• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movies on the Wonder

devalsam

Mouseketeer
How long do movies generally show on the Wonder in the theater? We will be going on a 3 night cruise a few weeks after HSM3 comes out in theaters. Do you think it will still be playing?? I think it would be a lot more fun to see it on the cruise then just a regular old movie theater. TIA!

It will still be playing I'm sure. For our cruise (Sept), they are playing Enchanted, Wal-E, National Treasure 2, etc and some of them are already out on DVD...lol.

That is great to hear!! The girls will be so excited :goodvibes

How far in advance can I find out what's playing on board? And where do I find out??

Someone on my meeting thread said "I called Disney and here are the movies for our sept 11 cruise" :confused3

So I guess you can call them directly and ask?

Ooops I found the info on making the call....

What movies will be playing on our voyage? You can call 888-325-2500, choose the reservations option, then ask what movies will be showing the week you cruise.

What's nice is that most movies onboard show more than once during the cruise, even on the 3-night. Be sure to pick up a movie schedule at Guest Services or look for it in the info you'll receive with your Navigator in your cabin once you're in. FWIW, we picked one up at Guest Services right after boarding along with a Navigator so we could start planning our day while enjoying lunch and waiting for time to get to the cabin. We were able to figure out what movies we wanted to see and when they would be playing.

We'd been on the Magic twice and never got to see a movie, but on our 3-night on the Wonder, we saw several :)

And don't forget that there are also movies showing on the t.v. in your cabin, so check the schedule for it, too -- we found that it was a great way for the kids to get some rest by watching a favorite movie or seeing a new-to-them one while we enjoyed the verandah.

A question - they don't release them EARLY right?

Someone on my meeting thread said that "South of the Border" is playing on our cruise. When I googled that movie name - it came up as "Hollywood Chihuahuas" which is not scheduled to be release until the end of Sept, early Oct. But our cruise is Sept 11. :confused3

My girls would LOVE to see that movie on the ship. But I don't think it's going to happen.

Nope, no early releases, but they will sometimes play a new movie at 12:01 on release day -- so if you opt to stay up!!!!

National Treasure 2 played at 12:01 am on our cruise last December! It was so fun to see it on the ship!

A question - they don't release them EARLY right?

Someone on my meeting thread said that "South of the Border" is playing on our cruise. When I googled that movie name - it came up as "Hollywood Chihuahuas" which is not scheduled to be release until the end of Sept, early Oct. But our cruise is Sept 11. :confused3

My girls would LOVE to see that movie on the ship. But I don't think it's going to happen.

lol I think it's called Beverly Hills Chihuahua. We saw the preview when we went to see the Mummy 3. My kids can't wait to see that one. I think it comes out on 10/3. South of the Border must be another movie. We have seen Enchanted. Have no desire to see Wall E and we saw NT2 on the Magic in May. I hope they have something else by 9/7. Oh well, I'm sure we will find something else to do if they don't. ;)

lol I think it's called Beverly Hills Chihuahua. We saw the preview when we went to see the Mummy 3. My kids can't wait to see that one. I think it comes out on 10/3. South of the Border must be another movie. We have seen Enchanted. Have no desire to see Wall E and we saw NT2 on the Magic in May. I hope they have something else by 9/7. Oh well, I'm sure we will find something else to do if they don't. ;)

HAHAHAHAHA that's it! Beverly Hills Chihuahua!

When I google "South of the Border" and "Disney" together, it comes up with Beverly Hills Chihuahua and that "South of the Border" is the "working title" :confused3

Oh well, no dog movie for the kids. ;)

HAHAHAHAHA that's it! Beverly Hills Chihuahua!

When I google "South of the Border" and "Disney" together, it comes up with Beverly Hills Chihuahua and that "South of the Border" is the "working title" :confused3

Oh well, no dog movie for the kids. ;)

Hmmm that would be fantastic if it is playing! I should call and see what's playing for 9/7. My kids would be so happy. :thumbsup2 It does look cute and funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter