Mr. Potato Head

PhatKat

Earning My Ears
I thought I heard of a store you can buy an empty bag for $10.00 you then stuff it as full as you can with potato head parts. Can someone tell me the name of the store and if $10.00 is the cost. Thanks! princess:

Not sure the cost but it's inside DCA on the right as you enter there is a toy store on the corner just beyond the locker area. You'll find Mr. Potato Head and all the fixins in there!

When we went last year it was a box. And it was more than $10. You can stuff it full, but it has to shut all the way. I had my DH pack it up, he is great at puzzles. Leave the potato body out and you can fit more in the box. We brought our potato bodies from home and my kids played with all the new pieces in our hotel room (great quiet time). My daughter still plays with them. You can find the pieces in the store in Toontown and in a store in CA (it's the store on your right just as soon as you walk into the park).

It is in Engine Ears Toys right at the entrance to DCA. The big tip is to not get the body there (buy it at Target or somewhere) and choose to get the specialty Disney parts instead.

Put everyone's answers together and you have the full story! Except that it's not in ToonTown anymore, only at the store mentioned in DCA.

The CMs there will actually help you maximize your box-stuffing if you ask them. They seem to enjoy it. First time I did it they told me the box had to close...last time they said just one side had to close. I was sure to buy from the CM who told me that, not someone else who might have different rules! :goodvibes

If you buy a suitcase, put somethign in the suitcase (like a ticket). If you do buy a head (we did the first time), stuff the inside of the head. Pick out the parks you want and try various ways of organizing it.

This is what I got into the box in March.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Alas, DLR doesn't have the stormtrooper helmet. The CMs said that "they" just wouldn't send them out to anaheim for some reason, but they are at WDW. :(

Oh yeah, one tip. Be sure to get ARMS. Right and left arms. Even the normal looking arms. The things to be held that are sold at DLR/WDW are special, and the store-bought arms won't hold things like Mickey Mouse ice creams, or cameras etc. So buy the proper arms!

I never knew about this until a month ago when someone who works for me brought it into the office. It is really fun. She changes the "look" every Friday. Last week Darth Vader Potato Head, this week Daffy Duck Potato Head. I'm thinking of getting all the parts when I go in October.

I'm thinking of getting all the parts when I go in October.

They also have a HUGE plastic head that you can fill, instead of the box. I can't remember how much it is, but IMO it's still a bargain. You'll never fit everything into just one box, so definitely look into the big one!

Alas, DLR doesn't have the stormtrooper helmet. The CMs said that "they" just wouldn't send them out to anaheim for some reason, but they are at WDW. :(

I got the stormtrooper helmet at DCA. So they must have it sometimes. :)

I got the stormtrooper helmet at DCA. So they must have it sometimes. :)

Aah! The CM was very firm about how they can't ever get it, they've asked so many times, etc etc. So here we are with everything else for the dude, facemask etc, but no helmet. Harumph.

I'll have to look again and beg to buy just the one thing, if I see it in the future.

And I know that any given CM isn't going to be the be all end all, but this was during a long conversation during my solo time before I met up with the divas, the CM was smart, had been there for a long time, was enthusiastic...it would be like talking with cheshire figment or albort...someone you feel you can trust.

Darnit!

I am so happy I saw this! Mr. Potato Head is a huge hit in our house with the kiddos. I can't wait to take them to this store :cool1:

We got the storm trooper helmet at Engineears in DCA last month - but they were almost out of Darth Vadar helmets- we dug and dug and got the last one!

Good tip about the arms - we found we only got one arm that really "holds" all the Disney extras, so try them out before you make your final decision.

My 2 sons were set on getting classic Dis headgear (ears, Sorcerer's Apprentice hat etc) plus Buzz, Storm trooper and Vadar accessories, so Mr PH had to miss out on some really cool big items, like Ariel hair, Dumbo ears and I think Tink wings?

Choose your theme, collect all your bits and then sit down on the floor like DH and work out how the heck to fit them all in the box with the lid still closing! We were there for ages, but it was a great souvenir ( $18.95) Our two Mr PH bodies that we had already at home now look very smart !

I got Christmas-themed MPH on clearance at Target for 50 cents each this January! The more potato heads the better!! My kids have MPH fashion shows. So fun.

We didn't have any problems with finding either the Darth or Storm Trooper helmets... BUT... we did forget the feet. Mr. P Head looks pretty ridiculous with a Darth or Storm Trooper head and Minnie Mouse's shoes!! :lmao:

you stuff the box! The last time we were at CA I went to the register and the CM told me that I didn't have my box full enough! She took me back and started stuffing little bits of stuff in all the empty spaces. It was amazing how much more she was able to get in the box!

Oh, and I learned about the arms...notice my tag? We got home and I realized I hadn't gotten nearly the number of arms that I thought I did. That is a priority this time!

We did this on our trip last week. The box was $18.00 to fill. If I remember right the giant potato was $45 or $49.

I found a star wars potato head on sale for $4.00 so I bought my DS one and will just buy extra parts for it. I can't wait!!

I thought I heard of a store you can buy an empty bag for $10.00 you then stuff it as full as you can with potato head parts. Can someone tell me the name of the store and if $10.00 is the cost. Thanks! princess:

We paid $18 at EnignEars just inside DCA last September, we had one CM tell us we had to buy the body as well but thanks to DIS we knew that was not the case & found another CM :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter