• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Msep or Spectro.....what's you fav?

I've never seen SpectroMagic but I would do anything to end the current nighttime parade. The music is HORRIBLE!!! And the whole vibe makes me feel I'm in a cheezy movie from 1982. We took the backstage tour a few years ago and they were working on the parade floats and played some music from Spectro. Far superior to the current parade!

Spectro, by far. Time to pull out the soundtrack and play on repeat thanks to this thread. Although I must say MSEP has allowed us to view Wishes from creative places since I don't want to be in the Hub anymore for the parade.

Spectro by far. I loved the Fantasia float with Chernabog!

BTW...we still stubbornly insist on calling the parade "Spectro" when we're in MK...as in "What time does Spectro start?" Kind of like calling Disney Studios "MGM."

(But then I'm from the south, where we still ask what kind of Coke you'd like.)

MSEP. Love it. Spectro was a little weird with the clown things, and didn't care for the music. Would be open to seeing Paint the Night, though.

MSEP was fun when it came back, for nostalgia purposes, but I think it's time to bring back Spectomagic.
This exactly. I remember being really excited they were bringing back MSEP because it was my first parade as a little kid (my dad said I was dead asleep, woke up ONLY to see Cinderella, immediately passed out again) saw it a couple of times, now I'm done, some things from the 80s should just stay in the 80s. Bring on something new.

For us, the Spectro music is better but the MSEP floats and lights are better. We like them both, but neither enough to plan around. Frankly, I have never understood the love for parades of any type, any where.

Another spectromagic here. MSEP is fine but Spectro was so much better and it was ours. I'd like to see a Paint the Night style parade that pays homage to Spectromagic and not just a clone of DL's

Spectromagic all the way! HVe yet to sit through an entire MSEP parade since its return. I'm up for a new nightime parade for Magic Kingdom.

Spectromagic.

A great tribute video from Martin, excellent as are all his videos....

The parade's music is one of the reasons I prefer this than MSEP. Spectro has a more nighttime feel to it.

Spectro, but the absolute best was Tapestry of Nations...Those drums just did it for me

Just to add LOL..... Currently watching Paint the Night on YouTube and it's AWESOME!! DL fans, you can have MSEP back (teehee) ......please ship your new parade our way!! Folks if you haven't seen their parade please Google it!! You may like it!!!!

Also, again for those that don't know.....SPECTROMAGIC floats were ruined and sadly will not be returning.:sad::sad2:

Last edited:
Spectro AND Tapestry of Dreams! Only got to see Tapestry once, but Spectromagic was a parade I could watch every single night! Sooooo sad it's gone.....:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter