Moving to Southern Indiana while 30 weeks pregnant with twins!

Momma2Mia - its a small world. I believe your son was the class president at the same time my son went to FKE.

It is a small world. Are your kids still at FKE or at Highland Hills. Glad to know there is a fellow Dis'er and Disney Lover around!

To the OP....I have not heard good things about the schools in Charlestown...especially middle and high schools.

we are currently leaning towards New Albany and Sellersburg. We will be out next week to look at housed so wish us luck. It's good to know we are moving to a disney loving area!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Just came across this thread and wanted to say hello! I am a 1995 graduate of Floyd Central (DH graduated in '96). Our entire family lives in that area and we are down there several times a year. What a small world! :goodvibes

What a small world it is! I always admire your pictures because we are OSU fans. We are now settled in our new home and are loving it so far. No complications with the pregnancy (knock on wood) and the babies will be here in 6 weeks.

Thank you everyone for all your help.

Jamie

I'm not planning on doing anything but sit back and watch everything get packed. I will not do ANYTHING to risk these babies.

Thanks again,

Jamie

Another twin mom here.....I was actually put on bed rest around my 5th month. BUT I wouldn't of had no problem moving if you stick to this and do absolutely nothing but relax. :confused3

When I was pregnant with my dd we moved and our coworkers did everything and my hubby unpacked just about everything. Not a twin pregnancy but they made it easy for me just the same.

I don't know much about the area since I live in Va but good luck my brother lives in Indiana and LOVES it. He has been there over 10 years now.

My current OB has already cleared me and I'm in contact with an OB group who is willing to take me on as a patient as soon as we get there. Renting isn't an option as dh's company is paying for the relocation and won't help with closing costs and things if we don't move directly into our next house. Staying behind also isn't an option as we don't have any family within 8 hours of where we are currently living so I will be going when he does. We have accepted that we may spend sometime in a hotel (we get up to 60 days of temporary housing) so that we may be able to move a little sooner.
How are the school districts around clarksville? Through some research I see that is where the majority of the shops and restaurants are.

Thanks for all of your input!

Jamie

Agreed Holiday World is awesome and only an hour away. Also, if you need a realtor Troy Stiller with Schuler Bauer is great. Also agree with other poster to stay away from Jeffersonville and even Clarksville as Silver Creek and Floyds Knobs are better schools.

YES Holiday World is a wonderful park tho it is more like a an hour an half from New Albany Made that drive many many times when my older DD's was little.

I'd go with Silver Creek (Sellersburg) or Henryville schools over the New Albany/Floyd County schools any day. I agree Jeffersonville an Clarksville schools should be avoided at all costs esp Jeffersonville.

Back in the day, Clarksville used to be a pretty good school - I am a graduate, and in our class of 125, we had 2 National Merit semifinalists and 1 Commended Student. Also, in our class, we had 3 people go on to medical school. But that was back in the 70's - a lifetime ago.

My parents still live there, and even they say things have changed. The demographic has shifted drastically, and the school is not what it used to be. We go back to visit, but it really is not the same.

As for realtors, my parents just sold their old house in Clarksville. They had a excellent realtor, Dave Fonesca, with Semonin Relators. I recommend him without reservations! He worked hard, had excellent suggestions, always kept in contact and responded promptly to any messages/e-mails.

Good luck!

P. S. - If you want to go someplace good to eat, we love Huber Farms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter