• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mousescrapper

3pletprincesses

DIS Veteran
Have they changed settings lately on mousescrapper? I use to lurk all the time in the kit challenges and look at what people did and now can't even access it. I rarely digit scrap but it was nice to see what people can do with some kits.

I haven't been on that one in awhile - seemed like everyone used the one ladies designs & they didn't like anything else
I loved the set up for it - wished we had that here so when I want to see tower of terror LOs I didn't have to look thur alot to find a few

I was just able to get on ok?? Not sure!

I too wish we had a way to organize our area of the forum like that for layouts! So nice. I agree Reddy. I don't want to search and remember where I saw a layout I liked, my memory is bad enough as it is :rotfl2:

We had talked about that type of format but it can be pretty time consuming.
Nancy had started cataloging the virtual scrapbook pages.

The only suggestion I could make is start a thread for each area, park, land theme, etc. And then we could have links in one sticky to those threads but again, time consuming to hunt etc, and for the 3 of us to maintain.

If it's something you would really like to do, Nan and I can take it to the Webmasters, but like I said it's pretty time consuming to build.

We had talked about that type of format but it can be pretty time consuming.
Nancy had started cataloging the virtual scrapbook pages.

The only suggestion I could make is start a thread for each area, park, land theme, etc. And then we could have links in one sticky to those threads but again, time consuming to hunt etc, and for the 3 of us to maintain.

If it's something you would really like to do, Nan and I can take it to the Webmasters, but like I said it's pretty time consuming to build.

the sticky idea was the only thing I could think of unless the webmaster wanted to set it up like the other - I think combine paper & digi LOs together since the main thing is to give ideas

I do think we would need a section for misc or oddball LOs in each section since someone will always come up with something that doesn't fit but still fits the album - I have a LO for my DH giving us "bunny ears"

I'm still not able to get on and have sent an email to them. will see what they have to say.

I agree it would be nice to have something like that here. We have lots of talent here and it's a pain to look for anything. wouldn't they be able to start a new section just for it. I know it's time consuming but it would be easier for you ladies to manage. As long as people put the right image in the right section, there's no real maintance per say. but it's a huge project for webmaster to start it.

what can we do to help??
should we make a list for what threads are needed
if it is starting threads for the different sections I can do that during Spring Break - Rock House is going to take boys during the days & DH is working so I'll have time to work on it if I'll be allowed to do it

I'm still waiting to hear back from webmasters.

In the mean time if you want to make a thread breaking down each park, then go ahead. I can move them in we can get subforums in the future.
For now I will copy the URL and paste it in the Virtual Scrapbook thread.

I'm still waiting to hear back from webmasters.

In the mean time if you want to make a thread breaking down each park, then go ahead. I can move them in we can get subforums in the future.
For now I will copy the URL and paste it in the Virtual Scrapbook thread.

I got looking at Mousescrappers more closely - do we want every resturant listed??
I"m kinda thinking one for MK Food then have Castle, Pooh & Dole Whip subthreads - any other that we need??

Just looking at the first section
MK
Main Entrance
Rope Drop/Opening Ceremony

Main Street USA
Railroad
Main Street Vechiles/Trolly Show
Main Street FireHouse
Expostion Hall
Statues, Roy & Minnie - Goofy
Flag Lowering
Citizens or Main Street
Dappers Dan
Harmony Barbara Shop

Shops - Emporium, Chapeau Hat Shop, etc

They also include Night, Store Windows, Halloween, Christmas, Goodbye & Baby Care Center

I think Halloween & Christmas should have a section in the overall Thread but not for just Main Street
anyone want the others??:confused3

Have they changed settings lately on mousescrapper? I use to lurk all the time in the kit challenges and look at what people did and now can't even access it. I rarely digit scrap but it was nice to see what people can do with some kits.

Yes, they changed the settings so that people with low or no posts can not access the kit challenges. They had too many people downloading the freebies and not taking place in the challenges. I don't know what post count is required to gain access now.

This is what I was looking at for a breakdown for threads. We can't have 80,000 threads for every aspect of Disney. One, I don't want to copy mousescrappers, that's not polite and two we don't have that kind of bandwidth. Mousescrappers is a forum for just scrapping, it's just one subsection of what the DIS is. I think if we break is down by park and other sections of Disney, we will be ok. And remember too that when we hit 250 pages, we close that thread and start a new one. I don't know how mousescrappers handles their bandwidth.

MK
AK
Epcot
MGM
Resorts
DTD and misc Disney
DL
California adventure
Non Disney

Maybe a universal studios

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

I like that idea Buffy...
I too don't think the amount of space that would need to divided it up by each aspect will float well since we are just a small part of the bigger DIS community...

that sounds good to me
looking at theirs this morning made me realize how much they have
too bad they don't like paper scrappers or I'll hang out there more often

Sounds good. Maybe water parks should be a category since there are two parks or restaurants/Disney food or DCL to add on to buffy's lists? Maybe instead of universal it could be "other" parks to include sea world/Lego park too? Just an idea

here's another idea. What if we opened a few photobucket accounts, let say 1 for MK, another for AK and son on. Everyone could post their LO there.we could make a few albums per account to brake things a bit like an in the MK, we could have character meals as 1 album, 1 album for the rest of restaurants, 1 album for attractions.

Other option, we could find a few ladies willing and they could manage the photobucket accounts and add the pictures to the appropriate account and people simply have to send these ladies a copy of the LO for the to post.

Then we could only have a sticky on the dis with a link to each either account or album.

that's just an idea to no use Dis spae but I have no idea if it brakes any rules at photobucket LOL

Yes, they changed the settings so that people with low or no posts can not access the kit challenges. They had too many people downloading the freebies and not taking place in the challenges. I don't know what post count is required to gain access now.

That would explain it as I have very few posts. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter