Mug Men Of The World, Unite!

I have some interesting news to share with all...

My fiance is seminole indian, and I was doing some research into the culture and what I found surprised me!

It turns out, Mug Men have existed long before Disney came along. Way back before columbus, the native american fathers would wake up at early to spend hours journeying to the nearest water hole with 9-10 mugs JUST to fill them up for their children. They, as well as us, would forego morning hygeine to fill these mugs brimming to the top with swamp, diet coke, hot coca, and others.

As time passed on, men continued this tradition. Now, there is even a Mug Man dance. I am proud to say HEAR HEAR to all Mug Men...

By the Way, as I sat here watching America's Most Wanted Mugs (you know, the show about the mugs with holes that leak, and the ones that dissapeared), I think we should start making shirts to declare our Mug Man-ness!

Originally posted by JoNo
I have some interesting news to share with all...

Sorry to break the news to you JoNo, but Mug Men go back even farther. Why do you think Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden? Because Adam was taking too long on the morning mug run, Eve decided she couldn't wait any longer, and went for the apple. By the time Adam got back, it was too late - God was already yelling, "Ok, everybody out of the pool!"

Ok, now ask yourself what resorts make the mugman's job easier, at the Wilderness Lodge you never have to go outside, Some longhouse's at the Polynesian are quite a hike and walking outside in the rain at Riverside is not nice at all. I too am a mugman just looking to make my job a little easier

Matt

----------------------------------------------

WL '02
PO-R '01
Poly '00
Disneyland '97
CBR '92 Before the mug

LT Hambone, you are hilarious!

I have a tip for you guys....( it has been this way for the last few years. ) ....if you are going to buy Orange Juice ( i think 16 ozs)
DO NOT buy it in the food court. Buy it in the Fultons General store

Yeah, I ran into the same thing at POFQ. I went on the morning milk runs to have milk for cereal. Milk at the food court was like 1.50 for a little pint, but a huge sixteen ounce bottle (enough for both of us) at the resort store was $1.00. Problem was, the store didn't open until 8am. That also meant no New York Times until 8am. Very irritating, as that was the time we left for the parks.

I have to admit that on our recent visit to CBR we did not join the MUG crew...Coor's light wasn't an option at OPR's beverage dispenser for DH and CBR rooms have coffee pots for me. Anyway we stayed at North Trinidad which is right next to OPR and every morning I would wake up, make my coffee and head outside to sit on the walkway and watch the day start. On my first morning out there I noticed a few men, holding mugs and trudging through the parking lot towards OPR, I simply watched and noted how I had hot, fresh coffee in hand ALREADY and didn't have to go there myself or god forbid:eek: wake DH to go!!! I did get a kick out of watching them come and go everyday with their numerous mugs w/doughnuts atop and the paper under their arm. You hit the nail on the head with this post Dean MugMan...I also enjoyed reading your trip report!!!

Originally posted by gannonmbpk
Ok, now ask yourself what resorts make the mugman's job easier, at the Wilderness Lodge you never have to go outside, Some longhouse's at the Polynesian are quite a hike and walking outside in the rain at Riverside is not nice at all. I too am a mugman just looking to make my job a little easier.

A true Mug Man fears not the weather!
A true Mug Man fears not the distance!
A true Mug Man fears not the…. Ah, heck, you’ve got a good point!

So let’s rate the resorts –

Easy - 4 Mug Rating Yawn, I can do this with one arm behind my back
Chance of getting wet 0%, it’s all inside
Chance of getting lost 20%, you’ll have to remember what button to press on the elevator
Distance to Food Court Practically right outside your door
How long it will take A few minutes, you will have time to shower
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Beach Club
  • Boardwalk
  • Dolphin
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Yacht Club
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderately Difficult - 3 Mug Rating Piece of cake, won’t even break a sweat!
Chance of getting wet 20%, you can easily go from building to building
Chance of getting lost 40%, you’ll have to remember what building you are in and what button to press on the elevator
Distance to Food Court Practically right outside your building
How long it will take At least 10 minutes, you will have enough time to comb your hair
  • Contemporary
  • Grand Floridian
  • Polynesian
  • Swan - you have to trek over to the Dolphin for refills

Difficult - 2 Mug Rating This is what Mug Men were made for!
Chance of getting wet 60%, you can go from building to building, but they’ll be a small walk apart
Chance of getting lost 60%, you’ll have to remember what section of the resort and building you are in, as well as what button to press on the elevator
Distance to Food Court May be on the other side of resort
How long it will take At least 15 to 25 minutes, forget the shower and clean clothes
  • All Stars
  • Caribbean Beach
  • Coronado Springs
  • Port Orleans

Nearly Impossible - 1 Mug Rating Go get your own refill!
Chance of getting wet 100%, you can’t go from building to building
Chance of getting lost 100%, leave breadcrumbs and bring a map
Distance to Food Court May be in the next county
How long it will take You’ll need to start out the night before to make it back by the next morning
  • Fort Wilderness - talk about a hike, bring a Sherpa with you
  • Old Key West - refills cost $1.65 doesn’t that defeat the purpose of a refillable mug?

We are paying for concierge this next trip, but due to an over anxious to grow up, and always thirsty ds, he wanted to know what the rating was at the Swan! Yes, this is a request from a 9 year old. I do believe I have created a mugman monster!

Debbie

Originally posted by #1hockeymom
We are paying for concierge this next trip, but due to an over anxious to grow up, and always thirsty ds, he wanted to know what the rating was at the Swan! Yes, this is a request from a 9 year old. I do believe I have created a mugman monster!
Debbie

The Swan receives a three mug rating, because according to The New Swan and Dolphin FAQ refillable mugs are only offered at Tubbi's in the Dolphin. Thus, given the distance involved, three mugs.

I would also award bonus points if you make the trek to a neighboring Disney resort, such as Boardwalk, Yacht Club, or Beach Club!

Uh-oh, I may have just given Mug Man Jr. ideas....:rolleyes:

Hi...my name is Bob and I'm a MUG MAN.

I have been Mug Manning for many years - - now in my 40's. I suppose I could be considered a Sr. or Executive Mug Man at this point in time.

In fact, a few of my Mug Man buddies are eagerly awaiting the release of the first exercise video - - supposedly due out in June? entitled: "MUG MANNING YOUR WAY TO A TRIMMER (and SLIMMER) YOU."

Included, they say, will be additional DVD footage with testimonials from "REAL" Mug Men who have actually lost numerous inches off their ever widening tummies! Problem is, we only get to "MUG" a few weeks out of the year while at WDW. WE NEED THE TAPE!

YOU GO MUG MAN!

Confessions: A MugMan of the Female Persuasion

As still sleeping bodies lay,
Waiting for the Busy day,
I rise and stretch and shower too,
And think,..A mug run! That I'll Do!

I poke my daughter with a grin,
I say, "a coffee? To the Brim?"
My answer is but a moaning "yes",
I head on out and this I must confess..

I take my time.
There is no line,
I get mine first,
to Quench my thirst.
I sit and watch,
the Mug Men roam
The cups do slosh,
all topped with foam.
I read the news,
I smile at youths,
I finish up,
I grab my cup,
Now I'm ready
to head on back.
To fill my cup
n' the rest o'the pack.

Back I stroll and there I find,
That I still had a lot of time,
My daughter dear and her young son,
Still asleep,I do then, ANOTHER RUN!

Quiet time, there's never enough.......inspired by the MugMan in my family.. My mother.

Originally posted by KDawnLily
Confessions: A MugMan of the Female Persuasion

Looks like I'm going to have to add a Poetry class at the Mug Man University, with special guest lecturer KDawnLily!

Kudos! Bravo!

I'm sitting in awe!

I find myself in a "non traditional" job. I too am a Mug Man of the female pursuasion. I never thought about this until I read the OP, this is so true. I tend to get up at the crack of dawn or earlier, so I need that caffiene. I have spotted many a Mug Man on my travels. How funny, I love the classes that you have come up with, and I see the Tag Faeiries like your idea, too.

I will be saluting you at the Mara!

Originally posted by LT Hambone
Looks like I'm going to have to add a Poetry class at the Mug Man University, with special guest lecturer KDawnLily!

Thanks Dean Hambone. I would be more than willing to participate in any classes at Mug Man U, so long as there is an all inclusive trip to WDW in my contract....

Long Live Mug Men!

LOL! That was so funny! I made my boyfriend the Mug Man when we were at WDW together. It was understood that while I was getting myself ready for the day, he would make his Mug run. I'll have to show him this thread. It will bring back memories.:D

Lt. Dean Hambone, and your illustrious faculty and staff,

I salute you. This thread has been an absolutel HOOT and a half to read!!!!

I am also a Female Mug (Wo)Man! But I have seen you and your Mug Men Bretheren.

I will sign up for all the classes, and will do an independant study as well.

Cheers!!!!!

Debbie

PS--I have taken the liberty of posting the link to this thread on the CB, I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to share!!!!

This thread is great! Had me laughing so hard I started to cry a little.

I must also confess, I am a MugMan of the female type. I have always been elected to make the runs. I usually have a helper with me, DD. One of them anyways :D

Gone disney

On behalf of my DH, Mug Man of our family, I say "bravo" for a thread well written.

Love it!!!! Too funny. My DH always makes the mug run...he thinks I don't realize he has a cigarette on the way!

We used to call that classic combination of all the available flavors from the drink area jungle juice. This is a great thread. I could easily see DH becoming a Mug Man!!

Ann

SWF seeking SWMM. Must not be adverse to dispensing Diet Coke at 7am. Should be able to maintain adequate carbonation during trip. Athletic build a must.
;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter