• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Moving" tickets and FP selections to a different MDE account?

asktriplets

DIS Veteran
Hello,

We booked a reservation at ASM for our upcoming Oct trip a few weeks ago. It was a last minute plan, and All Stars were the only options available (not our first choice). We ordered UT tickets and linked them to the reservation on MDE and booked our FP selections.

We were randomly searching online last night and stumbled across availability at our preferred resort, and my DH booked a reservation on his MDE account at that moment (so lead guests on the resort reservation, MDE "owner" names, and "booked by" names are switched up between my DH and I)...didn't want to risk taking the time to call and try to change the reservation because I didn't want to risk losing that room!! :)

My understanding was that the FP selections were linked to the tickets, NOT the hotel reservation.
My plan was to just reassign our tickets and FP selections to the new reservation on my husband's MDE account and then cancel the 1st unwanted resort reservation. Apparently, there is an issue with either the different MDE account OR the different name on the reservation, or something, because when I try to assign the ticket ID to the MDE account with the NEW resort reservation, it won't let me. It says that the tickets are assigned already and doesn't ask me if I want to transfer them.

What I DON'T want to do is have to call up and have a CM try to transfer this...Over the course of the last 10 years that we've been going to WDW, I've had TWO reservations completely CANCELED by CMs when they've guaranteed/assured/promised me that they in fact just modified reservations. I don't have a high level of confidence in the call center's abilities or knowledge of how the computer system works, and I don't want to risk losing my current FP selections.

Does anyone know if I can disconnect my ticket from one reservation on 1 MDE account WITHOUT it canceling my FP selections?
Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You can't reassign tickets as you'll lose your FPs.

What you can do is this:
- cancel your room-only reservation for ASM
- keep your tickets in your MDE account
- use the UT tickets to enter the park and at the FP lines.

Your new MagicBands linked to the booked room through your DH's MDE will be good for room access and purchases.

You can't reassign tickets as you'll lose your FPs.

What you can do is this:
- cancel your room-only reservation for ASM
- keep your tickets in your MDE account
- use the UT tickets to enter the park and at the FP lines.

Your new MagicBands linked to the booked room through your DH's MDE will be good for room access and purchases.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm concerned that if I did that (cancel the ASM reservation), I'd lose the FPs because I no longer have a resort reservation linked to them (and it's more than 30 days out). That won't happen?

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm concerned that if I did that, I'd lose the FPs because I no longer have a resort reservation linked to them (and it's more than 30 days out). That won't happen?
You won't lose them... Wait until day 29 to cancel. It's the tickets that generate the FPs. The room reservation only triggered the 60-day window to open.

If you cancel ASM after your MagicBands are shipped, you'll have that set to use to enter the parks and the FP lines.

Last edited:

Everything is linked to the "person," not to the tickets or the reservation or the band.

Are you and your husband's MDE accounts linked? Or does he have you (and the kids?) listed and completely separate people from your account? You should be able to solve this whole problem by "inviting" him to share your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter