• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Move over tour of Italy, there's a new sheriff in town.

Cannot_Wait_4Disney

The Colombo of Cippolini.
Red Lobster.
Create your own coronary.
2,710 calories, and four days’ worth of sodium (6,530 milligrams), if you choose the Parrot Isle Jumbo Coconut Shrimp, Walt’s Favorite Shrimp, and Shrimp Linguine Alfredo to go with the Caesar salad, French fries, and one Cheddar Bay Biscuit

Would you like to throw in another 900 calories with a Lobsterita with that Sir?

By the way that is equal to 8 pieces of original recipe KFC plus 4 sides of mashed and gravy, 4 corns (I think a corn at KFC is just half a cob) and 8 pads of butter.

Louisiana Chicken Pasta from The Cheesecake Factory is "has 2,370 calories (more than a day’s worth), 80 grams of saturated fat (a four-day supply), and 2,370 mg of sodium. It’s the equivalent of two orders of Fettuccine Alfredo plus two breadsticks at Olive Garden."

Olive Garden. you better step up your game. Tour of Italy has been left in the dust.

Sonic does get dishonorable mention for packing big bad for you calories in a small package.

"A large Pineapple Upside Down Master Blast from Sonic is a 32-ounce cup filled with vanilla ice cream, pineapple, and “salted caramel & pie crust pieces” and topped with several inches of whipped cream. It has 2,020 calories, 61 grams of saturated fat (three days’ worth), 4½ grams of trans fat (over two days’ worth), and about 29 teaspoons of added sugar. It has the calories of roughly four Dairy Queen Banana Splits."

Steak N Shake, you thought you had it with your 7 patty hamburger. But you're not even close.
"The burger’s seven beef patties and seven slices of cheese, plus a side of fries, totals 1,570 calories and more than two days’ worth of saturated fat. With a 960-calorie Chocolate Fudge Brownie Milkshake, the grand total comes to 2,530 calories, 68 grams of saturated fat, more than 5,000 mg of sodium, and 26 teaspoons of added sugar. It’s like sitting down to four 9-ounce Outback Steakhouse sirloin steaks, each topped with two half-cup scoops of Breyers Chocolate Ice Cream."

http://www.cspinet.org/new/201506031.html

Is that 1st one (Red Lobster) served as one dish ?

In fact are any of them ?

Why would someone eat 7 burgers and then a sundae ? Do people really do that at Steak and Shake ?

No wonder North Americans think portions are small here !!

Just because I'm picking myself up off the floor here - What is/was the Tour of Italy please someone ?

Just because I'm picking myself up off the floor here - What is/was the Tour of Italy please someone ?

The tour of italy is a dinner offered at Olive Garden. It consists of a piece of chicken parmesan, fettucine alfredo, and a piece of meat/cheese lasagna. It's actually one of my favorite dishes to get at OG because I am indecisive, so I get to have a little bit of everything. Of course I take half of it home for the next day because it is a LOT of food.

Is that 1st one (Red Lobster) served as one dish ?

In fact are any of them ?

Why would someone eat 7 burgers and then a sundae ? Do people really do that at Steak and Shake ?

No wonder North Americans think portions are small here !!

The first one is but you CHOOSE them. There are different options but for the article, this is what they chose.

As for the 7 burgers, it isn't 7 burgers. It's one burger with 7 patties and 7 slices of cheese on it. Also, only available from midnight to 6 a.m. It is a pound of meat.

North American (at least in the US) are HUGE. And calorie laden. We don't eat out often and this is part of the reason. I rarely finish a meal out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter