• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mr. Potato Head Parts

GrumpyMom25

DIS Veteran
Just wondering ... has anyone bought any at Disney World lately? If so what did you get? I'm wondering if anything new has come out in the last year.

We just got some in February. They had tons to choose from. They had a box that you could fill for like $20. I could only get one box since I was worried about suitcase room. I plan to go back again in February and get more. They had Tink parts, pirates, popcorn and just tons more!:)

Subbing. But I don't know why because I'll probably fill a box or 2 anyway. How I miss NY's WOD. I could get my fix all the time.

To save suit case space, I pack the parts in a ziplock and don't bother bringing home the box.

We were just there last week! We picked 2 boxes of parts....FUN!
Listing from memory:
tinkerbell's hair, wings, wand
darth vader mask, DV feet, DV hands (only left!!! completely out of the right hand!)
Clone trooper mask, CT feet, CT arms (I think it's a clone trooper...not sure on my star wars!)
Mikey ears. pin lanyard, mickey feet, Mickey hands
pretzel sunglasses
mickey sunglasses
popcorn box
autograph book & pen
pirate boots, hat, eyes
minnie bow, feet
goofy ears
donald hat & duck bill
Stitch surfboard

I'm sure I'm missing some pieces....but it was a fun souvenir & my kids have played with them constantly since we got home!

Subbing. But I don't know why because I'll probably fill a box or 2 anyway. How I miss NY's WOD. I could get my fix all the time.

To save suit case space, I pack the parts in a ziplock and don't bother bringing home the box.

That's a great idea...Never thought of it...Thanks!

If you're thinking about getting 2 boxes, I'd recommend the giant plastic Mr. Potato Head that you can fill up for $48 (I think).

We were there at the end of April and it even fit in my carryon suitcase.

:)

Do you still have to buy the Potato Head or can you just fill a box with parts?

Ok ... now that I'm here I can answer my own question. Not much new since last summer at DTD ... we did buy 1 box full tho of hats we hadn't seen on our past trips. We had bought 2 of the big Mr. Potato Heads filled with parts on our last 2 trips. I did not see the Dumbo part but they do still have the Cruella wig. And no you do not have to get the potato ... you can just buy a box of parts (and be sure to stick small parts like ears and eyes in the hats). It's amazing how much you can fit in a box.

Oh ... and thereis going to be a new WOD Store in NYC ... I believe it will be opening in the fall some time. It's going to be in Times Square. I can't wait!

Oh ... and thereis going to be a new WOD Store in NYC ... I believe it will be opening in the fall some time. It's going to be in Times Square. I can't wait!

Yes - The 1st weekend of November will be the grand opening. I'm not happy that they moved the store off of 5th Ave into Times Square though :sad1: Even though I am not from NYC - I know it well enough that I do not consider myself a tourist so having to deal with the crazy crowds in Times Square is going to stink! But hey, it's good news for them - they are going from paying $15 mil a year in rent on 5th ave to $3 mil a year to rent on Broadway- right in the heart of times square!

Yes - The 1st weekend of November will be the grand opening. I'm not happy that they moved the store off of 5th Ave into Times Square though :sad1: Even though I am not from NYC - I know it well enough that I do not consider myself a tourist so having to deal with the crazy crowds in Times Square is going to stink! But hey, it's good news for them - they are going from paying $15 mil a year in rent on 5th ave to $3 mil a year to rent on Broadway- right in the heart of times square!

It's a great weekend to open, though. The NYC Marathon runs the first Sunday in November, so there will be a LOT of tourists in Times Square that weekend!!

What stores carry the Mr. Potato Head parts? I remember seeing them in World of Disney and I think the toy store. Do any stores other than those in downtown disney carry them? My nephew is very into them right now and I told him we make sure we get him some new parts.

What stores carry the Mr. Potato Head parts? I remember seeing them in World of Disney and I think the toy store. Do any stores other than those in downtown disney carry them? My nephew is very into them right now and I told him we make sure we get him some new parts.

We got our pieces in the Judge's Tent in Toon Town (MK) and also in DinoLand in AK.

Is New York's World Of Disney gone? I go to NYC every year around Crhsitmas and loved goign to WOD, but when I went recently this past May I couldn't find it listed in my guide book. I couldn't rmember what street it was on, so I never attempted to walk to the store. But I have been wondering if it was still around. It was a wonderful store.

Is New York's World Of Disney gone? I go to NYC every year around Crhsitmas and loved goign to WOD, but when I went recently this past May I couldn't find it listed in my guide book. I couldn't rmember what street it was on, so I never attempted to walk to the store. But I have been wondering if it was still around. It was a wonderful store.

The World of Disney on 5th Avenue and 55th Street is gone, but a new Disney store is opening in Times Square sometime this fall, so you should be able to stock up, along with M&Ms (there's a Central Park blend that's only available in the Times Square store) and Hershey's and, of course, any non-Disney toys can be picked up in the giant Toys 'R Us. Rumor has it that a Lego store will be opening soon, too.

Don't fret - the brand new relocated WOD story is opening the 1st weekend of November in the heart of Times Square. I go to NYC just for the WOD store and its been hard these past months without the store. I haven't been there since January and I am going through withdrawl lol.

Now you'll be able to hit Toys R Us - WOD - M&M store and Hersheys. I'm still sad that it moved from 5th ave because it was nice to walk 2 blocks to FAO Schwartz and be right on the corner of Central Park. It's a big change but it was mainly done because the rent on 5th ave was outrageous and now they are paying only a third of the cost right in the heart of tourist city which = $$$ :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter