MSEP ending at WDW 9th October

Elise79

DIS Veteran
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...eads-to-disneyland-resort-for-a-limited-time/

MSEP is ending its "temporary" (they didn't say temporary but as when it returned to MK in 2010 it was supposed to be temporary for that summer's promotion I still think of it as that!) run at WDW on 9th October and is returning to DL to start there early next year.

No news on what will be replacing it yet. Reading comments on the post about DL it doesn't look like WDW will be getting Paint the Night which is a shame as that was amazing!

Seems very odd to announce this without a replacement publicly lined up.
Especially as they've said that Paint The Night is staying at DL over the holiday season, so it's probably not that.
It is time for MSEP to go (Spectromagic will always be better IMO) but unless they're cloning PTN or have a super secret replacement lined up, then I think WDW might just be losing something without a replacement.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Seems very odd to announce this without a replacement publicly lined up.

It is time for MSEP to go (Spectromagic will always be better IMO) but unless they're cloning PTN or have a super secret replacement lined up, then I think WDW might just be losing something without a replacement.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
It's not really that strange anymore. Disney has embarked on a bit of a trend of pulling things from the parks without either announcing or bringing in replacements, over the last few years.

I totally agree with you though. I loved SpectroMagic and can't say I'm gutted to see the back of MSEP. We made the effort to get a spot to watch it once in 2010 and any other times we saw it were either because we happened to get caught up in crowds and had to wait for it to pass or because we were with friends who hadn't seen it and wanted to do so. As you say, it will be interesting to see what they do with this. I just can't imagine MK without a night time parade.

we LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the electrical parade and i am sooooooooooo sorry it won't be there for our big family trip to the world next summer...
and the rest of the family is devastated as well (as i can see from the reactions pouring in on our family whatsapp group where i just posted the news!!)

I will miss the electrical parade, I doubt they will replace it so soon they haven't even got rivers of light up and running yet :(

I've never been too keen on MSEP and would like to see Spectromagic make a return. Agree with Elise that Paint the Night is fabulous and it would be amazing to see this in MK.

I'm so pleased that we will get to see it for one last time,
I loved spectro! But msep holds a special place in my heart,and my heart literally flips when I hear the music especially when we're nearing a trip .
We will be there for its last night.

Never saw MSEP in person on my last 2 trips to WDW. Was hoping to see it next year but hopefully it will be replaced with something better. Paint the night would be amazing as love the cars characters. Fingers crossed :)

We not due to fly until 13th:( at least i can see the Halloween parade now we have changed our dates.

Spectromagic can't come back as its been destroyed now

I have fingers crossed for Paint the Night being shifted over!

I won't miss it. I remember to be very impressed when I saw it for the first time when it was in Disneyland Paris. But it was 20+ years ago! It is long overdue a replacement, nostalgia can save it only so much.

I continue to be really surprised at the way Disney Parks seem to be retiring night parades. I was annoyed when DLP retired Disney's Fantillusion without any warning and I naively assumed that MK would always have a night parade as they seem so popular.

I had the pleasure of seeing Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights a couple of weeks ago and it was one of the best things I have ever experienced in my life at any Disney Park. I was in complete awe over it so hope that the other parks think again about retiring light parades!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter