Moving a cruise date

cloud10

Earning My Ears
I booked a cruise for next summer, but am thinking of moving it to next Christmas due to work reasons. If I were to move it, what price would I pay? The current rate for the Christmas 2015 cruise, or the price of that cruise from the day I booked my original trip? How many times can I move a cruise? Is there a time limit?

I just moved my cruise. You pay whatever the cost of the new cruise. It works out well when it's less but I imagine it's difficult if it's more. You also have to pick a new room and basically start over.

You can move a cruise date as many times as you wish. If it is an OBB, you must remain within the 24 month window or lose the benefits, but you can still move the cruise date.

When you change cruise dates, you will pay the fares effective at the time you change the date. So if you originally booked on opening day, but now need/want to change the date, you'll get today's fares. As long as you haven't passed the PIF date of the original cruise, the deposit will carry forward to the new date and you'll need to pay any difference in deposit requirement (if more).

Enjoy your cruise!

It's not an OBB, but if it were, I can still retain the 10% off total fare, $100/200 OBC, and everything else?

As long as the date you move it to is within the 24-month period and is not blacked-out, an OBB would retain the benefits.

How do you get the 10% off if you change cruise dates. Should you book and then call and have them adjust it?

Do you have an OBB that you booked onboard during a prior cruise? If so, you pull up that cruise reservation online and modify the date, or you may do it by calling DCL. If you use a TA the TA will need to do it for you. An OBB discount cannot be applied to a regular booking.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter