• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movies you just HAVE to watch no matter how many times you've seen it already

Mame - but the one with Rosilind Russell
Bye Bye Birdie
Grease & admittedly Grease 2
Camille (with Greta Garbo & John Taylor - What an amazing love story)

For Me:
Sixteen Candles
Any of the Star Wars Movies
Most Disney Movies

For DH:
Animal House
Star Wars
Any War Movies

Love Actually (in fact, this just happened this afternoon--I ended up watching just the last half hour.) ;)
Inherit the Wind
It's a Wonderful Life
Harvey
The Philadelphia Story

Dirty Dancing
Father of the Bride
Father of the Bride II

Lately, Must Love Dogs and Just Like Heaven. I hate when the movie channels run movies 100 times a month ... by the second week I need new movies!

It's a Wonderful Life
Meet Me in St. Louis
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Yearling
The Greatest Show on Earth
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
The Sound of Music
My Fair Lady
Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Three Faces of Eve
Sybil
When Harry Met Sally
The Outsiders
Dirty Dancing
Practical Magic
ANY Disney movie

geez...I watch A LOT of tv I guess...I just love the old movies...I grew up watching them. I'm now sharing them with my 8 year old step daughter. She LOVES the Sound of Music. It's her current favorite. I just introduced her to ORIGINAL Parent Trap with Haley Mills. She kept saying "Look, they COPIED the FIRST one *the Lindsay Lohan version* but with older girls and blond hair!" She was quite indignant about it, but she loved it, and Pollyanna.

My Cousin Vinny
Little Miss Sunshine
Mary Poppins
Pollyanna
Cinderella
A League Of Their Own
Titanic
The Princess Diaries

POTC (It was a rainy day here today and DD and I watched it again)
Wedding Crashers
Sweet Home Alabama
10 Things I Hate About You

Office Space
Swingers
Overboard
The Saint
Out of Sight
Bring It On

Funny thing is, I own all of these on DVD and I'll still sit and watch them on regular TV when they come on AND I wont get things done because I'll want to 'watch the end' like I don't know what happens.

Sixteen Candles
Breakfast Club
Office Space
Any National Lampoons Vacation Movie
Any American Pie Movie

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread...what is it with movies on TV that is so appealing? I agree though! I own, and rarely watch, all of the above DVD's (except Office Space...I need to get myself that one!) but if they are on TV, I become useless for two hours!

The Jerk
RV
The Birdcage
National Lampoon's Vacation
Finding Nemo
Summer Rental

A League of Their Own (Just watched it actually)
You've Got Mail
Stephen King's IT
Miss Congeniality
Remember the Titans
One Fine Day

Pirates of the Caribbean Series
Harry Potter Series
Star Wars Series
Me, Myself, and Irene
Tommy Boy
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective/ When Nature Calls
Anastasia

Many more:)

POTC 1 & 2
The Breakfast Club
About Last Night...
St. Elmo's Fire
Tombstone
Munich
Anchorman

When At World's End came out and all of the movie channels were showing Dead Man's Chest non-stop, I must've sat through it half a dozen times. It's completely irrelevant that I bought it at the Emporium in the MK the day it was released on DVD and had watched it probably 10 times since then; it was on TV, so it was like a little unexpected treat. Same thing the summer before when CotBP was on constantly.

This is a ridiculous one but every freaking time it's on: The Great Escape.

That dang movie will come on at 11.30pm, just as Im crawling into bed, and Ill be darned if Im not up until 3, 4 am...watching it. :sad2:

Then I was flipping through our 'OnDemand' this past weekend....and there it was! So what did I do? I spent a Saturday afternoon, watching Steve McQueen throw that ball against the wall.... :laughing:

One of my FAVES EVER! Steve McQueen and James Garner were amazingly good looking then huh? :)

I love Mr. Roberts. What an all time classic movie.
"It is I, Ensign Pulver and I just threw your stinkin' palm tree overboard! Now what's all this bull about no movie?":thumbsup2

And for some bizarre unknown reason, I love the new version of The Parent Trap. I think I've watched it more then my DD.:confused3

Oh yeah, and Trading Places with Dan Akroyd (sp?) and Eddie Murphy. I work in the commodities futures industry and spent many years in the building with that trading floor in the final scenes. Miss that building. The guys I work with can quote that movie line by line.

Lace I & I(Would love to see this on dvd someday)
Grease I & II
Something to talk about
Pretty woman
The sound of music
ANY Disney movie
Star Wars series
Harry Potter series
Lord of the Rings series

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter