MR cruise - Jan 22/12

Hello again - it has been a while and I have to admit, I find these boards very hard to maneuver. Matter fact, I can never find it. So it has been a while. I have a few questions:

1. What are fish extenders?
2. I am reading about charater breakfasts, what are those? Do you pay for them?
3. I have gotten nothing on this cruise. So where do I get my information? Where are you finding the excursions offered? This will be my 54th cruise but first with Disney and I feel lost. Our cabin is 2137 and 2147 but we haven't heard anything about an upgrade. How did you get them? Matter fact, the only thing I have gotten is my reservation when paid. And I had requested a brochure from the Disney Cruise site and didn't get that either.
4. Are there pay restaurants? What all is on the ship that a 5 and 2 1/2 year old would like to do that is additional (we had a 5 and 3 year old in each cabin)??
5. How is everyone getting from the airport to the ship? Any suggestions of hotels the night before that have airport shuttle and shuttle to the ship? Or shuttle services we can use to get to and from the airport for 8 people.
6. What time is a good time to get to the ship for embarkation?

I hope I can find this thread to get these answers.

The first website you should be checking is the Disney Cruise line website. You do your online boarding forms, register your children for activities, register for port adventures, book your arrival time at the cruise terminal, etc. All you will need to start is your reservation number. As soon as you put in your reservation number, you will find all of your info online.
This is my first cruise ever and there is so much information out there that I feel like I have been many times.
Everyone gets one character breakfast per cruise(included in the cost). Your dining tickets will be in your state room upon arrival and will let you know where and when you are scheduled to eat your character breakfast, and your dinners. There are two pay restaurants and they are both adult only. The others restaurants and dining options are included in the cost of your cruise.
I have been told by my travel agent that our tickets and reservation information will be sent in the mail appro. 3-4 weeks before departure. All you need right now, to access your online reservations, is your reservation number.

As for getting to the ship from the airport, my family is arriving a day early and we are landing at John Wayne Airport. From there we are taking a shuttle to a hotel a few blocks from the cruise terminal. The hotel is called SanPedro Inn and Suites. We are paying $79 for the night and the hotel offers a free shuttle to the terminal the next day. I hope this has been a little helpful.

The first website you should be checking is the Disney Cruise line website. You do your online boarding forms, register your children for activities, register for port adventures, book your arrival time at the cruise terminal, etc. All you will need to start is your reservation number. As soon as you put in your reservation number, you will find all of your info online.
This is my first cruise ever and there is so much information out there that I feel like I have been many times.
Everyone gets one character breakfast per cruise(included in the cost). Your dining tickets will be in your state room upon arrival and will let you know where and when you are scheduled to eat your character breakfast, and your dinners. There are two pay restaurants and they are both adult only. The others restaurants and dining options are included in the cost of your cruise.
I have been told by my travel agent that our tickets and reservation information will be sent in the mail appro. 3-4 weeks before departure. All you need right now, to access your online reservations, is your reservation number.

As for getting to the ship from the airport, my family is arriving a day early and we are landing at John Wayne Airport. From there we are taking a shuttle to a hotel a few blocks from the cruise terminal. The hotel is called SanPedro Inn and Suites. We are paying $79 for the night and the hotel offers a free shuttle to the terminal the next day. I hope this has been a little helpful.

Check out these links:
This is a general explanation of what a FE exchange is:
http://www.disneycollegeblog.com/2011/06/whats-fish-extender.html

This has good pictures and a lot of info:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets.htm

Click the links above for the info about the fish extender exchange. If you decide to participate, add your name, room number, and anyone in your cabin taking part.

If you subscribe to this thread, you will get an email notification every time someone adds a comment and you can click right on the link and it will take to directly to the thread. I was having trouble keeping track of the thread until I did this, now it's easy!

The more you read on the main cruise forum, the more info you will learn. People are very helpful! Also use the search engine which is to the right side of the screen. You just type in the words like "dress code" or "children's programs" and you will get a whole list of threads to read. Good luck and keep posting!

I forgot to say--to subscribe to the thread, go to the top of the page once you are in this thread and click on the "thread tools" tab. There will be options like "email this page," etc. and one option will be "subscribe to this thread."

Thanks for the hotel information. I had checked on those. Are you using a shuttle service to your hotel? If so, what is the name and cost. I would like to have a shuttle set up to take us from the ship to the airport the day we get off the ship also. We need two hotel rooms as long as it takes 2 adults and 2 kids in each. $79 per room is a good price though.

As far as registration - that is kinda what we do for all our cruises now. But just wasn't sure if Disney did the same. Guess I will check out excursions and/or look at some on my own.

As far as dinners. I am use to traditional dining and going to the same dining room, same time each night. From reading about Disney you get tickets to your dining room each day for that night. Is that what you are understanding? You said you know which dining room to go to each night. Is that on the registration? Guess I will check it all this afternoon or tomorrow and go from there. I need my daughter in law and grandkids passports so I can get the process rolling.

Welcome Denmom!
You will get a key card and it should have your dining rotation on it. It will say something like AAPATTP.
That tells you if you are to eat in Animators, Parrot Cay or Tritons that evening. Keep reading the boards. You will get used to them quickly! There is a whole thread with info about the Mexican Riviera cruises. They have posted all the Navigators with daily activities from recent crusies that can help you plan what you'd like to do each day. And you can start threads to ask questions if you can't find the info you need. The people on these boards are so helpful, and know things about all aspects of Disney that you would never know otherwise!

Welcome Denmom!
You will get a key card and it should have your dining rotation on it. It will say something like AAPATTP.
That tells you if you are to eat in Animators, Parrot Cay or Tritons that evening. Keep reading the boards. You will get used to them quickly! There is a whole thread with info about the Mexican Riviera cruises. They have posted all the Navigators with daily activities from recent crusies that can help you plan what you'd like to do each day. And you can start threads to ask questions if you can't find the info you need. The people on these boards are so helpful, and know things about all aspects of Disney that you would never know otherwise!

So I am assuming that "Navigators" are the daily sheet right? It seems weird that I have cruised so much and feel I know so little. lol The grandkids and I watched some you tube videos today regarding the ship and things on the ship. But overall, I am hoping that I can get excursions, hotel, and shuttle handled right away and not have that worry.

Where would I find those Navigators sheet on this board?

The shuttle we booked is A1 Express. We booked a nonstop shuttle service from the airport to our hotel and then from the ship back to the airport. One way is $80 including tax.
The dining on this ship is rotational dining. Each night you will eat in a different restaurant with the same server and table mates. There are two dining times, 5:30pm and 8:15pm. You would have been booked into one of those time slots when you booked your cruise.
The info about your dining will be available to you once on board the ship.

FISH EXTENDER SWAPERS WANTED
DEADLINE JANUARY 1, 2012

Dis name
Stateroom #
Who's in the room (age if child)

shoppingstaceysmom
Stateroom#5627
DW Marie
DH Ray

Merryweather11
Stateroom #Ummm...will check and get back on that
DH: Ed
DD: Charlotte (14)
DD: Emma (17)
and me...Lisa

KS Prarie gal
Stateroom # Unknown right now
Me-Kelly
DH-Blake
DD-Kinley age 14

tditter
Stateroom#2028
Me-Traci
DH-Aaron
DD-Lakin 13
DD-Loganne 10

MomPotz
Room #2141
DH-Travis
DW-Tonya
DD10-Sierra
DS7-Mason

nsiordia
Room #5008
Nubia - me
Pancho - DH
Sebastian (6) - DS
Anais (8) - DD

Patty
Room # - not assigned yet, it's a 6AGty
Christian 8 - P's DS
Julian 7 - P's DS
Nicholas 4 - P's DS

3Brinleys
room #6098 (no upgrade for us)
me - Rachel
DH - Steve
DD - Emily (13 - her birthday is 4 days before we cruise!)

bulldog42
Room#2626
DD Breena 11 years
DS Mitchel 9 years
DH Scott
DW Alana

We had a blast wishing all those who travel a great time!! My Family had a great time aboard the Disney Wonder. Memories for a Lifetime.

We had a blast wishing all those who travel a great time!! My Family had a great time aboard the Disney Wonder. Memories for a Lifetime.

Are you the one who made the awesome trip video? If so, thank you so much for posting it on youtube--I've watched it many times--you are very talented!:)

Good morning Cruisers! Just wet and cold here in Kansas and may get ice later today. A warm beach is just more than a month away!
Is everyone ready for Christmas?

Good morning Cruisers! Just wet and cold here in Kansas and may get ice later today. A warm beach is just more than a month away!
Is everyone ready for Christmas?

Very cold and rainy here in San Diego this morning--supposed to clear up tomorrow. I have lots to do to get ready for Christmas! The kids are out of school on friday so next week will be baking time. This week I'm trying to get the presents all bought and wrapped. :-)

Tree is up--hooray!

It is warming up here this morning. Almost 50 degrees!!! I am mostly ready for Christmas. Have a few presents to wrap, and a few stocking stuffers to pick up. Hopefully will get that done today. Today I ordered a new swim suit cover and some shoes for the cruise!! WOOT WOOT!!!!:yay: KSprairiegal...we need to plan our christmas menu!!!:santa:

Wohoo!!! Got my cruise docs today!!!:cool1: Anyone else???

About a month to go, this is going to be the longest month ever!:scared1:

:banana::banana:Yep, just got them!::banana::banana:

Wonder why I din't get the notification that you posted that? Of course then I wouldn't have gotten anything done at work today wondering when mine were coming;)

We got ours!! WOOT WOOT!!:cool1: I think I have my FE stuff all figured out, and we all have new swim suits, so we are just about ready!! I can't wait!!!:yay::woohoo::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter