• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mr Sanchos Cozumel?

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
Got all of our port adventures booked except for Cozumel....Sailing Fantasy 3/15

Debating between XelHa, Xcaret or something else..

This caught our eye... Mr Sanchos.. some kind of resort in Cozumel where they have this all inclusive package, drinks, pool, snorkel equipment included..

Seems quite inexpensive.... too good to be true?... is there a catch?

http://www.mrsanchos.com/eng/all_inclusive.html

Anyone been there..? Would love to hear opinions about it..
TIA...

we sail 2/15. I read all the trip advisor reviews and figured for the price it's worth a shot. Ill report back!

We have been to mr Sanchos a few times and it is quite njce. We just loel to snorkel we bring out own have massages and then get a few drinks before heading back to the ship. The food is great too.

We were there in June 2012 and had a fantastic time at Mr. Sancho's. Great memories. We did the all-inclusive and certainly got our money's worth. Access to the inflatables in the water requires an extra fee. The food was above average and the margaritas were excellent! We rec'd. fantastic customer service.

If you do a search on this site, you'll pull up numerous reviews. Mr. Sancho's most often gets compared with Nachi Cocom. As Nachi only allows 100 people per day to make reservations, it tends to be quieter and more relaxing.

I often see people refer to Mr. Sancho's as a loud, party-type atmosphere. However our experience was quite the opposite. It wasn't whisper-quiet, but there were no loud, raucous groups of drunken people either. It was the highlight of our trip (excursion-wise).

Also, check out the reviews on Trip Advisor. There were scores of them for me to review when we were planning our trip.

Xel Ha is awesome, but we were staying south of Playa del Carmen when we went there....I'd never try to do it as a day excursion from Cozumel. Too much time wasted on a boat to the mainland and driving down to Xel Ha. Ditto for the ruins...Cozumel has decent ruins on the island.

My vote goes to Nachi Cocom. They limit the number of people who can come each day to 100....and that may sound like a lot, but the area is HUGE. Beautiful white sand beach, lots and lots of water activities, a really good size CLEAN pool, adult-only hot tub....drinks included (all kinds) and the lunch was FABULOUS. Tons of loungers, chairs by the pool, bali beds, and shade on the beach.
And so, so clean. There was a woman whose only job was to stand by and clean the bathrooms all day long.

WELL worth the money.

We were there last October, and specifically asked about the water & ice. We were assured it was filtered, & safe. We really enjoyed it. There were 8 of us, with one 6 year old and one 17. We payed extra for the "water park" ( bouncy things in water) and also did the horseback riding and the ATV. The pool was really nice with a swim up bar, and they had covered tables and chairs on the beach, along with lounging bed- type things. We were really lucky and pretty much had the place to ourselves. There is a covered main area w/lockers, and this serves as the divider for those purchasing the all inc. and those who do not. The menu had quite a lot to choose from, ( all you want)
To eat) and the drinks were good. They even made up a few non alcoholic frozen drinks for the kids. At the entrance there were a few shops, and taxis waiting when we were ready to go back to the ship. We would definitely go again.

Got all of our port adventures booked except for Cozumel....Sailing Fantasy 3/15

Debating between XelHa, Xcaret or something else..

This caught our eye... Mr Sanchos.. some kind of resort in Cozumel where they have this all inclusive package, drinks, pool, snorkel equipment included..

Seems quite inexpensive.... too good to be true?... is there a catch?

http://www.mrsanchos.com/eng/all_inclusive.html

Anyone been there..? Would love to hear opinions about it..
TIA...

We are also sailing 3/15 and have booked Nachi Cocum for our day in Cozumel. I've read nothing but positive reviews.

We are also sailing 3/15 and have booked Nachi Cocum for our day in Cozumel. I've read nothing but positive reviews.

Nice! See you on the ship ;)
What made you decide about Nachi Cocum and not Mr Sanchos?

Thanks for all who replied..btw
Now I'm debating between MrSanchos and Nachi Cocum.. :sad:
That's a great debate to have I guess..

They cost the same and they seem to offer the same.. the 100 person limit max is quite appealing..

Which one if better for kids? (DD8)

I think if your daughter is super active/athletic and will be able to enjoy the water toys (which are supposed to take a significant amount of strength to get up onto), then Mr. Sanchos. If you just want a quiet beach and pool, Nachi Cocom.

We debated between Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocum. We ended up choosing Nachi Cocom and I am so glad we did. It was an absolute paradise. We were 7 people (my husband and I, our 3 kids and my parents) and everyone agrees it was the best day of the whole cruise. We could see (and hear...) Mr. Sanchos from where we were and it seemed like a party scene. That's not to say that kids wouldn't fit in there, I'm sure they would be fine and have a great time no matter what. We were just looking to relax and play in the water and sand and not have to deal with a huge crowd.

At Nachi Cocum, the drinks and especially the food were awesome (and included). They even made non alcoholic blended frozen drinks for the kids and gave them T-shirts at the end of the day. The pool was nice with a large area that was only about 18 inches deep (perfect if you have little ones) and a swim up bar at the other side. We also had AMAZING service all day. I don't think our server stopped running all day. It got to the point where if we were in the water, he'd motion to us to ask if we wanted another round and he'd bring them right up to the water and one of us would go get them and bring them out. (Now we sound like alcoholics... :lmao:).

If you do the all inclusive at Mr. Sanchos it's about the same price (maybe slightly less) as Nachi Cocom. So I'd say it depends on what you're wanting from the day. If you're looking for lots of activities and music and stuff, go with Mr. Sanchos. If you're looking to relax, go to Nachi Cocom. Either way you've got that amazing clear blue water and a drink in your hand so you're good. ;)

We debated between Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocum. We ended up choosing Nachi Cocom and I am so glad we did. It was an absolute paradise. We were 7 people (my husband and I, our 3 kids and my parents) and everyone agrees it was the best day of the whole cruise. We could see (and hear...) Mr. Sanchos from where we were and it seemed like a party scene. That's not to say that kids wouldn't fit in there, I'm sure they would be fine and have a great time no matter what. We were just looking to relax and play in the water and sand and not have to deal with a huge crowd.

At Nachi Cocum, the drinks and especially the food were awesome (and included). They even made non alcoholic blended frozen drinks for the kids and gave them T-shirts at the end of the day. The pool was nice with a large area that was only about 18 inches deep (perfect if you have little ones) and a swim up bar at the other side. We also had AMAZING service all day. I don't think our server stopped running all day. It got to the point where if we were in the water, he'd motion to us to ask if we wanted another round and he'd bring them right up to the water and one of us would go get them and bring them out. (Now we sound like alcoholics... :lmao:).

If you do the all inclusive at Mr. Sanchos it's about the same price (maybe slightly less) as Nachi Cocom. So I'd say it depends on what you're wanting from the day. If you're looking for lots of activities and music and stuff, go with Mr. Sanchos. If you're looking to relax, go to Nachi Cocom. Either way you've got that amazing clear blue water and a drink in your hand so you're good. ;)

WOW Thank You so much for the great answer... and to all those who responded too..too choice for sure, they both look awesome..

Nice! See you on the ship ;)
What made you decide about Nachi Cocum and not Mr Sanchos?

Thanks for all who replied..btw
Now I'm debating between MrSanchos and Nachi Cocum.. :sad:
That's a great debate to have I guess..

They cost the same and they seem to offer the same.. the 100 person limit max is quite appealing..

Which one if better for kids? (DD8)

It was all the wonderful reviews that made me decide. There is the aqua jump and they monitor the number of kids on it. We were looking for relaxed fun. We are traveling with DS (7.5) and DD (10.5)

We chose Nachi but I've been looking at Playa Azul, not an AI and on the other side of Cozumel, away from the traffic.

Is Nachi Cocom on your own or through DCL? We just booked the wonder for DEc. and I am researching Cozumel options. My DD6 and dd4 will be with us.

Is Nachi Cocom on your own or through DCL? We just booked the wonder for DEc. and I am researching Cozumel options. My DD6 and dd4 will be with us.

Both Nachi Cocum and MrSanchos are on your own, not thru DCL.
They both seem good, inexpensive options with all inclusive for an all day at the beach in Cozumel..

Here are a few pictures I took at Nachi Cocom about a week and a half ago.
It just seems that the beach is larger than at Mr. Sancho's and cleaner.

006_zps35ad784c.jpg

This area is where you rent water equiptment and/or go out to snorkel:
008_zps1ec578d2.jpg

This is just one very small section of the beach, taken from the water's edge:
010_zpsc59bccab.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter