MR on the Wonder - Mar 18 2012

We went Feb 2010 and Jan 2012 and we did pants for the embarkation day, shorts for days 2-6 and pants for the last day at sea and debar cation. PV and Cabo were close to 80 and sunny in Jan. we just had light jackets to cut the wind chill, but we're vary happy in our shorts. Hope that helps!

Thanks! We did East Car. in Jan and wore shorts the whole time but I was getting worried when reading about how people were not even in the pools it was so chilly last week.

We are all getting very excited - FE gifts almost done :cheer2: Now to make door magnets! We did not do that last time and the girls are super excited to do it this time!

My daughter, husband and I finished our F.E. gifts last night.

Need to do a little shopping for some summer clothes this weekend and then the only thing left to do is pack. Can't wait!

Still working on FEs
We had a big family assembly line and progressed
But wife is the only one with sewing machine mastery so we are now at her mercy!
It will be completed before embarkation.......
and delivered before debarkation........

Still working on FEs
We had a big family assembly line and progressed
But wife is the only one with sewing machine mastery so we are now at her mercy!
It will be completed before embarkation.......
and delivered before debarkation........

haha & thats all that matters Ed!!!

The weather here in socal has been a little chilly, I'm hoping it warms up for sail date tho, otherwise we will all be freezing until we hit that warm Mexican sun. Last cruise our sail away party got moved indoors cause it was raining & I SO hope we get to do an outdoor one this time!:worship:

Clare

We are in Alberta, Canada and it is -4 Fahrenheit and we just got 10 inches of snow in the past 4 days.:sad2:

We can not wait to get to Mexico!!:cheer2:

I hope the weather is warm and sunny, but i am mostly looking forward to being on the ocean. I grew up 5 miles from the atlantic and I really miss ocean views. Most of the people reporting about cool mexican temps were sailing about a month before us, a month can make a great difference, i'm not too worried.

We are newbies compared to some I have seen on these threads. This is our first Disney Cruise. We are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary and YES, we are taking our two youngest kids. (15, 7) Our two oldest boys are serving in the US Air Force and we are hoping that when one gets home from the desert we can plan another Disney Cruise next year.

Sooo, any tips or fun ideas we should know about? Someone mentioned you can decorate your door with magnets? And we have heard of Fish Extenders but aren't quite sure what those are?

Would love to hear from all of you who have done these cruises before and tips/tricks that would help us have an awesome trip!

Thanks

Welcome aboard. Congratulations on your big anniversary!

We are a military family too and our first Disney Cruise was to celebrate the end of a very long deployment we had so much fun we started planning our next one while onboard.

I used a travel book my agent recommended the first time and found lots of information, this time I bought the new version of that book and found there was very little MR information in it so I would not recommend it.

I am finding our magnets on this board, I have just been borrowing :rolleyes1 other peoples suggestions. I am creative but just not graphics savvy. I would love to hear how others come up with their magnets.

I am finding our magnets on this board, I have just been borrowing :rolleyes1 other peoples suggestions. I am creative but just not graphics savvy. I would love to hear how others come up with their magnets.

I was also "borrowing" other peoples creations, until i figured out how to make my own mickeyhead that i can add any image, or combination of images. I used powerpoint, if anyone wants to have a copy of the template, just let me know.

Hi
So excited only a week!
Just finished all FE's tonight!
Getting ready to get the suitcases finished up!
Transportation arranged!
Resrvations confirmed!
Still debating whether to go to Dreams Resort in Cabo (30min drive)
For a relaxing all inclusive day or
Stay by Medano and go to the ME resort and rent a day sun bed?
Decisions decisions .....
Big Ed

Ed, I am also unsure what to do in Cabo. I have the whale watching booked, but the kids would rather swim with the dolphins. I saw on another thread a dolphin adventure / water park that looked pretty interesting in PV (www.aquaventuras.com), but I am still not sure how I feel about booking excursions outside of DCL. As a backup in Cabo, I reserved a room at the Hilton, so we could use the facilities for both days, but the second day is so short it might not be worth it.
Started packing the suitcases yesterday. Instead of being excited, as i have been for the past couple of weeks, it is now a nervous excitement. I am worried that I won't remember all the details, and forget important things. I already had that "fun" dream of forgetting the passports.
The weather doesnt look great for saturday and sunday. We are going to the parks on saturday, dont mind the rain so much, it will keep the lines shorter. But i hope the showers will be gone by Sunday. (fingers crossed).

Hi
I have booked things away from Disney and had no issues as long as others on the boards had used then and had good feedback!
I also use cruisecritic dot com boards!
Definetly key point is to always allow yourself plenty of time to be back on the ship specially at a Tender Port!

We decided we might do Dream Resort in Cabo!
Me Resort seems to be to adult oriented and all day Loud Techno music'
Seems like a Dejavu of college spring break days!
I do not want to expose my kids to that yet!!!
Here is the info I got on the Dreams!
It shall be a pleasure for us to welcome you at Dreams Los Cabos, the information you have requested is the following:
The cost for a complete day pass from 7.00 a.m. to 10.30 p.m. is $ 95.00 usd per person that is including breakfast, lunch and dinner and all of the bars.
The cost for a half of a day pass from 7.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. is $ 59.00 usd per person that is including breakfast and lunch and all of the bars or from 12.00 p.m. to 10.30 p.m. that is including lunch and dinner and all of the bars.
The cost for a complete day pass for children between 6 and 12 years is $ 45.00 usd,
The cost for half cay pass for children between 6 and 12 years is $ 30.00 usd.
You do not need to make any reservation in advance for it; you can make all the arrangements upon your arrival in Dreams Los Cabos in the Concierge Desk.
Taxi cab will cost you $ 30.00 usd from 1 up to 4 people, one way, and $ 6.00 usd for every extra person

What is the final concensus on the group-meet? Looks like we might want to meet indoors, just in case.:confused3

What is the final concensus on the group-meet? Looks like we might want to meet indoors, just in case.:confused3

I think we decided on boarding day at 3.30pm on the secret deck on 7 (between rooms 7138 & 7638) - if it's raining - how about the promenade lounge? Does that sounds OK? Then we can go straight to the muster at 4.30 :cool1:

Hi
The meet is set up for 3:30pm in secret rear balcony on 7 th floor!
I do agree if it is Raining and we need to pick a place the Promenade lounge Sounds like a great Plan B!

Big Ed
Ps:promenade lounge is located on 3rd floor next to
Internet cafe, behind Dinning Room.

I just called DCL the movies showing are : Cars 2 3d, Winnie the pooh, The Help, Fight Night & Real Steel. I was hoping for Arriety & John Carter?!?!?:confused3

We're leaving Chicago today for LA. Can't wait - only two more days!
We have our FE's and gifts - wondering who will distribute the room list?
Hope everyone gets their packing done and arrives safely in LA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter