Movies or Pop

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
My mom and I are going for just a few nights in November. We will not spend much time in the resort and want to spend as little money as possible. Neither of us have ever stayed in a value resort before and we are very excited. Not sure whether to try to pop century or all star movies. Thoughts?

My mom and I have done several long weekends at Pop and have loved it there! We always try to get a room facing the lake. Plus you can walk over and check out AoA if you've never seen it. It's really fun!

Plus, sometimes the All Stars share busses and pop had its own.

I have never stayed at movies, but did stay at music and it was fine, but I'd pick pop every time!

Whatever you pick, have a great time!

We've stayed at both resorts but at least for our family we prefer All Star Movies. It's smaller so no matter where your room is you'll be close to the main building. As well we found at all star movies we only shared a bus once with the other resorts. We love the theming as well as the food court and gift shop.

We've stayed at both and, honestly, I don't think there's a huge difference. It's more personal taste as far as theming and size.

One thing you might want to check into--I believe the All Star Sports will still have their food court under rehab during that time. They will be busing guests to the other All Star resorts to use their food courts instead. Might just make for more crowds, more congestion, etc. Even if you're not using the food courts, there may be more people on the buses, in the lobby, etc.

we have been to both and we liked All Star Movies best..plus the food court was way better...

we like to ask for a preferred room also...right up front :goodvibes

Here are my thoughts:

The All Stars are very similar to each other except w/ different theming. I like them all!
Pop has a better food court (love the grilled flatbreads) and a lovely walk around the lake--but it also has 1,000 more rooms. I find the chaos and noise at the food court overwhelming at times and I dislike "having" to walk through the gift shop to get to the food court.
I've stayed at each value multiple times (except AoA where once was enough). ASMusic is my favorite for theming and it seems a bit more quiet than the others.
Bus service at WDW can be ANYTHING at ANY TIME for ANY resort. I think the bus sharing at All Stars is WAY overstated. I stay at the AS at least 2-3 times per year and I would guess that we share buses 25% of the time or less. Even when we do, I see no difference in that and a moderate with multiple stops within the resort.
The pools are all basically the same--one main pool and 1-2 smaller "quiet" pools. None have slides or deep ends.

Stayed at Pop in March and have stayed at Movies twice. LOVED Pop. We requested a room facing the lake and watched the fireworks from our door every night. The food court was good. We used the AoA buses a couple times coming back from the parks.

Movies is nice but it is older. Pop felt very fresh and clean.

I'm SO glad you posted this, OP, because I was wondering the exact same myself last night. We just came back from POP in June, and although we loved it, I had been wanting to check out ASM also. We have stayed at AS Sports before, which we also liked, but since they are renovating the food court area, I thought I would try out Movies. It's only about $10 cheaper a night for us than POP, so I'm still undecided. :)

I'd go with Pop especially since they have their own buses! Great food court too! I do like the theming of Movies better though.

I personally would choose POP (if it wasn't for AoA I would have stayed at POP this coming January!) although the theming of Movies is more appealing to me than Music or Sports. I feel like more of the tour groups stay All-Star than at POP, if that's a concern for you.

I have stayed at both and really don't see much difference although given the choice, I would stay Pop. The rooms just seem slightly bigger and more updated at pop. The food court also seemed better at Pop if I remember correctly although it has been several years since I have stayed at either. Whichever you choose, have a great trip!

We have stayed at both. I really liked Pop better. It seemed less crowded. I liked the food options better and Pop doesn't share buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter