Mouths Agape,eyes Full Of Glow The Spongie Family Is Ready To Go! Update Last Day

popcorn::

Ya know...

There's nothing worse than waiting FOREVER for another chapter.

;) :lmao: :rotfl2:

Singing the Happy Working Song till you post again!

Ya know...

:rotfl:

Hey Misty!! I've been MIA due to a broken computer. (I'm on DD's now.) Your TR has been wonderful so far.

Looking forward to way more!!:banana:

Ya know...

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Good one Wendy! And thanks to you I bought that soundtrack. Watch out for the roaches! Misty, I, unlike Wendy am waiting patiently!:hourglass

okay, I am waiting too! Enjoying it so far.......and you soooooo deserve to have a great trip! I hope it was......waiting to find out!!:cool1:

Thanks guys for checking my tr out so far i am so nervous to post it writting is easy , i will start the next part in just a few , i am waiting for my photo's which should be here soon .. so just be patient with me , i also have 5 lil monkeys jumping on the bed at all time so i will probably post late at night , but i would like to thank my fans so far,
Staley7580,Jham ,T-beri,Nab, Wheat Thins, Cindy b good,alex2kmommy,
teresajoy,azmickeyfans,Pakey,backstage Gal, Moto x princess99,dwheatl.:goodvibes

Woo Hoo, I got a shout out! Thanks spongemommy!

Update : i am TRYING to work on the next part, but lil man is running amuck and won't take a nap :headache: Maybe when the kids get home and can entertain him :rolleyes1 I can finish it up and post, Hopefully i will get it posted tonight , so check back later ;) THANKS FOR READING:hug:
More shout outs;
Teresajoy
Dreamer & wisher
Tinkermell
Jham
Becbennett
Magicfor2
Ctamama

Misty!!! I love your SpongeBob in Mickey Ears!! It's purrrrrrrfect!

You are so awesome! I can't wait to see your Sponge Bob tree!!!!

Lovin' the TR so far!!

We were hanging some Spongebob ornaments on our tree yesterday and I thought of you. :woohoo:

I got my very first sunburn on my first and only trip to Disneyland when I was 17. It wasn't nearly as bad as yours, but that California sun is wicked!

Am I a disboutique peep?! Wow, I've never been a peep before!! :banana: :banana::banana: I also tried to resist the lure of the Disboutique thread. But, my sister persisted and here I am 6 months (or so)later, still addicted.

Lovin' the TR so far!!

We were hanging some Spongebob ornaments on our tree yesterday and I thought of you. :woohoo:

I got my very first sunburn on my first and only trip to Disneyland when I was 17. It wasn't nearly as bad as yours, but that California sun is wicked!

Am I a disboutique peep?! Wow, I've never been a peep before!! :banana: :banana: :banana:I also tried to resist the lure of the Disboutique thread. But, my sister persisted and here I am 6 months (or so)later, still addicted.

Well I am just waiting for an update!!
Are there any snow on the mountains yet? I miss Utah winters.

How was your hotel stay? I am staying there in 24 days.

Well I am just waiting for an update!!
Are there any snow on the mountains yet? I miss Utah winters.

How was your hotel stay? I am staying there in 24 days.
we have not had enough to stay but it is rainy and cold today it's been forcasted so we will see ;) i take it you use to live here? i absolutely loved our hotel it was awesome and close .

i am just finishing up some stuff and will post today i am ignoring my kids and dog and family and anyone else who is bothering me :rotfl:

Yes, I was born in Brigham City, lived there until I was 13 and have lived in Wa state ever since. I miss the deer coming down from the mountains and into our yard. I have an aunt who still lives in BC, and uncle in Ogden and uncle in SLC. I cant wait for the summer time to take my kids to Lagoon and Hogle Zoo.
I am glad you loved the hotel I cant wait. I was a little scared since I have seen some bad reviews. But for $500 for 6 nights Christmas week, i will take my chances.

I have never had to pack for a vacation trip so I was very overwhelmed, and to pack for 7 people let alone for 8 days Argggghhhh but my excitement kept me going, the check list was written , re-written checked off and pretty much added to every night :rolleyes1 because of something I forgot , phone calls from UM about lil things she remembered Like band aids , batteries, memory card (which I forgot these things so thank you )
Then Lonnie told me he had another surprise for me.......:
He had put some money away so that I could get a new camera so we went camera shopping and found a pretty decent one (okay a really good one) not to expensive but definitely worth it.
Although I should have bought a camcorder,
I had packed the kiddos outfits and socks and underwear in a Ziploc bag marked for what day they would wear them, and was ready to pack everything away,, but waitttt... :eek: what to pack them in?? (see my suitcases have always consisted of a small overnight bag for Hospital stays, to bring home my lil one's home and for 2 surgeries but other than that nothing that required a regular suitcase, I asked Lonnie what we were going to do about it and he said that he would take care of it and ran to wal-mart and got some that night,:
The only thing I had to do the next day was to take Lonnie to work so that he could get the rental car at lunch , and pack,
packing1.jpg
digitalcameranew042.jpg
That was done pretty quickly to my amazement, the only problem I ran into was Where to put the custom outfits? , so I called Lonnie again ,,, I think after a million phone calls from a very excited me he decides to come home early(I am a lil more excited than the kiddos)He pulls into the driveway in a 2007 white ford Free star mini van with 2 sliding side doors(The Sponge mobile is a blue 1996 Nissan Quest with only 1 sliding door:headache: We begin to load the van and (wow) everything fits (after a few times) moving things around and a small , mini quarrel with Dh about the stroller , Who after see's that I am right, apologizes profusely.. we are ready to go.... the house is clean and I am driving poor dh crazy with my excitement,, Poor Guy ! he shouts "Everyone get in the van we are Going"............. To Dinner (I almost killed him because he made it seem like we were going to leave. not that we could because we had to wait till Saturday to put daizie in the boarding kennel,
after dinner at Chili's , Wendy Lou(Utah mama) comes by the house to pick up the key she is kitty sitting while we are away being the great friend she is;) she has a care package for us ,Full of Disney books to look at while driving, a hidden Mickey Fact book, 2 Disney Cd 's so that we have plenty of music to get us in the mood , emergency fruit snacks, and a pen and notepad with a bunch of fun games to play while driving, and also some very funny things written for my kiddos to say to dad while driving Like " are we there yet" some more motherly advice and some Disney reminders (which I am thankful for ):hug: :hug:
A ton of hugs were shared and she was off. I so wanted her family to come and share in the Disney magic:goodvibes
The next morning came pretty slow because I could not sleep at all, I was too excited ...Finally the sun is up and it is a decent time to wake up everyone , we all jump up and get dressed grab the dog say good bye to The cat and lock up and we are out the door , :woohoo: after we drop Daizie off at the boarding kennel and I say goodbye , we hit the McDonalds for breakfast and jump on the freeway , The ride to Las Vegas is pretty calm considering the 2 older boys are listening to there Mp3 Players , Jayedyn and Camden are asleep and Mayson well the picture is worth a thousand words
ontheroad1.jpg
It does not seem that long of a trip to Vegas (maybe because the kiddos were so good) but we pass through some mountains and there it is (Can I just say that Vegas just is not that exciting in the day )
As we pull onto the strip there are a couple of "ooh and ahhhs" from the kids but nothing drastic, our destination was the Luxor Hotel and straight down to the Criss Angel store and production studio (for those who do not know who he is here you go The Mind freak Illusionist
crissangel.jpg
So we head downstairs and take a few pictures
vacationphotos110.jpg
vacationphotos111.jpg
and then over to the "OFFICIAL MINDFREAK" store, Where we run into some drama :headache: I am going to buy the kids a water bottle so I am standing in line I go to pay and because I am a member of The Loyal (which is Criss Angel's fan club ) I should get a discount because I have gotten it before but instead, I get some bolognie about my membership and how it is for the official criss angel store , book signing's & whatever, by a very RUDE manager, I thought I was in the Official store ?:confused3 anyways,after that BS: I decided we are done and I can't deal with it anymore ( and believe me I am a very patient person ) I put everything back and we leave with some frustrated kiddos and a very sad lil girl, she is bawling (which in a momma's eyes is the worst thing it makes me so mad when it is something to do with my kids,,,,) Let's just say after that Las Vegas was ruined for them, They just wanted to get something to eat and go to our Hotel, as you can see in the picture:sad1:
disneyland2173.jpg
So we head to the Pharaohs Feast and eat dinner after that, Lonnie suggests going to the Excalibur Hotel but the kids are so bummed they don't want to , but after a lil pep talk they decide to go ahead , we walk over to the Midway to play games and the mood slowly starts to change they start to have some fun, including DH,
disneyland2174.jpg
The kids were winding down Mostly Mayson and Camden so we decide to call it a night , plus we did not want to spend our Disney money in vegas..:rotfl: so after one more game we head out, we get back to our hotel and finally decide where everyone is going to sleep the boys get the right side with a TV of course and me ,Jayedyn and Mayson get the left side with the closet;) the kids crash and it is just me and DH so we fall asleep watching TV then we hear this horrible scream and run into the room and it is Mayson he is freaking out,so I tell Lonnie he can sleep in the bed and I will sleep on the couch with Mayson , my lil man is apprehensive because he is not comfortable so after 3 Mickey Mouse clubhouse videos I end up sleeping on the floor next to him I look up at the clock and it is 4 a.m I am exhausted :upsidedow The kids are still asleep at 10 so at least I got 6 hrs :) After we double, triple check the hotel we head on our way to Anaheim , We once again stop at McDonalds for breakfast and we are on our way , with one stop in primm valley for a potty break we decide to hook up the laptop and let the kids watch a DVD they are not interested because they just can't hear it so I pull out my Ipod adaptor and turn it to the pre-set channel plug it into the cigarette lighter and what do ya know Transformers in stereo:thumbsup2 we also had a charger for the Laptop that also plugged into the cigarette lighter(wal-mart) so we were good for quite some of the trip, I am so exhausted so I decide to take a lil nap and when I open my eyes again we are in Death Valley which according to Lonnie is only 2 hrs away.

we get a phone call from his mom and she is waiting for us, she begins to ramble on about the hotel not being anywhere near Disneyland she is looking and can't find it and so the stress begins , I tell her the name again and finally Lonnie grabs the phone and says do not worry about finding the hotel we are 2 hrs away just go eat lunch and we will call you when we get there,: headache: Immediately he asks me to call and double check and I do and they reassure us that it indeed is right across from Disney. ;) We start to come upon the San Bernadino Highway when we suddenly had to use our breaks, looking to our right this is what we see]
fires21.jpg
Oh no a fire, with some quick thinking Lonnie turns off right before we get stuck with all the traffic that has come to a complete stop.
fires1.jpg
Now the fun part begins Driving with the force, Mind you we do not have a map of any kind, Lonnie is driving the route from his memory. So we decide to take the 15 S to the 10
fires.jpg
then the 10 to the 91 (we figure we are headed the right way when we see this sign
universalstudiosoct23rd062.jpg
and the 91 to Anaheim Harbor Blvd. at this point we are getting really excited because our hotel is on Harbor Blvd ..:goodvibes .
We get a phone call from his mom again telling us that she found the hotel and she is waiting for us and that it is indeed across the street from the park..:sad2: I look at Lonnie and laugh and tell him just to Breathe and to chant our Motto "WE ARE AT DISNEYLAND" ! Driving up the Blvd our 1st glance of Disneyland is the Tower of Terror
universalstudiosoct23rd063.jpg
He checks us in and they have given us an adjoining room with 2 king size beds and a crib for Mayson. "Hot Dog" :banana:
We unload the car and I hang up the custom outfits, Change Mayson and we are off to get something to eat.
We decide to go to Ihop Lots of hugs are shared and some good food
ihop3.jpg
ihop-1.jpg
ihop1.jpg
(sorry about our scruffiness we were in the car all day)
I know you are probably wondering what my kids are thinking right now. Surprisingly they are acting just like me, excited but clueless.
There are no Screams of excitement, no looking like they are gonna piddle on the floor (They just have no idea what they are in for yet?) We head over to the Target for some last min shopping to kill time because our 1st day in the park is Monday.
After some grandma gifts are bought for the kids, we head back to the hotel for some R&R and unpacking, I begin Ironing the clothes and the kids are quiet doing puzzles and Lonnie is crashed on the bed,

Now the fun part of the night begins Mayson is still not use to his surroundings so he is sleeping in bed with me and Jayedyn is sleeping with Grandma,
WARNING CHOKING< SPITTING may occur reading this next partI give you full permission to laugh :rotfl: at this next part,

I have never wanted to smother anybody before in my life:rolleyes1 but my MIL definitely needed it..:mad: How was I to know this would go on every night for the rest of our trip.
here in no exact order is a time table of events that happened each night..
1st hour constant groaning, belching in her sleep, toxic gases, and getting up and crashing into things to get outside to smoke
(Come on who can't open a Door):headache:
Excessive "I can't sleep are you awake?"
mind you i am in bed ready to sleep or was asleep
My ankles hurt can you rub them for me
Oh' i need some water
speaking in different tongues while asleep I swear i almost had to call an exorcist
Walking in sleep and talking in sleep
Tv turned on at extreme volumes
Bothering of people who are coming back with there arms full because she wants to have a conversation with them at 3 a.m.
2nd hour continues on just like the 1st
I finally ended up putting my Ipod on and falling asleep until I was blinded by the light right above my head and a OOPS! sorry I was trying to get outside .:confused: it's like being in the hospital and just dozing off and in comes the nurse for Vitals and Blood Pressure, although I know they are just doing there job so I am okay, but with my MIL:headache: :mad:it is not acceptable...
Anyways
let's just say I was not a chipper ,happy go lucky person when I woke up:headache: the next morning But we are going to Disneyland today so the Disney magic hit me and excitement over threw the anger and murderous thoughts:rotfl: We head out to Ihop once again for breakfast , and then pile into the van

Next chapter 1st day in the park

Yay! I'm the line leader again!

FUNNY, Mist!

I'm thinking your Mother in Law needs an invitation to read you Trip Report! That would be SO NICE!

Oh boy, 5 kids PLUS her! You are practically a saint for not murdering her. I can't imagine!

OHHHHH!!!! I can't wait till the Sponge-Family walks down Main Street USA! It took everything to NOT call you every 15 minutes and ask you where you were and what you were doing.

I'll bet your MIL is a REAL TREAT in her motorized ankle-killer....LOL!

Ok so I just spit Diet Dr. Pepper all over my monitor!! The toxic gas :lmao: :rotfl2:

OMG, Spongie you poor sleep deprived girl!!! Bless your heart!!:grouphug: I'm now trying to stop the urge to vocally cheer you on in "smothering the MIL to death"!!! :cheer2: Opps, I mean.....family....(sigh) don't ya just love them?

Hurry back with more!:cool1: So glad that you were able to detour the fires.:eek:

Yes, I was born in Brigham City, lived there until I was 13 and have lived in Wa state ever since. I miss the deer coming down from the mountains and into our yard. I have an aunt who still lives in BC, and uncle in Ogden and uncle in SLC. I cant wait for the summer time to take my kids to Lagoon and Hogle Zoo.
I am glad you loved the hotel I cant wait. I was a little scared since I have seen some bad reviews. But for $500 for 6 nights Christmas week, i will take my chances.
We have snow and it is cold !!!! i have not been to lagoon since high school , we are annual pass holders for the zoo so we go with the Utahmama family alot.
as far as Brigham City that is where my dad was born i think it is beautiful in the spring. sorry about spitting on your monitor, I did warn you:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter