• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MR Feb vrs. April

my2mickeykids

Mouseketeer
We were on the 10 day cruise in April and I rebooked for 7 nights for April 2012 but am also considering February 2012. Anyone go in February that can tell me what the weather was like? Any other differences between the 2 months?

Thank you!

We went this year on the 2/27 cruise. It was a colder (with sprinkles) week in LA (we were in DL prior to the cruise) with temps around 50-60 degrees. We came from Seattle where it was snowing so it didn't bug us at all:)

The first two days of the cruise it was windy and chilly- but the 2nd full sea day (day 3 of the cruise) it was a little warmer (enough to sit out on deck in the sun). PV was the low 80's and Cabo was the same (high 70's low 80's). The minute we left Cabo (last sea day) it was cold and chilly- to the point we took our lunch buffet trays back to our room when we realized there wasw no indoor seating at Beach Blanket- it was too cold to eat comfortably outside.

With that said, I would book it again:) We actually did book the April 1st MR for next year, but only because it worked with our schedules. I am not hopeful of better weather:)

Historically you will have warmer weather in April verses February for the Los Angeles area. As far as the ports, there shouldn't be much difference - high 70s to mid 80s.

A big difference may be how wild the waves are. We sailed mid-April and the captain said it was the smoothest the seas had been for the MR since they started in January.

We were on the Feb 20 cruise (President's Week vacation). We are also from Seattle and we LOVED our cruise weather. The day before we left it rained off and on at Disneyland, but was still much warmer than Seattle, my kids wore shorts. Sailing down to Mexico I can't remember the weather, but once we got there it was beautiful and warm, no clouds and in the high 70s, low 80s everyday. It was such a great break from all the rain and dark skies in Seattle. Our February experience was perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter