Moving out of underage housing?

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by KCMiller, Apr 21, 2013.

  1. KCMiller

    KCMiller Has decided she does not need anonymous approval,

    May 7, 2003
    My DS will be arriving for his CP on August 12th, and will turn 21 three weeks into the program. He will of course have to be placed into underage housing, but with all the horror stories we have heard about entire underage apartments being termed for alcohol violations (first hand, from our DD who did her CP about a year ago), we are trying to find out if he can move into 21+ housing as soon as he turns 21.

    He's not planning on doing ANY drinking, but we know of at least three CP folks who were sent home because their roommates were termed for alcohol - they were assumed to have been involved, because it was in their room, and so they were termed along with the really guilty party. Which would be a really terrible way to get termed. So the sooner he can get out of that housing, the better.


    And thanks!

  2. Traveliz

    Traveliz DIS Veteran

    Aug 8, 2000
    I have read yes he can and it's a one time "free" move. Things may have changed but I imagine it's similar.

  3. Musings

    Musings Mouseketeer

    Oct 1, 2012
    I am currently on the DCP. I turned 21 about a month and a half into my program (arrived February, had my birthday March). I suppose it depends on his roommate. The thing about termination is it only matters if the roomie brings alcohol INTO the house. Otherwise, it will not cause them to be termed. My roomie is underage and I chose to stay in my wellness housing. It is a one time free move, yes, but you do not know where you will end up and it may cause more trouble than it is worth if they like their roomies.

Share This Page