Movies where the end suprized you

Why didn't you like the ending???
Because he dies, then comes back to life - why? It's a beautiful story, but the irony in him going through all of that then paying with his life was brilliant. Instead the camera zooms out as she starts to break down, then zooms back in - JUST KIDDING! Still alive. Ugh. Just ruined it for me. It would be like Jack drowning in Titanic then floating back to the surface and climbing on top of the door with her.

REALLY bad movie, I really don't recommend it, but has anyone seen "Dr. T and the Women"? Now there is an ending I did not see coming!

Edit to add the spoiler because I just remembered how truly bonkers it was. Unless you are a HUGE Richard Geere fan and really need to see the movie, go ahead and click on the spoiler. You are really not going to believe it.
Dr T is a Richard Geere movie where he plays an attractive OB/GYN. All the women fawn over him and the movie starts with him walking through his office with all these women talking at once trying to get his attention - personally I was already out at this scene, but I saw it on a moving bus so I couldn't walk out. There's a triangle love story naturally. Farah Fawcett ends up going crazy and stripping naked in a fountain. Yeah, I know, you don't believe me - this movie is nuts in a bad way. It gets worse.
Crazy things happen, the movie seems to never end, but finally does. But wait! There's a tornado. Richard Geere's convertible gets picked up and flung into a desolate village in Mexico, where he discovers a woman giving birth in an adobe hut. This is not a movies special effects thing, SHE REALLY IS GIVING BIRTH! They show WAY too much - the end.

Last edited:
Totally disagree. It was a really great movie with a great ending. Do not get at all what anyone meant by bad ending. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman had the best chemistry, they were magic on screen. Loved it.
This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I saw no chemistry between them. I mean it might have been there, but I was completely distracted by the worst Irish accents I have ever heard.

A few years ago I was at a nail salon and they were playing this with just the closed captions and I was still cringing at the accents.😂

When Apollo 13 came out my wife and I went with friends to go see it. We are about 1/2 way through the movie when my wife grabs my arm and says, "do they make it?"
Me: Huh? You mean, you really don't know?
Wife: NO! Tell ME!
Me: Oh HECK NO! This makes the movie so much better for you.

Still one of the funniest things ever.

That reminds me of a story I read about when the musical "1776" debuted on Broadway in 1969. "1776" is about the creation of the Declaration of Independence and involves several debate scenes in the Continental Congress showing the political divide between those who favored independence and those who opposed it.

According to the theatrical anecdote, towards the end of one performance as the audience sat watching the tense final scenes where things look pretty bleak for the cause of liberty, one audience member leaned over to her companion and nervously whispered, "Do you think they'll sign it?"

And in answer to the question, I'll say the ending of the movie "Yesterday" surprised me.

I fully expected the main character to "wake up" back in his own world where everybody knew the Beatles and we find out it was a dream. Instead, he stays where he is, nobody else ever knows who the Beatles were except for a few other people, and we never find out exactly what happened and why the Beatles disappeared from the world.

That reminds me of a story I read about when the musical "1776" debuted on Broadway in 1969. "1776" is about the creation of the Declaration of Independence and involves several debate scenes in the Continental Congress showing the political divide between those who favored independence and those who opposed it.

According to the theatrical anecdote, towards the end of one performance as the audience sat watching the tense final scenes where things look pretty bleak for the cause of liberty, one audience member leaned over to her companion and nervously whispered, "Do you think they'll sign it?"

And in answer to the question, I'll say the ending of the movie "Yesterday" surprised me.

I fully expected the main character to "wake up" back in his own world where everybody knew the Beatles and we find out it was a dream. Instead, he stays where he is, nobody else ever knows who the Beatles were except for a few other people, and we never find out exactly what happened and why the Beatles disappeared from the world.
Yeah, that one is on HBO Go and I was really looking forward to seeing it. I did not like the ending though.

Name it. A few other movies have already been spoiled in this thread. ;) This is an important issue, considering the times we are in today, and that this issue came up even then, at the creation of the Declaration of Independence. Lincoln wasn the first or the only president to want to abolish slavery. Some of our original forefathers wanted it too.

Those who opposed the resolution on independency were the deep southern states where slavery was a way of life. Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and a few other of our other forefathers, the majority being from the North, had a passage written into the Declaration of Independence that truly ALL men are created equal: including black slaves.

If that passage wasn't taken out of the Declaration, the South would forever bury the idea and resolution of independency. It could never be brought up or voted upon in Congress again, as it had already been decided that a break from their mother country, England, was one that required a unanimous vote of all the 13 colonies.

The debate of that passage was such a strong issue, it takes up most of the second act and there are a couple songs on it. One being why slavery was so important to the way of life and economy of the South.

1776 is not only a great, live Broadway musical, it is a great movie too. It's one of my favorite musicals. I watch it every July 4th.

Amazon has it for rental. (With or without Prime membership.)
https://www.amazon.com/1776-Directors-Cut-William-Daniels/dp/B001TDS2SY/

Last edited:
That's true, it's an awesome movie, one of my faves! :) And yes, the Southern states objected to the slavery passage and eventually forced Jefferson to remove it.

This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I saw no chemistry between them. I mean it might have been there, but I was completely distracted by the worst Irish accents I have ever heard.

A few years ago I was at a nail salon and they were playing this with just the closed captions and I was still cringing at the accents.😂

Are you from Ireland, was wondering your expertise on Irish accents. The accents may have been off or not, I enjoyed the movie, it was fun to watch it, and enjoyed their back and forth. The love chemistry felt very real, maybe bc they were in love in real life. But come on worst movie :laughing::lmao:LMAO I guess there is no accounting for taste in the nail salon LOL. :crazy:

Last edited:
Because he dies, then comes back to life - why? It's a beautiful story, but the irony in him going through all of that then paying with his life was brilliant. Instead the camera zooms out as she starts to break down, then zooms back in - JUST KIDDING! Still alive. Ugh. Just ruined it for me. It would be like Jack drowning in Titanic then floating back to the surface and climbing on top of the door with her.

Uh no, routing for that, oh gosh no. I guess I sometimes want movies like this to get away from the horrors of the world, and endings with hope instead of what often is the reality. Think we can use more like that.

Last edited:
Are you from Ireland, was wondering your expertise on Irish accents. The accents may have been off or not, I enjoyed the movie, it was fun to watch it, and enjoyed their back and forth. The love chemistry felt very real, maybe bc they were in love in real life. But come on worst movie :laughing::lmao:LMAO I guess there is no accounting for taste in the nail salon LOL. :crazy:
I'm not from Ireland, but my grandparents were. Their accents were panned across the board. I won't speculate if the they were in love. My guess is she was, him who knows.

Uh no, routing for that, oh gosh no. I guess I sometimes want movies like this to get away from the horrors of the world, and endings with hope instead of what often is the reality. Think we can use more like that.
Actually the way Titanic was told would have been the perfect fix for Far and Away. If the story had been told from her perspective, looking back on it, maybe revealing she was pregnant at the time and she was telling her kid about his/her Dad - fixed. American Beauty comes to mind - you know from the first scene he's going to die, but as the story unfolds you hope he doesn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter