Movies

There is a phone number in the FAQ thread that you can call to find out what movies are playing in the next few weeks onboard. :)

We called a couple of weeks ago as we will be on the Magic May 9th as well and not only will it be playing, but it will be in 3-D...Yeah!!!

Momof4girls,

Pixar's "Up" is being released on May 29th, so anyone on board the night before at midnight will get to see the "PremEAR at Sea," as well as in the days that follow.

I see in your sig that you are cruising in 20 days, so you'll miss it by a few weeks. But I'm sure there will be others on the schedule you haven't seen yet!

Have a great cruise!

Rose (degrapevine)

We called a couple of weeks ago as we will be on the Magic May 9th as well and not only will it be playing, but it will be in 3-D...Yeah!!!

I don't see posted anywhere online that this one is available anywhere in 3-D as an option so I wouldn't promise the kids about that one. It is a regular movie, not like the concert movie last year that was 3D. We saw it last Friday and honestly I can't see anything about it being 3D worthy as far as special effects. The movie was good though. Both DD and I were singing along and doing the hoe down throw down as best we could in our seats. :) The Jonas Brother's movie is 3D too and will probably still be playing.

i thought i read somewhere before that they play movies before they are released in theatres? like the soon to be released movies, Is this true? just wondering.

You're absolutely right, Rose - I was thinking it had already been released (we saw the preview at Coraline 3D back in February, but it isn't out yet).

However...

AWESOME movie list for our cruise in a couple/few weeks!

We have the Hannah Montana movie, the Hannah Montana concert in 3D, the Jonas Brothers concert in 3D, Bolt, Confessions of a Shopaholic, Bolt, AAAND the new Disneynature movie Earth!!!!! (I'm particularly jazzed about that one) :)

i thought i read somewhere before that they play movies before they are released in theatres? like the soon to be released movies, Is this true? just wondering.

It is my understanding that they release movies on the ship at 12:01 the day of release (so, midnight the night before it comes out in theaters). :)

I WISH it was early early!! But, we'll have to go see Up back at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter