• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movies you really only need to see once.

Saving Private Ryan
Platoon
Braveheart
Schindler's List
Life is Beautiful
Sophie's Choice

The Deer Hunter
Saving Private Ryan
Oceans Eleven and any movie ever made about con men and grifters
Seven Pounds
Rachel Getting Married

I love repeating movies, but there is one I will NEVER see again:

Marley & Me

It was a good movie, but WAY TOO SAD :(. I had the same breed of dog growing up & I was just devastated by her passing. That movie really hit home for me & I don't think I could put myself through that again :guilty:

I agree! It was a good movie but it was way to sad for me to watch again. :sad1:

Requiem for a Dream has got to be the most disturbing and depressing movie I have ever seen. I wanted to shoot myself after watching it.

Shawshank Redemption is another I'd add to my list.

Marley & Me

It was a good movie, but WAY TOO SAD :(. I had the same breed of dog growing up & I was just devastated by her passing. That movie really hit home for me & I don't think I could put myself through that again :guilty:

I don't know if I could get through it again either. I was sobbing into the parking lot after that movie ended.

Marley & Me

ANOTHER vote for Marley & Me...
In fact, my DD and I just finished watching it about an hour ago and I'm still crying and figured I'd distract myself by coming on Dis....and here it is talking about how sad it is! ;)
I was thinking about how I couldn't sit through it again as I watched it...

Million Dollar Baby.

I don't purposely go to any movie that will make me think or make me cry (I work in health care and I think and cry plenty already), but neither DH nor I had any idea what would happen in this movie. I will stay sad for days after I see a sad movie.:sad1:

What is Sophie's Choice?

It's a movie about a Holocaust survivor, Sophie. Through flashbacks, you see her experience in the concentration camps- very heart wrenching. The "choice" in the title that Sophie has to make is probably the most awful moment of the movie. It was hard to watch when I was childless, and impossible to watch now that I'm a mother.

For me it was 'Awakenings'. Very good movie but at the end I yelled and threw myself on DH's lap and just sobbed. I've never reacted like that to a movie, thankfully we'd rented it.

Another one was 'Breaker Morant' - an Australian film I think about the Boer War in South Africa. I've never seen people leave a movie theatre so quiet.

Or 'Gallipoli' - a very early Mel Gibson movie, when he was still in Australia.

I'm nerving myself up to see 'Passchendaele' - a Canadian movie about the WWI battle. I just know how it's going to end.

Private Ryan - really, did it have to end that way?

I also stop watching Moulin Rouge right after the big finale, I turn it off before the ultimate end of the movie.

It's a movie about a Holocaust survivor, Sophie. Through flashbacks, you see her experience in the concentration camps- very heart wrenching. The "choice" in the title that Sophie has to make is probably the most awful moment of the movie. It was hard to watch when I was childless, and impossible to watch now that I'm a mother.

I'm telling you, Miracle at St. Anna has a scene that is nearly as bad.

For me it's "just once" for most movies. The exceptions are Disney movies, comedy classics like Animal House, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter