Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (a completed Disneymoon TR!)

You Can Fly!

We were eager to head over to Fantasyland to ride Peter Pan since we knew that ride would have a long wait if we didn't go to it early enough, so we began our trek. The walk really isn't that difficult, but when you're going back and forth over and over again to get and use FPs, it's tiring! I remember doing that one year, and we backtracked about 3 times. I don't know how I had that energy!

We bypassed the Tomorrowland Speedway. I always get nervous around this area because of that one year I fainted while waiting for the monorail. I thought I was okay after I was brought to lie down on a bench and a CM got me a wet towel so I could wake up, but I started feeling sick again when waiting online for the Speedway.

Since this was in May 2012, the construction cranes were still up and nothing was opened yet. Since we went back in December 2012, we were able to see what has changed since this trip, and boy, it is amazing! I love that we were able to see so much going on in the span of less than a year.

We would definitely be riding Snow White during this trip as it was the last chance for us to do so. I actually think that Fantasyland is a bit incomplete without it. It was actually the dark ride that scared me a bit so it was quite a thrill! I'll probably feel better once the mine train coaster is open.

I don't remember the last time that I rode the carrousel. I look forward to bringing the kiddies on though!

"it's a small world" was being fixed up too, so the scrims were a little boring to see.

We hopped on the standby line for Peter Pan, and glanced over at the faster line for IASW. That would definitely be next!

It wasn't much of a wait, so that was a good thing. Even though we pretty much missed morning EMH, we still were able to see and do things with lower crowds. Those shields really remind me of my childhood! I remember peering over them while waiting to get closer to loading!

Howard was and still is obsessed with light fixtures! He even started a Flickr group that's solely about Disney light fixtures.

Yay, time to board! THese are some of my FAVORITE ride vehicles in all of Disney World. Okay, to be honest, I love them all as many of you already know. I am FASCINATED with ride vehicles and especially ride vehicles on their tracks! But these are so special to me because of how big of a role it had in Virtual Magic Kingdom. Howard and I played VMK and we'd ride Peter Pan together before we ever rode the real ride together!

Haha, apparently I had to pull my hair back in a ponytail to enjoy this ride too! I did end up doing that often during this particular trip also because of the fact that it was HOT in May! I wasn't expecting it to be that bad, but for someone who's so used to February and April temperatures? May was just a bit too high for me.

This is before Howard spent that time studying the canera settings for Peter Pan! This is just one of those rides that is SO difficult to capture. And of course, we do not take pics with flash on dark rides!

This was my quick attempt. At least you can see who's in the scene!

These two are constantly in battle!

You can tell where this photo was taken due to the colors, right?

Howard's came out clearer!

As much as I hate it when this super fast ride ends, I have to admit that I just absolutely LOVE this part of the ride where the ship bumps against the track and I can just watch the mechanics of how this all works.

My dear husband knows how much I love it, so he automatically switches over to taking pictures of these things for me.

I, of course, had to capture this loveliness in video form! And then I must have also gone through puberty at the same time or something happened with the filming part because my voice is clearly so messed up, haha. When Howard and I first watched it, we were so confused by the monster-sounding voice!

VIDEO: Peter Pan Ride Vehicle and Track

Haha, maybe it's better to watch that video with no sound on. Moving onwards!

Your carrousel picture really captures it's details-it looks like a jewel. We love trying to find Cinderella's horse each time we ride.:lovestruc

Great pics of the Peter Pan ride vehicles; they are so pretty. I could just keep riding them in a loop. :rotfl: I really need a set of them and some track in my back yard - for my nephews of course.:lmao:

Great TR - enjoying your wonderful point of view.:flower3:

I think that Peter Pan is one of my favorites... Snow White's Scary Adventure was too... and I think it's BECAUSE they are dark rides... you go from sunny and warm and you are taken into dark and cool without actually going inside... the rides really are a magical transport.... well... Snow White WAS.:sad1:

Loved the pics from Zurg and Peter Pan - that's one of my favorite rides too. I love going to Neverland. :goodvibes It is *so* difficult to get good (non-flash of course) pics on those dark rides though!

Also sympathized with all the walking around you end up doing on park days - it's a short enough distance if you only had to walk it once, but with all the extra trips for fastpasses, it adds up!

I'm actually really impressed with how your Peter Pan ride pics turned out - miles ahead of what I usually wind up getting!

I loved the gift shop at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. There were so many interesting things in there that you couldn't find anywhere else. I thought it was great they had resort specific merchandise!

That's too bad that Howard missed the bus! I know they have to follow the safety procedures, but sometimes that really stinks. :mad: I'm glad you didn't have to wait too long for him!

Howard got great pictures on both Buzz and Peter Pan! Pictures on Peter Pan are so darn difficult... whenever I see a really good, detailed picture taken within the actual attraction I always wonder if they cheated and used a flash. :scratchin

I'm glad others are part of the "no flash" club! :goodvibes

Your face and thumbs down in your Buzz photo is hilarious!! haha!!! :lmao: We didn't get to ride Snow White on our last trip and I was really bummed about it. Peter Pan is a lot of fun for me too. I'm glad you got lots of photos!

I agree--- the PPF's ride vehicles are among my favorites!

They're just that awesome! It really reminds me of my childhood. I can't wait to bring my own kiddies on that ride.

Your carrousel picture really captures it's details-it looks like a jewel. We love trying to find Cinderella's horse each time we ride.:lovestruc

Great pics of the Peter Pan ride vehicles; they are so pretty. I could just keep riding them in a loop. :rotfl: I really need a set of them and some track in my back yard - for my nephews of course.:lmao:

Great TR - enjoying your wonderful point of view.:flower3:

I haven't actually been on the carrousel in ages! I know I tend to just bypass it because of the lines, but I think it might be fun to do one day at night!

Oh man, being able to ride Peter Pan more than once in a row would be so much fun! I feel as if it goes by so quickly, and you have to look around from one side to the other to try not to miss anything.

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

I think that Peter Pan is one of my favorites... Snow White's Scary Adventure was too... and I think it's BECAUSE they are dark rides... you go from sunny and warm and you are taken into dark and cool without actually going inside... the rides really are a magical transport.... well... Snow White WAS.:sad1:

They really are such a magical transport! I distinctly remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride too. That ride really makes me remember the bright sunshine and then the dark, cool atmosphere inside probably because I was slightly afraid of it, haha.

Loved the pics from Zurg and Peter Pan - that's one of my favorite rides too. I love going to Neverland. :goodvibes It is *so* difficult to get good (non-flash of course) pics on those dark rides though!

Also sympathized with all the walking around you end up doing on park days - it's a short enough distance if you only had to walk it once, but with all the extra trips for fastpasses, it adds up!

My husband doesn't spend as much time with his camera as others because the main place where he takes photos is in WDW, but I do see that he's getting better since our first trip together with my family in 2010! He likes to study the settings of good photographers on Flickr, so hopefully his ability to get good dark ride photos without flash will continue to improve.

I always think about getting a pedometer to see how much we actually walk, but then when the time comes, I'm always thinking I'd rather spend money on something else, haha. Howard has one, so maybe he'll keep it clipped on on our park days.

I'm actually really impressed with how your Peter Pan ride pics turned out - miles ahead of what I usually wind up getting!

I always tell myself not to bother with pictures since they won't come out good anyway, but when the ride vehicle seems to slow down for a brief second, I always attempt it! Haha. I really should just enjoy the ride. Or maybe we do one ride with picture attempts and then another of just enjoying it!

I loved the gift shop at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. There were so many interesting things in there that you couldn't find anywhere else. I thought it was great they had resort specific merchandise!

That's too bad that Howard missed the bus! I know they have to follow the safety procedures, but sometimes that really stinks. :mad: I'm glad you didn't have to wait too long for him!

Howard got great pictures on both Buzz and Peter Pan! Pictures on Peter Pan are so darn difficult... whenever I see a really good, detailed picture taken within the actual attraction I always wonder if they cheated and used a flash. :scratchin

I'm glad others are part of the "no flash" club! :goodvibes

I really miss the AKL gift shop! It has become kind of synonymous with our Disneymoon since we always had to walk through there. I too love the resort specific merchandise now that I've actually stayed at Disney resorts!

I should have just waited for him to get back! I mean, I COULD have gone in and then come back out, but I figured it wouldn't have been that long. Oh well!

You can usually tell when someone has used flash or not based on the reflections off the subjects especially the figures on dark rides. I can't stand people who use flash especially on POTC! It lights up the entire room and it's kind of sickening! We've had many occasions where people were using flash, and we've had to say something just because it was really difficult on the eyes and could make someone sick.

Your face and thumbs down in your Buzz photo is hilarious!! haha!!! :lmao: We didn't get to ride Snow White on our last trip and I was really bummed about it. Peter Pan is a lot of fun for me too. I'm glad you got lots of photos!

Haha, it's because that score was just plain ol' pitiful!

I have gotten way behind on your TR! I have been watching your videos and they are adorable. You guys are perfect.

I just now realized you stayed at AKL and I am so excited to see your photos because I booked a trip for July there! We are staying 3 nights at POP and 4 nights at AKL. i booked a standard view too so I hope I get an ok view like yours.

I have gotten way behind on your TR! I have been watching your videos and they are adorable. You guys are perfect.

I just now realized you stayed at AKL and I am so excited to see your photos because I booked a trip for July there! We are staying 3 nights at POP and 4 nights at AKL. i booked a standard view too so I hope I get an ok view like yours.

That's okay; I'm way behind on actually posting on my TR! Life just gets in the way especially with state testing in April and end of the year stuff.

Ahhh, how exciting! AKL is definitely an amazing resort. It was just perfect for our Disneymoon when we weren't necessarily aiming to be in the parks every moment of the day so that we could actually enjoy meandering around Jambo and Kidani.

"it's a small world"

Pardon the boring title for this update, but I didn't really want to spend time trying to come up with something a little more creative when I haven't even posted on this TR for a month and a half! Whoops! I apologize for the lack of updates, but school definitely just got in the way. Being a teacher doesn't always make it possible to be a good DISer! I did want to announce before continuing on with this next installment that Howard and I are GOING BACK TO DISNEY! Haha, it's kind of ridiculous really how much stuff I'll have for trip reports since there was our April 2012 TR that I didn't start, this current May 2012 Disneymoon TR, the December 2012 TR, and now a June 2013 TR that will be waiting in the wings! We really didn't think we'd be back to WDW for a while since our APs expired in April. What a sad, sad moment! Those who follow me on Instagram now know that that disappointing day came and went as we were still in NY instead of using our APs for the last time! But my parents' timeshare had a deal going on, but instead of just going down for the few days the resort was suggesting, my mom said it would make more sense to exchange our timeshare week for one in June! Yippee! This means driving down, of course, but at least it will be a MUCH less expensive trip since there's no airfaire or hotel to pay for. It's super exciting because we're leaving the DAY AFTER the 8TH GRADE GRADUATION, so it's literally the day after I finish work for this school year. That means there's even MORE reason to be loving the end of this school year!

Now on to this update!

Our next ride was "it's a small world." Despite the fact that a lot of people dislike this ride, I LOVE it. Haha, I think I always start updates about IASW like that. The song doesn't annoy me or anything like that probably because I'm so into seeing things that I seem to have missed every other time! I love how there's something new to see.

It's also one of those rides that we can go on when we want to be off our feet for a bit and not have to wait on a long line (USUALLY that's the case because we' have instances where the line was super long too and we had to return to it later on).

When Howard took this picture, I was so afraid he'd drop his camera. One of my fears is dropping stuff in water, especially expensive stuff!

I wonder how often they get the change from IASW. What do they do with that money?

Ride vehicle! It's obviously a wheelchair accessible ride vehicle, but a ride vehicle nonetheless! I love 'em so much.

The background of this photo looks so plain and bland, but I guess when you're actually on the ride, you don't notice it as most of us probably look up towards the people eating in Pinocchio Village Haus! I've never actually eaten there before, but I think it'd be super fun to have a quick bite there when we have kiddies of our own so that they can enjoy waving to boat after boat of people!

I wonder if people think it's weird when they see us stand on the lines for all the "kiddie" rides. Oh well, we'd do it anyway!

There's something so visually appealing about the geometric shapes that are used on this ride.

Married!

Now we were in the position of waving to people! I actually like that in this picture, I got the dad taking a photo of his son and his wife. They just look so happy.

Moving into the first scene! Looking up at all the mobiles hanging from the ceiling is interesting because it makes me realize that we're just going from room to room in a building. Haha, I mean, I know that's probably a really obvious statement, but seeing the black ceiling just really brings that to my attention. I do like seeing the mechanics of that simple mobile though.

This is the one doll that probably freaks us out the most when he is missing. I know that the dolls are taken down every once in a while for refurbishment because sometimes they're missing from scenes, but when this guy is gone we get a little nervous and can't help thinking about Kingdom Keepers! I guess it's because he's so close to the boats and on our level and because he could easily reach us if he wanted to!

I have a lot of favorite scenes, but the Jewish wedding under the chuppah is probably one of my all-time favorites just because I remember when I finally knew what it was after taking Intro to Judaism in college. I have a theology minor, and I took any of the non-Catholic classes that were offered since those were the bulk of what was available due to it being a Catholic university! It was fun to read the texts in that class, and it was also fun to be able to say that I had a rabbi! What I learned in that class really comes in handy as I sometimes teach Bible at my school and in my 8th grade ELA class, we read The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare (my favorite book of all time). Oh wow, I never noticed beforehand that there were the two birds as the decorative part of the chuppah! I'm always looking at the bride and groom!

I really like the elephant in the back of this scene. It reminds me of babies, haha. I know that's weird, but it looks like a cute elephant that would be on a print for sheets for a crib or something.

It'd be super cute if in this scene, they put Jasmine and Aladdin. I really want to ride the Disneyland version to see all the Disney characters incorporated in the scenes from around the world.

So pretty from far away but so creepy up close because those two dolls are really close to the boat as well!

Only recently did I notice that a lot of the leaves and hearts and flowers are glittered around the edges. They remind me of crafting especially the heart flowers (not in this picture).

Those kids are just casually chilling with a "real" elephant.

This SHOULD be one of my favorites because I LOVE LOVE LOVE penguins, but I think these could have been so much cuter.

Huh, what kind of bird or creature is on the right part of this scene?

Be prepared because you might get some egg on ya!

Had to take this picture as a reference to Kingdom Keepers! I'm pretty sure that's the biggest sun in the entire ride.

Those koala bears look kinda grungy; is it just me who thinks that?

Makes me want to take a quick monorail ride to the Polynesian!

You play those instruments!

(continued in next post)

(continued from previous post)

The final scene with the boat reminds me of Splash Mountain although there are no half dead birds singing on this one.

Tried to capture a photo of the cowboy since we were stopped for a moment. Ever since we saw The American Adventure and how the animatronic is able to actually make a real lasso from rope, this one doesn't seem as fun, haha.

In LOVE. Oh dear, we are beyond mushy, aren't we? We're still this way even though we just celebrated our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Yes, we are going to make June our one year anniversary trip since we didn't really do anything big last weekend due to work!

I saw somewhere that they changed this final scene and included screens or something, but I didn't watch it on video because I'd like to see it for myself.

They should include one that says, "TOODLES!" That's what I say to my students when the bell rings and it's time for them to change classes. Often times a bunch of them will stick around to talk to me (our small middle school actually doesn't make a big deal about lateness because there are only a few rooms on our one floor, so if kids are late, we know it was because they were still with a teacher and not loitering in the halls ... there aren't any places to loiter between those 5 rooms!). Anyway, when those kids stick around and I need to let my next class in or I need to leave my room to go downstairs to the main office, I'll say, "I love you, but get out." Haha, that's probably not something you could possibly put at the end of this ride though.

I kind of like when the boats get backed up here. It's like getting extra time on the ride, haha.

Seeing people walk through the line to get on the ride is kinda weird because if I'm in a thinking mood, I just have to start pondering how genius Disney was about designing rides and queues that constantly move people through each ride. I mean, how many guests actually get to experience each attraction in a park? I'm amazed at how Disney handles crowds.

It wasn't time for the doors to open on the clock so a plain ol' pic it is!

Lastly, although it's slightly blurry, you know me! I had to get a picture of the ride vehicle and this watery "track."

Ahh, how fun it was to update my TR! If I didn't have school up until the day before our June trip, I would've said I'd try to finish this before leaving, but there really is no way that is going to happen! Oh well, I will just have a TON of Disney memories and pictures to keep me satisfied until our next NEXT trip!

Rachel- I can't wait for your June trip! I am so happy that you and the family get to go to DW! I know you we're really sad that you thought you and Howard weren't going to go this year! What a wonderful surprise and wonderful Family vacation! Also hope we get to meet up while down there too! We are leaving on the 12th which is the last day of work for my mom. She surprised us with getting a hotel room for the night of the 12th. She figured she was going to do that so we won't be so tired or grouchy (as they call me with not a lot of sleep). Hahaha

I love IASW! Just nice to sit down on that ride and take a break from the heat! I won't finish reading Kingdom Keepers until we get back from Disney but might change my mind and just read it. Jason freaked me out and said I will never want to ride it after the book. What a sweet hubby huh? Lol! Can't wait to read more.

:wave2:Hi Rachel and happy anniversary!!:cloud9:

How exciting to have another trip coming up. The planning alone is sooooo exciting.:hyper:

Love the Small World pics, especially of the ceiling. That's one of our favorite rides too. It's great when the boat is stuck in the polynesian room, the music is so pretty in there. It's funny, I was just watching a SW video from a previous trip and the gondolier was in it. I am obsessed with gondolas but I've only ridden one in Vegas.:lmao: Hopefully, they will let us ride the gondolas in Epcot some day!

Yes, those bears are grungy, right up there with the dusty trees as you board the Great Movie Ride vehicles and the half-dead Splash birds.:lmao: Disney, I love you but, they need more pixie-dust. pixiedust:! As for the coins in the water, I read somewhere it is donated to charity.

Wait! Are there kiddie rides in Disney? We become 5 when we are there so we just feel free to ride everything. Naahhh, I don't think anyone notices.:rolleyes1

Enjoy the remainder of the school year. How exciting to head to Disney right after the last day!:yay:

YAY! Your almost-anniversary trip will be so fun!

I love it's a small world, too! There's really nothing not to love! :thumbsup2

Haha, when Zach and I wait on line for something like Peter Pan's Flight, I worry people are judging us, but never for IASW! It's too much of a classic to be considered a "kiddie ride."

Rachel- I can't wait for your June trip! I am so happy that you and the family get to go to DW! I know you we're really sad that you thought you and Howard weren't going to go this year! What a wonderful surprise and wonderful Family vacation! Also hope we get to meet up while down there too! We are leaving on the 12th which is the last day of work for my mom. She surprised us with getting a hotel room for the night of the 12th. She figured she was going to do that so we won't be so tired or grouchy (as they call me with not a lot of sleep). Hahaha

I love IASW! Just nice to sit down on that ride and take a break from the heat! I won't finish reading Kingdom Keepers until we get back from Disney but might change my mind and just read it. Jason freaked me out and said I will never want to ride it after the book. What a sweet hubby huh? Lol! Can't wait to read more.

Yeah, it was disappointing thinking that we wouldn't be back in a really long time. We do have a tentative trip in February 2014 with my cousins because I am buying them 4-day park tickets for being my wonderful maid of honor and bridesmaid, but that seemed so far off! I just realized before though that this trip will be the first vacation in like, FOREVER when I don't have to return home and worry about school or work! I always usually have to do a ton of lesson planning before the trip and then bring grading with me or something (I have students email their papers to me so that I can grade on the road). That's why I'm looking forward to this trip even more!

It'd be really fun to be able to meet! I love meeting DIS friends. I'd also love to see Olivia having a fun Disney time too!

Haha, thankfully the book hasn't scared me to the point where I don't want to ride the rides. If anything, it gave me an even bigger interest in them! Considering the crazy things happened at night when MK was closed, I know I'm safe during the day. Haha, at least that's the case for the first book!

:wave2:Hi Rachel and happy anniversary!!:cloud9:

How exciting to have another trip coming up. The planning alone is sooooo exciting.:hyper:

Love the Small World pics, especially of the ceiling. That's one of our favorite rides too. It's great when the boat is stuck in the polynesian room, the music is so pretty in there. It's funny, I was just watching a SW video from a previous trip and the gondolier was in it. I am obsessed with gondolas but I've only ridden one in Vegas.:lmao: Hopefully, they will let us ride the gondolas in Epcot some day!

Yes, those bears are grungy, right up there with the dusty trees as you board the Great Movie Ride vehicles and the half-dead Splash birds.:lmao: Disney, I love you but, they need more pixie-dust. pixiedust:! As for the coins in the water, I read somewhere it is donated to charity.

Wait! Are there kiddie rides in Disney? We become 5 when we are there so we just feel free to ride everything. Naahhh, I don't think anyone notices.:rolleyes1

Enjoy the remainder of the school year. How exciting to head to Disney right after the last day!:yay:

Thank you! I can't believe I can say that I've been married for a year already!

I've never ridden in a gondola before, but I agree that it'd be awesome to be able to ride the ones in Epcot! What an experience that would be!

Ooo, I know the half-dead Splash birds (although I heard that they were fixed recently during the refurb?), but I haven't noticed the dusty trees! Haha, I'm definitely going to have to take a look at that.

That's a great thing to hear that they donate the coins to charity. I mean, that's probably a ton of money, right? It all adds up!

I love being 5 at Disney World! That's why I'm so excited to bring our own kids there too. I think it'll increase our appreciation tenfold!

I'm so eager for this school year to be finished because it's so tiring with so much stress on my shoulders. I hope that the exhaustion makes me sleep a lot in the car though, haha.

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Hooray for another trip!!!! Hooray!!!!

Thank you! I'm so excited to have another trip!!! It's such a great reward for finishing another school year!

YAY! Your almost-anniversary trip will be so fun!

I love it's a small world, too! There's really nothing not to love! :thumbsup2

It'll be weird having my dad drive us to the parks and picking us up though, haha. He said it's not worth using the timeshares shuttle service or getting a taxi, so we'll have to rely on him. We'll also hit one park with my mom and younger brother (probably DHS), but when we're in Disney, it's still such a fun adventure whether it's an anniversary trip we take alone or one we take with my family, haha.

Haha, when Zach and I wait on line for something like Peter Pan's Flight, I worry people are judging us, but never for IASW! It's too much of a classic to be considered a "kiddie ride."

I think it'd be weird if people avoid those rides not wanting to be looked at strangely. Haha, I just wonder, but it never prevents us from going on! When I heard about activities for kids too like that Wilderness Explorer thing, I'm also open to it, haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter