some of the CM's even say you can use them at any resort at the registers. And because the resort managers, and CM's encourage it, and don't stop anyone, it's hard for people to not bring them back.
As with any Disney rule, it's best to just ask for yourself, once at the resort...you may be pleasantly surprised at the answer.

Originally posted by diznee25
I'm wondering if anyone has e-mailed or called Disney regarding this subject. With as many mug debates that have appeared on this board, I would have guessed that someone would have inquired to Disney about this....and once and for all get the facts straight!
Diznee25

I did! After being specifically told they were good for life when we bought, and rebought them, then hearing here that they are for length of stay only, I inquired to WDW.
I received a call from the executive offices and was told "The official OFFICIAL(said sarcastically) thing"(yes, she said thing) is that they are only good for the length of stay, however the resorts have a policy that if a guest has a mug it will be refilled.

So, make what you want out of that. ;)

I did! After being specifically told they were good for life when we bought, and rebought them, then hearing here that they are for length of stay only, I inquired to WDW.
So, make what you want out of that.
Thanks CamColt. Now I understand the reoccurance of these mug threads! ;)

Diznee25

OMG patti run away quick and dont look back.dont you realize you are now on the "LIST" of the refillable mug/pool hopping/smoking/hanging towels on the balacony/chair saving/thats swimsuit shows too much/5 in a room disney police!!!!!!!!!
:cool:
in all seriousness patti, lol do what every you want,dont let a few other people ruin your vacation because they have nothing better to do then worry about everyone else.

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

tommyvegas, I think this thread has been very civil. This is a discussion board and different opinions should be welcome.

Disney doesn't make it easy. They post signs with one set of rules and then when you get there and ask a CM you hear something else.

As far as the police comment, there are many Dis'ers that prefer to follow the rules that WDW sets forth. There is nothing wrong with that. You may feel differently but they are allowed to state their opinion. Opinions are cheap, everyone has one. You are free to decide after knowing the guidelines what you choose to do.

Why not try to add something to the conversation instead of warning someone away?

Are the ASMU mugs still red and black? I like mine but it is getting old. Also, can i use my mug at all the All Star hotels? I only like the skinny mugs. Do they still sell both? Went Contemporary last month and they only had the wide mugs.
Jackie

Originally posted by jaccceee
Are the ASMU mugs still red and black?
Jackie

I JUST CAME BACK FOR A week at all star movies....and yes they´re still red and black.

i brought one mug at the movies.....and used it at the music and sports resort.....no one said anything to me...so i guess i was right.

My next trip will be on december....and i´ll use my mug again.

Jorge
Monterrey,Mexico

safetymom,im sorry if my post, "made with tongue planted firmly on my cheek" struck a raw nerve with you.it was not intended too.
i guess i should have added even more smiley faces and lol's.so people would understand that it was a joke.

myself, i do value other peoples opinions,so many people on these boards have alot of insight and knowledge concerning WDW.

as far as bringing a older mug to use on our many trips to WDW,i find it more hassle to pack them,i have enough to worry about with my girlfriend and her 3 young daughters,and what they pack.

we end up buying new mugs every visit,and at least once during the visit, 1 of the girls sets theirs down and forgets it.so we end up buying another.

I guess i spend too much time thinking back to that little addage, WWWD (What Would Walt Do?) and im pretty sure he wouldnt be worrying about someone using a old mug, or using a mug from another resort on-site.

I do hope that this post has added something to this conversation,
instead of singling someone out for making a joke.
myself i attempt to be civil at all times and dont single any 1 poster out.
i respect them for their opinions.

As far as warning patti away,im pretty sure my joking comments arnt going to run her off.

patti have fun on your trip, remember WDW is the most magical place on earth,so have fun and enjoy it!!!!! dont sweat the small things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter