Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (a completed Disneymoon TR!)

I'm finally caught up! I haven't had much DIS time lately, and every time I do come here, you put up another update! :rotfl2:

(I'm going to try to jump in with the games sooner or later, but now I'm too late for all of them!)

I love all of your airport adventures! Yum, Chick Fil A! Isn't it so annoying that they don't have them in the Northeast?

I love the fake monorail and the moving floors at MCO! The airport I fly out of, Bradley, isn't big enough for moving floors. :sad: So anytime I get to hop on one of those, I'm happy! (Doesn't take much to amuse me :rotfl:)

OMG your videos on the ME are making me cry! :sad: I'm missing Disney SO much right now! And I've never even been on the ME! Just hearing your driver talk about how long it will take to get to the resorts, and then seeing the Disney arch...ugh, I can't handle it!

(Was that you that said "woo hoo" when he mentioned AKL by the way? :rotfl2:)

Can't wait to see your room at AKL! I really have to stay there someday, it is SO beautiful! :goodvibes

Dang, I'm too slow...again, I agree with the Mexico pavilion for the picture. Is it in the queue for the Gran Fiesta Tour?

GRAN FIESTA TOUR!

Dang, I didn't realize you had to be the first to guess. I don't look at other people's answers, I swear! Haha it's okay though.

I am late, but joining in! :) You wedding was gorgeous and I ADORE your invitations!

How wonderful that you rented points from Joanna and Chris !!! Renting DVC points is the most cost effective way to stay deluxe I think. It really does cost less.

I've never read one of your trip reports before... but I'm subbing now.
I'll introduce myself- Rebecca, from Indiana, been on the dis for about 4 years, I think... I'm also married... our 4 year anniversary is in September... Man how time flies!

A few comments: 1) love all the pictures... especially the ones from the wedding!
2) I love that you call your brother brodo- I call my youngest brother brobro.... idk.. I just started calling him that and it kinda stuck
3) I love that you're craft... I like to pretend to be... but I don't have much time for crafting anymore... I mean I do.. I just don't devote much time to it. I like to make jewelry and it's now gotten to be occasionally that I make greeting cards-- I take pictures and use them as the cover to the picture and then I calligraphy a note inside. I mainly only give them out to family members... but I take pictures of my dog (sometimes I dress him up for the pics) and then use that as the front of the card. So I'm happy to find someone else on the DIS that is into card crafts too...
4) I'm on the part where you are boarding the plane... but I had to write you now.

I haven't read any of the other response to the game because I just click on the chapter titles and read the chapters... not any of the chatter.
The answer to the character scramble is: Flick from Pochantas.
I thought that was alot of fun... I had no idea what the character was... I originally thought I had gotten one of the answers wrong.

So nice to have met you Rae! I think our humor is somewhat alike... but I do have a question..
What is HSM3? I can't figure it out.
Also-- HairPain! Did you get that from J&K+8?
Just wondering! I'm going back to catch up! :thumbsup2

ALSO- just saw your picture from the last chapter as I was scrolling up to return to the chapter I'm on.

I think that picture is from Epcot- inside of Mexico, in the Chichenitza temple, hanging from the ceiling in the little town- as you're going onto the Three Amigos ride. Am I close?

For some reason I have the answer for round 4- which I believe was Jafar... and then I don't have round 5 or 6- just round 7- which is the waterfall/statue thing that turns around while you're waiting in line and 8- I have no idea because I've never read any of your other trip reports.

Also, a few other things- I LOVE dipping sauces too-- there is a Chick-Fil-A literally like a block from my house, I could walk there (but I don't)... and I almost exclusively get the honey mustard sauce... but I have tried the BBQ and I do enjoy the orange sauce... I can't spell it.. starts with a P- just like McD's sweet & sour but with a bit more kick.
Also- for Christmas I'd just be happy if someone gave me a gallon jug of sweet & sour sauce from McD! I put that stuff on EVERYTHING-- who needs ketchup for fries? Give me more s&s!

Also, too much caffeine also sets off my heart, so I don't drink coffee or Mt. Dew.. but I still drink coke (even though I shouldn't).
And I'm also married to a geek. My husgeek (Moose) tells me a good way to find out what "level" of geek you are, is to see if you know of, have watched, or own Firefly. Do you- or Howard- know what Firefly is? If not- it's on Netflix (if you have it). It's a really good show!:thumbsup2

I think that's it for now.

Welcome! Haha, I understand the competitive part. When another DISer had a game posted every Saturday, I was obsessively refreshing the page all day long until the round was up!

Thank you! I agree. The ceremony part is way too public for me. I feel like our vows had to be written to be personal but also in a way that would be fitting for the audience that was there.

Hmm, I think you're right about the changed recipe! It used to be different when I was a kid. The flakes were different then too, I think.

If I could edit, I'd like to edit all of the random videos to be one, but I don't know how to do that (nor do I have the creativity to do that). My next splurge in the future will be a video camera. I think the stabilization on a video camera will be better. Plus, my digi camera gets really hot after a while of filming, and it makes the battery blink and then it shuts down. This is when I record long things like Lights, Motor, Action.

Mmm, I JUST saw the special sauce on the website before, and I'm so curious as to what it is! Mmm, so many options. Now I'm really itching to go back! Haha, I like the free ice cream thing too except for the fact that my DH and I are both lactose intolerant (not severely like we can't have food that has dairy in it, but things like ice cream, yogurt, and cream cheese do me in although sometimes I sneak a little!).

Yes! I love the idea of personal vows, but I hate talking about my relationship in front of/to other people. It feels like a (weird) form of PDA.

I think of ratio of sparkle flakes to normal healthy flakes to bunches is different now. It just seems off!

A video camera would be so much fun. Even though I get so embarrassed watching myself talk/hearing myself talk and I'm so bad at video editing, I'm obsessed with them! My only video capable device is my iPhone and I don't think that counts! :rotfl: It's just such a fun medium to play around in and it's more personal than photography a lot of the time (plus it's harder to forget what/why you filmed when there's narration!).

Aw, no ice cream. :( You could keep the toy then (Chik-Fil-A has surprisingly decent kids' meal toys! Once I got a whole Little Golden Book of The Poky Little Puppy.) Special sauce is their honey mustard and BBQ sauce mixed together (I think) and it's really good! Especially on waffle fries.

Your luggage is so cute!

I love Animal Kingdom Lodge but can never remember the difference between the two (which one is first, etc.). I just know that Boma is in Jambo and Sanaa is in Kidani. That's all you really need to know, right?

Actually, I became a part-time transcriptionist because my fiance is a Realtor and has sold a few properties to a couple that owns a legal/medical transcription company. I'm also a full-time paralegal, but I don't think that really helps (mainly because I do Estate Planning work and this is like military Court Martial stuff). I think you would be really good at it! It really just requires good proofreading and grammar/spelling skills. I work for a company called Escribe Inc., but if you Google it (legal transcription), there's lots of companies. I have never even met the people I work for, they were able to remotely connect to my computer to download the software. I like it because, well, who doesn't love extra money :-))) and it's nice to just be able to do it whenever I want.

I'm going to guess you had the Roasted Beet salad at Sunshine Seasons twice?

And hooray for finally winning a weak sauce point! :hyper: :goodvibes

My guess for Cropped is inside of the Mexico pavilion at Epcot?

It is the Mexico pavilion; it just had to be a little more specific than that. Sorry! Maybe you'll get the next round!

Depending on who your tv service provider is, you can watch full episodes of Big Bang online through TBS

I LOVE LOVE LOVE blue cheese!! In fact, when you mentioned the salad at Outback, I thought I might have to go there sometime to get that!! I made burgers stuffed with blue cheese the other day and started nibbling on the cheese out of the container and had a hard time stopping :blush:

I totally remember which side of MCO to find magical express by MeMom's comment about B for Brooklynn too :laughing:

How exciting you got to stay at AKL! We rented points once and stayed at OKW and if we don't get a great deal for our next vacation (free dining is too good to pass up!) I would definitely consider renting points again

OK, since you didn't say entrees, I'm going to guess desserts for your Sunshine Seasons dishes...I'll say the Key Lime Tart for you (my personal fave, and since I don't see any blue cheese on the menu :rotfl:) and the Strawberry Shortcake or whatever that is that everyone raves about for Howard

I see the few episodes on TBS, but I'm the kind of person that has to watch it from the start of the series! Hopefully, it'll be on Netflix soon!

Mmm, burgers with bleu cheese sounds so delicious! Haha, I "nom" on bleu cheese crumbles whenever I can. The other day we had boneless wings, and I was using the celery and chicken to dig out the crumbles! Haha, Howard doesn't mind; he's grossed out by bleu cheese even though he can dip a little and be okay.

Good guesses for Sunshine Seasons! Haha, we didn't actually order desserts.

I'd say the picture is from Mexico, but I can't for the life of me narrow it down. :rotfl:

It was from Mexico!

I'm finally caught up! I haven't had much DIS time lately, and every time I do come here, you put up another update! :rotfl2:

(I'm going to try to jump in with the games sooner or later, but now I'm too late for all of them!)

I love all of your airport adventures! Yum, Chick Fil A! Isn't it so annoying that they don't have them in the Northeast?

I love the fake monorail and the moving floors at MCO! The airport I fly out of, Bradley, isn't big enough for moving floors. :sad: So anytime I get to hop on one of those, I'm happy! (Doesn't take much to amuse me :rotfl:)

OMG your videos on the ME are making me cry! :sad: I'm missing Disney SO much right now! And I've never even been on the ME! Just hearing your driver talk about how long it will take to get to the resorts, and then seeing the Disney arch...ugh, I can't handle it!

(Was that you that said "woo hoo" when he mentioned AKL by the way? :rotfl2:)

Can't wait to see your room at AKL! I really have to stay there someday, it is SO beautiful! :goodvibes

Haha, well the updates will slow down a bit because I exceeded my bandwidth for the month!

YEAH, there are so many things that we don't have! So jealous, haha.

I don't feel as childish about moving sidewalks if you too love 'em as well!

HAHA, yes, that was me who said woohoo.

Dang, I'm too slow...again, I agree with the Mexico pavilion for the picture. Is it in the queue for the Gran Fiesta Tour?

You got a weak sauce point! A lot of others guessed Mexico, but it had to be specific with the Gran Fiesta Tour. Yay!

GRAN FIESTA TOUR!

Dang, I didn't realize you had to be the first to guess. I don't look at other people's answers, I swear! Haha it's okay though.

That's correct! You missed it by just a little bit. Good luck on the next round!

I am late, but joining in! :) You wedding was gorgeous and I ADORE your invitations!

Thank you! I'm so glad that last minute, Howard was able to design them. I thought we were going to have to go with something boring from David's Bridal.

How wonderful that you rented points from Joanna and Chris !!! Renting DVC points is the most cost effective way to stay deluxe I think. It really does cost less.

Yeah, it cost SO much less. Just wouldn't have been possible to pay like, $400 a night!

I've never read one of your trip reports before... but I'm subbing now.
I'll introduce myself- Rebecca, from Indiana, been on the dis for about 4 years, I think... I'm also married... our 4 year anniversary is in September... Man how time flies!

A few comments: 1) love all the pictures... especially the ones from the wedding!
2) I love that you call your brother brodo- I call my youngest brother brobro.... idk.. I just started calling him that and it kinda stuck
3) I love that you're craft... I like to pretend to be... but I don't have much time for crafting anymore... I mean I do.. I just don't devote much time to it. I like to make jewelry and it's now gotten to be occasionally that I make greeting cards-- I take pictures and use them as the cover to the picture and then I calligraphy a note inside. I mainly only give them out to family members... but I take pictures of my dog (sometimes I dress him up for the pics) and then use that as the front of the card. So I'm happy to find someone else on the DIS that is into card crafts too...
4) I'm on the part where you are boarding the plane... but I had to write you now.

I haven't read any of the other response to the game because I just click on the chapter titles and read the chapters... not any of the chatter.
The answer to the character scramble is: Flick from Pochantas.
I thought that was alot of fun... I had no idea what the character was... I originally thought I had gotten one of the answers wrong.

So nice to have met you Rae! I think our humor is somewhat alike... but I do have a question..
What is HSM3? I can't figure it out.
Also-- HairPain! Did you get that from J&K+8?
Just wondering! I'm going back to catch up! :thumbsup2

So glad you're here, Rebecca! And thanks for all your comments!

Ooo, I love finding out DIS friends who also craft! It's just so soothing and relaxing to be working with smaller projects. They're not overwhelming, and they can be done pretty quickly.

Hope you have fun with future rounds too!

HSM3 is High School Musical 3! Haha, greatest of the movies, I think. I'm a fan of that one!

And YES, hair-pain is from Jon & Kate! Ever since I heard it, I've been saying it. I guess it makes it not AS scary since I do NOT like flying!

ALSO- just saw your picture from the last chapter as I was scrolling up to return to the chapter I'm on.

I think that picture is from Epcot- inside of Mexico, in the Chichenitza temple, hanging from the ceiling in the little town- as you're going onto the Three Amigos ride. Am I close?

Yup, it was from the ride in the Mexico pavilion!

Round 4: the answer is Jafar the villain from Aladdin

Yup, it was Jafar!

For some reason I have the answer for round 4- which I believe was Jafar... and then I don't have round 5 or 6- just round 7- which is the waterfall/statue thing that turns around while you're waiting in line and 8- I have no idea because I've never read any of your other trip reports.

Also, a few other things- I LOVE dipping sauces too-- there is a Chick-Fil-A literally like a block from my house, I could walk there (but I don't)... and I almost exclusively get the honey mustard sauce... but I have tried the BBQ and I do enjoy the orange sauce... I can't spell it.. starts with a P- just like McD's sweet & sour but with a bit more kick.
Also- for Christmas I'd just be happy if someone gave me a gallon jug of sweet & sour sauce from McD! I put that stuff on EVERYTHING-- who needs ketchup for fries? Give me more s&s!

Also, too much caffeine also sets off my heart, so I don't drink coffee or Mt. Dew.. but I still drink coke (even though I shouldn't).
And I'm also married to a geek. My husgeek (Moose) tells me a good way to find out what "level" of geek you are, is to see if you know of, have watched, or own Firefly. Do you- or Howard- know what Firefly is? If not- it's on Netflix (if you have it). It's a really good show!:thumbsup2

I think that's it for now.

Mmm, Chik-Fil-A sauce! I wish I had more chances of trying the different flavors. I think what you're referring to is the Polynesian one. A few other readers mentioned that one too!

Haha, I like the "husgeek" thing. I haven't heard of Firefly; I'm not sure if he has. And yes, we do have Netflix streaming! That's how I watch all my shows.

Yes! I love the idea of personal vows, but I hate talking about my relationship in front of/to other people. It feels like a (weird) form of PDA.

I think of ratio of sparkle flakes to normal healthy flakes to bunches is different now. It just seems off!

A video camera would be so much fun. Even though I get so embarrassed watching myself talk/hearing myself talk and I'm so bad at video editing, I'm obsessed with them! My only video capable device is my iPhone and I don't think that counts! :rotfl: It's just such a fun medium to play around in and it's more personal than photography a lot of the time (plus it's harder to forget what/why you filmed when there's narration!).

Aw, no ice cream. :( You could keep the toy then (Chik-Fil-A has surprisingly decent kids' meal toys! Once I got a whole Little Golden Book of The Poky Little Puppy.) Special sauce is their honey mustard and BBQ sauce mixed together (I think) and it's really good! Especially on waffle fries.

Your luggage is so cute!

I love Animal Kingdom Lodge but can never remember the difference between the two (which one is first, etc.). I just know that Boma is in Jambo and Sanaa is in Kidani. That's all you really need to know, right?

Haha, I've never heard them called sparkle flakes before. I like that.

EVERY time we go to Target or a place that has video cameras, I HAVE to look at them. I love them so much! I think it's so cool to be able to film a lot more that goes on in life because photography is great, but I like the narration to capture the feelings of the moment too.

I loved Poky the Little Puppy! That would've been such a cute toy to have that represents my childhood. Mmm, honey mustard AND BBQ sauce? Best of both worlds!

Jambo House is the first one, the big resort. Kidani was made to be exclusively DVC afterwards. Kidani is supposedly quieter. But you're right; as long as you know which has which restaurant, that's all that matters! We LOVED both of them!

Actually, I became a part-time transcriptionist because my fiance is a Realtor and has sold a few properties to a couple that owns a legal/medical transcription company. I'm also a full-time paralegal, but I don't think that really helps (mainly because I do Estate Planning work and this is like military Court Martial stuff). I think you would be really good at it! It really just requires good proofreading and grammar/spelling skills. I work for a company called Escribe Inc., but if you Google it (legal transcription), there's lots of companies. I have never even met the people I work for, they were able to remotely connect to my computer to download the software. I like it because, well, who doesn't love extra money :-))) and it's nice to just be able to do it whenever I want.

I'm going to guess you had the Roasted Beet salad at Sunshine Seasons twice?

And hooray for finally winning a weak sauce point! :hyper: :goodvibes

The transcriptionist thing really sounds like an interesting way to make some extra cash. Do you write what you hear verbatim? I Googled it a bit, and I'm not quite sure if that's what's done.

YES, you win a weak sauce point! I did have the beet salad twice! I absolutely LOVE that dish.

**********​

Just as a note to all of you, please check out this listing. My real Disney friend, Kathy, sent this to me yesterday. Her daughter (also as HUGE Disney fan; their whole family is ... she even went to Disneyland Paris!!!) posted a rare Stitch plush twin headboard!

Weak Sauce Points Scoreboard

Round 9: Cropped was the GRAN FIESTA TOUR QUEUE - yay to wdwgirl03! Good job to those of you who guessed Mexico; it just had to be more specific than that.

IMG_6536.jpg

Part of Round 8 is still up for grabs! NeverlandClub23 guessed that I had the roasted beet salad twice, and that was correct! As a hint for Howard's dish, it was ALSO something that was very refreshing considering the grossly hot weather! If you guessed already, you may guess again!

wdwgirl03 - 2
NeverlandClub23 - 2
shan23877 - 2
therussells08 - 1
Curiouser&curiouser! - 1
jane2073 - 1
Happy Duck - 1

:rotfl: The story behind my guess ('cause, you know, I know you're dying to know :lmao:) is that I know you love beets (from when I think you ordered a roasted beet salad at WPE or somewhere? I don't know, it just stuck out at me because I love beets too and I have to get that salad next time!) and I was looking through the Disney Food pictures thread the other day and saw that someone posted a picture of the Roasted Beet salad at Sunshine Seasons and instantly thought of you (like a creepy stalker) :).

Anyways, yes, all the legal transcription I do is verbatim. It's very easy, but it can be tedious. If you don't know what something is or if is a name of something that isn't spelled out, I type how it sounds and put [phonetic] after it or if I really can't hear it I put [inaudible].

Firefly is a show that was on Fox in 2002 and was cancelled after 1 season- it stars Nathan Fillion (Richard Castle currently on ABC's Castle). It's a "space western".

:rotfl: The story behind my guess ('cause, you know, I know you're dying to know :lmao:) is that I know you love beets (from when I think you ordered a roasted beet salad at WPE or somewhere? I don't know, it just stuck out at me because I love beets too and I have to get that salad next time!) and I was looking through the Disney Food pictures thread the other day and saw that someone posted a picture of the Roasted Beet salad at Sunshine Seasons and instantly thought of you (like a creepy stalker) :).

Anyways, yes, all the legal transcription I do is verbatim. It's very easy, but it can be tedious. If you don't know what something is or if is a name of something that isn't spelled out, I type how it sounds and put [phonetic] after it or if I really can't hear it I put [inaudible].

Haha, I was curious to know how you knew because you kind of guessed with "assurance." Yup, it was Wolfgang Puck Express where I had the beet salad! Both salads were very good, but I think I actually prefer the Sunshine Seasons one. But of course, that could be because I had the WPE one in Feb 2011 and the SS one in April and twice in May! So DELICIOUS!

Is the pay good for the amount of work you put into it? Are you paid per audio file? Are there deadlines?

Firefly is a show that was on Fox in 2002 and was cancelled after 1 season- it stars Nathan Fillion (Richard Castle currently on ABC's Castle). It's a "space western".

Interesting!

Weak Sauce Points​

As you can see, I have exceeded my bandwidth for the month so that my pictures won't be available on this TR until next Monday since the account was started on the 16th. Sorry guys! I never thought I'd get to the point where I would exceed bandwidth! Insane! Of course, that means I'm not going to be able to post any updates since they'll be without pictures. Until then, I'll post a few rounds during this next week!

Oh, and don't forget, round 8 is still open! Take a guess as to what Howard had twice at Sunshine Seasons! Hint in the previous post!

Now how about 2 rounds of Character Scrambler! Same as last time, please only post the answer to ONE round so that others can also get a chance to play and earn some weak sauce points. Thank you!

Directions
1. Figure out the word or words for each clue.
2. Identify the mystery letter from each clue.
3. Unscramble all the mystery letters to reveal the mystery character, which will be a character in any Disney movie!

Round 10: Character Scrambler

Clue #1 (2nd letter)
The showboat in the scene after the final drop on Splash Mountain is called the Zip-A-Dee-__ __ __ __.

Clue #2 (3rd letter of 4th word)
The tour guide in The Great Movie Ride always says to "sing along folks" because we "know the words" when the animatronics start saying, "__ __ __ __ __ __ / __ __ __ / __ __ __ __ __ __ / __ __ __ __ / __ __ __ __."

Clue #3 (1st letter)
Captain Culpepper Clyne (who can be seen in the Haunted Mansion interactive queue) was allergic to dirt, so he's pickled in __ __ __ __ __.

Clue #4 (1st letter)
Some Jungle Cruise skippers try to change up the spiel for the ride, but the majority of them always point out the __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ of water.

Clue #5 (2nd letter)
"Are the powers of Mickey's incredible __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ strong enough, and bright enough, to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey's dreams?"

And the mystery character is ... __ __ __ __ __!

Round 11: Character Scrambler

Clue #1 (2nd letter of 2nd word)
During every presentation of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, one person is chosen as "__ __ __ __ / __ __ __" and teased throughout the show!

Clue #2 (4th letter of 1st word)
The __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ / __ __ __ __ __ / __ __ __ __ __ __ __ occurs every night and includes two strings of seven barges that feature King Triton and the American flag.

Clue #3 (3rd letter)
The son in Carousel of Progress who looks through the stereoscope at the Norwegian doing the hoochie-koochie is named __ __ __ __ __.

Clue #4 (1st letter of 2nd word)
Movie theaters show their films on Bell and Howell projects. The one at the back of Muppet Vision 3D is called __ __ __ __ and __ __ __ __.

And the mystery character is ... __ __ __ __!

BTW, do you have your photobucket settings on private? This can help with the bandwidth issue (and you can also make a second account with another e-mail address :ssst: )

Round 10 Character Scrambler: Bambi
Round 11 Character Scrambler: Chum

Also, I'll take a shot in the dark for round 8: I'll say Howard had the Sushi California Roll twice!

I can't wait to hear more of the trip report once you have pictures back- sticking Photobucket!

Edited to add- Aw nuts! Looks like I am too late on Round 10 and 11!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter