• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movies by the pools

NORWEGIAN

Earning My Ears
Someone recently told me that the Disney ships have movies by the pools like some of the newer Princess ships. Can anyone tell me if this is correct and are they first run movies.
:banana:

Welcome to the DIS and the DCL forums. The Magic has a jumbo screen and the Wonder will most likely get one in drydock in October. I know they have shown Pirates of the Caribbean on Pirates night. Not sure what other movies have been shown.

On our recent Western cruise, the Magic showed the following movies:

Around the World in 80 Days
Mary Poppins
Finding Nemo
Honey I Shrunk the Kids
Miracle
Cinderella
Parent Trap
Swiss Family Robinson
Pirates of the Caribbean (on Pirate Night)
The Incredibles
Mighty Ducks
The Little Mermaid
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

They usually had a movie at 2:00 in the afternoon and then another one at 10:00 at night. For Pirate Night, the movie started at 11:00. They also used the screen to supplement the various deck parties.

I have to say this was the most underutilized area on the ship once the sun went down. Last year we sat there every night with some island music and a cooler of beer and played cards.......no one was around! I am glad that DCL finally figured that out. Hmmmmmm. We will have to find a new party place this year! :smokin:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter