Moving ITunes

korbbec

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know how to move I Tunes from one PC to another? I don't use I Tunes so I have no idea. My cousin bought a new computer and can't move her I Tunes b/c of the DMR. Thanks!!

My kids backed up the Itunes library onto an external hard drive and then uploaded to onto the new computer.

My kids backed up the Itunes library onto an external hard drive and then uploaded to onto the new computer.

Yep, this is what I did as well. Worked like a charm. Started up i-tunes and it asked if I wanted to find songs. It found them all on the external hard drive just fine.

Plus, with as expensive as songs are, having an external hard drive for backup is a good idea anyway!

Thanks guys... I'll pass it along. I wonder why she has trouble if it's that easy.:confused3:teacher:

i've never had a problem moving purchased music :confused3 i wonder if she just can't play them on the new computer? She just needs to authorize it, under "Store" there will be an option to "Authorize this Computer" and she'll have to log in with her iTunes username/password.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter