Movies or other value?

MaggieBailey

Mouseketeer
I changed my mind again (after MIL decided that a moderate was "so expensive!") to with a value. We have only done moderates (POFQ <3!) and if it was available for our window, with the military rack rate there is no denying I would just go with that one... But alas, it won't work. So, I have us booked at ASMovies, we are going to be there 9 nights.... They only had preferred rooms, (only adding about $150 to the price) any opinions on if I should stay there or switch again? The other values have standard rooms in the military block still... But I read Movies is nicer/newer than the others. We are 4 adults, and 2 "children" 17 & 14. Thanks in advance!! :goodvibes

AllStar Movies is the "newest" of the All Star resorts, however it is not the newest value resort. POP Century and the Art of Animation are both newer; ASMo opened in 1999, POP in 2003 and AoA this year. I don't know when ASMo was last refurbed; that could be more recent than the other AS resorts. I agree that of the 3 All Star resorts, Movies has the better food court, though you may utilize any of the food courts regardless of where you sleep. We prefer POP as a value, though haven't had a chance to experience AoA yet; the AS resorts weren't bad, we just prefer the theming at POP I guess.

Enjoy your vacation!

All Star Movies was refurbished last year with the addition of a "cooler" (mini fridge) this year. ASMo is the smallest value resort so there is less walking to and from the food courts and buses. You can use the food courts and pools for the other All star resorts (Sports & Music) it is just a short walk through the parking lots to get there. At peak times you will have your own buses. Off peak times you will share with the other all stars with movies being the last to pick up/drop off. Pop has their own buses and doesn't share with any other resort, but it is also a BIG resort and I have had to wait for up to 3 buses to accomodate the people in line. Be aware that the values have double beds and I believe POFQ has queen beds.

POFQ and POR do have queen beds. That value is going to be quite a tight space for your family. Remember, your resort room is mainly for sleeping and getting ready.

Have a great trip. I stayed in Movies already, and it was a good resort, and well-themed.

All Star Movies was refurbished last year with the addition of a "cooler" (mini fridge) this year.

All of the values now have the mini-fridge available. I have also heard that it's more of a "cooler" than a true fridge and if you need cold (like for medications) you should request a regular one.

lanejudy said:
All of the values now have the mini-fridge available. I have also heard that it's more of a "cooler" than a true fridge and if you need cold (like for medications) you should request a regular one.

The fridge we had a pop last month were great for keeping our milk and waters nice and cold. I have a feeling people tend to overload them with room temp bottles and the fridge can't keep up.

I'm not sure what your suggesting people request, the fridge in pop was the same type as the fridge we had at CBR.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

We've stayed at all the values except AoA. My personal favorite is Music. We had a preferred room overlooking the main pool and wouldn't have had it any other way. It was colorful, vibrant, and fun. We had no issues with buses, and the food court was perfect for us.

We stayed at Movie once. The resort was very nice but we did not have a preferred room so it was quite a haul to the food court and buses. Good luck with your decision.

i recently stayed at movies in a preferred room from 8/31-9/3 & really enjoyed my stay. there were 2 adults and one 30 month old (she's the size of a 4 year old).

the mini-fridge kept milk, water, beer & yogurt very cold. i had a 6 pack of beer, quart of milk, 2 pints of milk, 2 large waters and 3 yogurts all stored at one time. i even had room for 2 thermos cups as well.

i didn't have high expectations as it was my first time at a value resort and i thought it was awesome. we literally slept & showered and for $66 a night (AP rate), i really felt like i got a super great value. the room was very clean, it was cleaned every day and the grounds were well maintained and again, clean. :) the toy story theming was really fun & my daughter could not get enough.

the food court was a short walk away and the one late night meal we had at the food court, i did not enjoy. that was the only downfall.

we did not take the buses as we had our own car and had free parking because we stayed at the resort.

on departure day, as i was driving home, i realized i left my daughters entire dvd collection in the entertainment center. the movies staff was amazing that despite it being a holiday and housekeeping was already closed, they tracked down my dvd's and shipped it ups. i received it 2 days later.

also, i did online check in & they had me originally in a fantasia room. however, with ease, they changed me to a room in the toy story section. i thought the staff was top notch & extremely accommodating.

we will be staying at AOA LM on our next two (oct & nov) visits and in december, i think we will be returning to movies. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter