MS and Multiple Gift Cards

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
I am about to buy 30 Disney gift cards from Target on my Red Card to get the 5% discount. I am buying those 35 to pay for my kids PAP's.

I was reading on the budget board about people calling the regular ticket number for Disney and having problems paying for their tickets with multiple gift cards. Has anyone here called MS and tried paying with multiple gift cards? Just wondering if maybe they can work around it some how?

thanks!

You need to call MS first and ask to be patched through to the ticketing department. MS cannot accept more than 2 forms of payment. The ticketing department advised me that I "shouldn't" call then direct as a DVC member, that I should call MS first , "because they like to keep track."

ok I will do that then! Thanks. How many did you use?

I haven't done it yet. Going to this week though. I will keep you posted. If you do it before I come back and post my update can you please let me know how your experience is?

Just wanted to let you know that I called today and used my 30 gift cards with no problems. MS had to transfer me to the ticketing department. The MS guy I talked to said his record was 42. The ticketing guys was 47, but someone else in the ticketing department just broke the record with 100!!!!!

I would like to chime in and describe how my family did it. We purchased 41 gift cards from Target to pay for our PAPs. I chatted online with "Vern" from member services asking if I could use all of my gift cards to purchase our passes. He told me no...

However, I set up a Disney Vacation Account and entered all of my gift cards. I then went to the DVC member site And purchased our four PAPs using the Disney Vacation Account. The purchase process on the DVC member site allows you to enter the Disney Vacation Account number for payment. It worked like a champ - didn't even have to bother calling member services!

However, I set up a Disney Vacation Account and entered all of my gift cards.

That's how we bought ours too! first 3 on the phone because they hadn't worked out the bugs for online. Bought #4 this week online. Also paid for our DDP through MS with it.... wish I could pay for room charges directly from it too.

I would like to chime in and describe how my family did it. We purchased 41 gift cards from Target to pay for our PAPs. I chatted online with "Vern" from member services asking if I could use all of my gift cards to purchase our passes. He told me no... However, I set up a Disney Vacation Account and entered all of my gift cards. I then went to the DVC member site And purchased our four PAPs using the Disney Vacation Account. The purchase process on the DVC member site allows you to enter the Disney Vacation Account number for payment. It worked like a champ - didn't even have to bother calling member services!

What else can you purchase using the disney vacation account?

What else can you purchase using the disney vacation account?

It's really meant for packages, cruises, and rooms booked through Disney. Plus tickets and dining plan.

Since it goes through the Disney GC payment line, I really don't see why it wouldn't work for DVC dues, paying room balances, etc. Hopefully they'll make that available!

So how would this work paying for a dining plan? We have gift cards we bought from Target and are adding the quick service dining plan to our stay.

So how would this work paying for a dining plan? We have gift cards we bought from Target and are adding the quick service dining plan to our stay.

I called MS and gave them the DVA account number. They put it through the GC line and it's processed immediately.

I have not checked to see it can be done by yourself online.

I just purchased my first contract. Can Disney Gift cards be used to pay DVC MF's?

I just purchased my first contract. Can Disney Gift cards be used to pay DVC MF's?

Yes, there are many posters on Dis that do. I have not tried... mainly because it takes alot more time right after the holidays to go out and get them. I've read from calls to member account reading off the card numbers to faxing them in.

Yes, there are many posters on Dis that do. I have not tried... mainly because it takes alot more time right after the holidays to go out and get them. I've read from calls to member account reading off the card numbers to faxing them in.

Thank you. I am thinking of buying the GC early & using the Target card or Disney Visa for the purchase. The plan sounds good now but it may play out differently towards the end of the year.

I buy gift cards throughout the year to pay MF with. Usually when there is extra incentive, like extra fuel points and then use to pay dues. This has worked for the last several years and is a great way to spread out the payment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter