Movie Review - Mummy III

des1954

DIS Veteran
We went to see The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor yesterday. I was very disappointed in it. The special effects were about the same as the first two - only had less of an impact on me. The story line was lame, at best. The interaction between the actors was terrible. The actress playing Evie was horrible - she wasn't even close to capturing Evie's personality.

My DH says I'm too critical, and maybe he's right. There was one guy sitting behind us that at the end of the movie said out loud..."That's the best one, ever!" I wanted to ask him if he even saw 1 & 2!!! It left me as flat emotionally as the latest "Raider" movie. My recommendation? Wait until it comes out on DVD.

I agree, it's definitely a "Rent It" movie. The special effects are pretty good but you really do miss Rachel Weisz as Evie. The guy who played their son was way to old for the part. But to its credit Jet Li did a pretty good job as the bad guy.

I am not a mummy fan, not seen them. Sounds from an outsider like numbness in writing, directing, acting???;)

I still want to see it - I loved the other two

Trust me, Al. You won't love this one. And I agree with Poohbearwithme - the actor playing the "grown up" son is too old - and - not enough time has passed since Mummy II for Alex to be that old.

In a vague way it reminded me of "Spy Kids 3D" or "The Incredibles". Mom & Dad vowing to each other to "stay out of the business", gov't pleading for their help, mom & dad not able to resist the urge...blah, blah, blah.

I did like Uncle Jonathan's club name, however! That's the only character that shined in the film!

This movie gets "two thumb's down" from me.

Movies lately suck, I think they rely on special effects and not on storyline and acting anymore to make the movie.

I still want to see it - I loved the other two

I loved the other two also, and I guess nobody would have talked me out of seeing Mummy III either. But do yourself a favor and see it during matinee times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter