• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movies missing from the parks

Lady and the Tramp get a topiary during the Flower and Garden Festival. It can be found in the Italy Pavillion.

Bambi was indeed in the butterly garden last year during the Flower and Garden Festival.

I would like to see some of the Meet the Robinsons characters or Robin Hood.

The Robin Hood absence always has bugged me, since it was/is one of my all-time favorites.

Also bothersome is the lack of attention for Eliot and the good folks of Passamaquoddy. I know he's in the light parade, but really - no other dragon love?

I've seen Cruella deVille from 101 Dalmations in the park a few years ago. She was walking along the turnstiles at the Magic Kingdom before the park opened.

Also bothersome is the lack of attention for Eliot and the good folks of Passamaquoddy. I know he's in the light parade, but really - no other dragon love?

Good point. I tend to forget about Elliot since that was one of the weird live action / animated crossovers.

If you want to talk live action movies, there isn't room enough to include everything.

Is Up anywhere in the parks?

They use part of "Go the Distance" in Wishes. If you start at 2:40, there is almost a full minute of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMxgILR8n6Y

Ahh! My Wishes viewing has been limited. My kids didn't care much for fireworks on the first trip, so we left as the show was going off. On the last trip they didn't want to see them either so we rode the Astro Orbiter while they were on. We saw the finale from the Orbiter. Pretty cool.

This trip we're going to do a Poly beach viewing or from the Contemporary viewing deck. Far enough away that the fireworks noise doesn't make the kids scream but close enough to see it and still hear the music through the speakers.:thumbsup2

Some Robin Hood characters used to meet in the parks. I have some old footage of me meeting Prince John 15 years ago.

I have photos of me meeting Robin Hood, Prince John and Friar Tuck WAY BACK in 1976. Don't know if they are still around or not.

I've seen Cruella deVille from 101 Dalmations in the park a few years ago. She was walking along the turnstiles at the Magic Kingdom before the park opened.

I saw her at California Adventure a few years ago. We got one of our best character pictures ever where she frowned comically right at the instant the photo was taken, while my girls smiled. Very cute photo.

I second the call for Elliot. Its one of my favourite film. Thanks for the heads up about the light parade!

If you look on Prince Ali's float during the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade, there are two small statuettes of Bianca and Bernard from The Rescuers.

Years ago (like 35+ years ago), Bernard, Bianca, and Orville the albatross were among the characters you might run into at the Magic Kingdom (this was also long before formal "meet & greets" when characters roamed free).

Two of my favorites are the classic "Jungle Book" and the newer "Wall-E." Both would seem to be great fits at MK (Adventureland and Tomorrowland) but both are sadly forgotten. Jungle Book has some of the best music of any Disney production, IMHO, and Wall-E has the most heart.

Instead we get that dumb awful Stitch everywhere. What gives?

I agree. :thumbsup2
One, a classic
The other, with a modern day message

I wish that The Rescuers were represented in the parks. Just goes to reinforce my theory that Animal Kingdom needs an Australia section with Nemo and Rescuers down Under emphases. :thumbsup2

Rescuers is one of my favorites and always seems to get overlooked. I'm always secretly hoping that Madame Medusa will show up during a Villains Bash or MNSSHP, she is so obnoxious and I just LOVE her!

Two of my favorites are the classic "Jungle Book" and the newer "Wall-E." Both would seem to be great fits at MK (Adventureland and Tomorrowland) but both are sadly forgotten. Jungle Book has some of the best music of any Disney production, IMHO, and Wall-E has the most heart.

Instead we get that dumb awful Stitch everywhere. What gives?

I LOVED Wall-e too! It is my favorite Pixar movie! Always hoping they will do something with him as well!

Sword and the Stone never seems to get much love either, I guess I don't count the characters on a card for Sorc of MK... Oliver & Company, Hercules & Great Mouse Detective seem to be missing out on the fun too... Maybe Mickey can't handle all the mice competition from the Rescuers & Basil? :confused3 :rotfl:

Good point. I tend to forget about Elliot since that was one of the weird live action / animated crossovers.

If you want to talk live action movies, there isn't room enough to include everything.

Is Up anywhere in the parks?

You can meet Russel and Dug at AK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter