Mr. Potato Head @ DTD ??

toystoryduo

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are thinking about letting our girls go to Once Upon a Toy to fill a box of Mr. Potato Head accessories. Can anyone tell me how much Mr. Potato Head costs there?

We just got back last month and they were $18.00 plus tax.

We noticed that they had them in an Epcot shop, maybe MouseGears? Also a shop in MGM, can't remember the name. And a shop in MK, the big store in Toontown. We didn't look at the shops in AK so I don't know if you can them there or not.

I'll post a picture of how much I was able to stuff in the boxes later today. It was really fun!!::yes::

Yes, they have gone up to $18 + tax this year....

You can get them almost anywhere now... the shop in AK in Dino Land, the gift shop at Pop Century Resort, etc.

The Once Upon a Toy store has the largest selection though...

Just be sure to fill the inside of the Potato "HEAD" before loading up the box!

I bought one last year and had to buy another this time so I could get the new "parts" !! (Bride/Groom hats, Goofy hat, Mickey gloves, etc).

Yes, either stuff the potato, or better yet, get just parts, and buy a basic potato set at home for much cheaper! I can't wait to see the new stuff!!

Hope that helps!

Don't forget to fold the foldable pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The really soft things like Mickey Hands & some of the hats are really flexible. Fold them to fit inside other pieces & in the small nooks & crannys in the boxes. We got everything but the body & I was able to fit all the pieces (+ duplicates!) into 2 boxes. :teeth:

Thanks for your great replies!:teeth: Two more questions, please:

1. Where can I get a Mr. Potato Head cheap?

2. I think I read on a previous thread about the arms that you can buy at World of Toys not fitting in the Potato Heads you buy from home and the accessories falling off. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks much!:teeth:

I think I read on a previous thread about the arms that you can buy at World of Toys not fitting in the Potato Heads you buy from home

I don't know the answer to that, but I do know the arms I bought at DTD don't stay in the Mr. Potato I bought at DTD! I'm thinking about supergluing them in!

:) Michele

does anyone know if you can order these online? I'd really like a couple for Christmas.:D

I decided to try to find a Mr. Potato Head to take before we go.
I am having the hardest time finding Mr. Potato Head. I saw the mini ones. That's it.
I looked at Toys R Us, Kay Bee toys, KMart, WalMart and Target. Those are the only stores we have in my area to shop in. None of them sell Mr. Potato Head.
It's so weird. Is Mr. Potato Head out?

Originally posted by disneysnowflake
I decided to try to find a Mr. Potato Head to take before we go.
I am having the hardest time finding Mr. Potato Head. I saw the mini ones. That's it.
I looked at Toys R Us, Kay Bee toys, KMart, WalMart and Target. Those are the only stores we have in my area to shop in. None of them sell Mr. Potato Head.
It's so weird. Is Mr. Potato Head out?

My Kmart has them in a "Silly Suitcase" which includes a bunch of accessories. Maybe you could find a cheap one or two on ebay or a resale shop?

I have found Mr. Potato Head at the Dollar General Store here where I live for $5 in a box with 12 parts. I bought mine on clearance at Wal Mart for $3 last summer. Try looking at some of the "dollar-type" stores such as Family Dollar, or Dollar General. The small size Potato Head is $2 in a kit with several parts and is "themed", such as a skater or other type.

I don't know how much shipping would be, but if you can't find them at all, let me know and maybe I can get them for you.

I know that the part sizes vary, but for those of you have already done this... how many parts were you able to fit in the box? Thanks!

I know that the part sizes vary, but for those of you have already done this... how many parts were you able to fit in the box? Thanks!

In 2 boxes, I was able to fit:

1 Mr. Potato Head
1 set of arms
1 set of eyes
1 nose
1 pr. of Mickey Hands
1 ticket
1 camcorder
1 Mad Hatter Hat
1 Mickey Top Hat
1 Sorcerer Mickey Hat
1 Princess Hat
1 pr of sandal feet
1 pr of glass slipper feet
1 teacup
1 Goofy Hat
1 autograph book
1 Santa Mickey Hat
1 Mickey Ears Hat
3 Mickey Balloons
1 clock
1 crown
1 Safari Hat
1 nametag
1 Christmas tree
1 pr sunglasses
3 different mouths
1 tongue

There was only ONE stinking wand and it was at the top of the tube so I couldn't get it. Could not find any Mickey Bars. Forgot to get ears. Didn't want the guitar. Did not want earrings. But I am pretty sure those things would have fit in the two boxes.

Hope they keep adding new things!

:) Michele

do the arms at Disney actually hold things like the balloons and tickets? The ones that we already had at home won't hold the stuff and I did not buy new arms as I didn't realize there was a difference. IF there is a difference do you think I could call one of the stores and purchase just the arms for a reasonable price?

I believe it is the right arm that hold the items...ballons, tickets, space ranger gun, etc.

You could check out e-bay. I have seen arms and various other parts for sale there. If we were going again soon, I'd be happy to pick you up some arms, but unfortunately we won't be going for a year or so.

Yes, the WDW arms hold the things! Also, my prepurchased (from Target I think) potato doesn't not fit the arms as well as the one that I bought from WDW. the arms fall down with the weight of the items that the hands/arms are holding. I've bought three boxes at Downtown Disney, two with potatoes and one with just parts and I (uh, I mean my son) just about have the complete set.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter