• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Moved from TPA&S: Bonnet Creek?

moepanz

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any thoughts or belong there? My friend just bought there and I would like a DIS point of view. Any thoughts opinons would be helpful.

Thanks!

I took a drive to it once, parked, went in, did not like the 'atmosphere', left, have not been back.

we stayed there in '05 my Grandparents are owners of Fairfield but not bonnet creek. All and all we really love fairfeild it's deeded property and you can stay SO SO SO SO many places.... but really i would never buy into it just to go to disney... may as well buy DVC to get more benifits of Disney! :) Now if you are likely to stay other places around the US and want FF then go for it!

We own at Bonnet Creek and love it. The transportation to the parks could be a bit better (we never rent a car), but other than that, the place is great. The units are large and the atmosphere is peaceful. However, it doesn't have a Disney feel at all to it, so you definitely notice that you are not staying onsite. But you can see Disney properties/landmarks, so you know that you're close! The resort is not fully completed and other resorts are scheduled to be built on the property as well as restaurants and a spa. I think once everything is done it will be wonderful. I'm looking forward to it!

We just got back from a week at Bonnet Creek 2br. Our second stay. We also have done Wyndham's Cypress Palms and Star Island.

I'd say if you have your own transportation--it is a great place. The 2br is plenty of big--we have DS 13, DD 11, DS 8, and DS 3 mos. We got one on the 1st floor. I think some on higher floors can see some of the fireworks. It really feels as if you are on Disney property. If just doing Disney parks--you wont leave Disney property.

We stayed for Christmas at Saratoga Springs 1 br and where we all fit--it was nice to have the extra space--especially the extra dining room and living room space. I am sure the Bonnet Creek resort is much cheaper than SSR.

Gerry

We own through Wyndham (but not at Bonnet Creek) and used our points to stay at Bonnet Creek last October and really enjoyed it. I don't know that I'd ever buy at Bonnet Creek, but we were very pleased with the room. We were on the top floor of the newest 15-story tower. We could look off our balcony and see MGM and AK off in the distance. At night we could watch the progress of the Osborne Lights being set up and tested. From the hallway, we could see Wishes and Illuminations and the MNSSHP fireworks. The location was great and we'd definitely go back there again. We've also stayed at Cypress Palms a little further away and were similarly pleased. We don't exclusively do Disney when we're in Orlando, so we always have a car and don't mind the driving and parking. Wyndham's service isn't always the best, but it's hard to beat the spaciousness and comfort of their rooms for the price.

This is a better fit on the Orlando Area Resorts board and that's where I'm going to move this one -- better fit there than Theme Parks.

Thanks!

Knox

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter