Move That Hat! Move The Sorcerer's Hat from view of the chinese theater

MICKEYhidden

Move That Hat!
Bring back the original view and feel of Hollywood, this hat is in the way of this beautiful view...

Join my facebook page and support my cause!

w ww.facebook.com/pages/Move-The-Sorcerers-Hat-at-Hollywood-Studios-Bring-Back-Original-View

:wizard:

Hmmmmm.....I MAY be in the minority here, but I totally love the hat. I am all for keeping the hat there!

Hmmmmm.....I MAY be in the minority here, but I totally love the hat. I am all for keeping the hat there!

I feel the same way, I love that hat there too.. like you said, we're probably in the minority but everybody's entitled to their own opinion right??:hippie:

I feel the same way, I love that hat there too.. like you said, we're probably in the minority but everybody's entitled to their own opinion right??:hippie:

Lol I came on here to say I think I'm the only one that likes the hat just fine... well at least we have a small support group,

I actually love the hat in its current location too! It's also my favorite picture spot in WDW.

So I guess for now, the minority is the majority. :thumbsup2

I don't think they are allowed to, legally speaking. Didn't their contract with MGM dissolve and that was the reason for the icon change and the name change of the park? Or am I mis-remembering it or participating in hearsay?

I don't mind the hat, but I also wouldn't mind if they moved it to a different spot. So I guess you can count me in on either side - keep it where it is, or move it someplace else.

I don't think they are allowed to, legally speaking. Didn't their contract with MGM dissolve and that was the reason for the icon change and the name change of the park? Or am I mis-remembering it or participating in hearsay?

I'm pretty sure you're right...I think the hat is going to be there to stay. Besides, I think the hat is a better icon for the park than the Earful Tower was. It brings some Disney into a park that is decidedly less Disney-ful.

I've only been going to WDW for the past 7 or 8 years, so I've never really seen it without the hat, except in pictures. So it looks completely fine to me. Of course, having said that, the first time I saw Spaceship Earth, it had a giant Mickey hand with a wand attached to it and I do like it better without it, so who knows? :goodvibes

I like the hat, but I would vote to move it to some other spot. I remember coming into the park with an amazing view of TGMR.

Just had to even out the numbers. Not a Big fan of the hat. I miss the hidden mickey on the map.

I've only been going to WDW for the past 7 or 8 years, so I've never really seen it without the hat, except in pictures. So it looks completely fine to me. Of course, having said that, the first time I saw Spaceship Earth, it had a giant Mickey hand with a wand attached to it and I do like it better without it, so who knows? :goodvibes

I have the exact same experience, and when the wand was there I loved it and the first year without it I missed it but now I think I prefer SE wandless.

I have grown to love the hat. The first time I saw it I was a little mad that they were trying to replaced the Earful tower icon of the park. Now it would not be a Disney trip without a family photo looking dwon the street with the hat in the background.

It is especially awesome at night when it is all lit up.

The hat and the Tower of Terror Hotel are now the two images I think of first when thinking about the Studios.

Never really considered the impact on the front of TGMR. The theater building looks great close-up but didn't really have a lot of impact when you first entered the park. Its not really big enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter