Mousesavers site says to R-schedule-Should we??

I had ressies for 9/16-9/19th. I canceled not only because of what Orlando would have, but also because on Friday (when I canceled), the storm looked as if it was still going to hit me as well. I didn't want to take the chance of getting stuck somewhere & not being able to get home. Besides the fact that the gas lines here were crazy & didn't want to take the chance of running out of gas with nowhere to get any, either going up or back from WDW. This trip was the postponed one from Labor Day. Now since I have canceled completly, it will not hit Orlando or me... I did us all a favor :jester: My next ressie is for 11/11-11/14. Any one planning a trip around that weekend may want to watch the weather then as well, seems my luck isn't very good lately on trip planning. I was to go to WDW & Universal for a week at the end of July, my son ended up in the hospital & that trip got canceled. Decided we would go to Universal for a weekend before school started for my daughters birthday & ended going only one night due to "unforseen" things....it rained the entire night we were there. I made ressies at WDW for Labor Day, Charley hit us & I was going to cancel since we needed the money for our deductible, decided that if I didn't go I wouldn't get there for a while so kept them....Frances comes along & blows that trip. Then make ressies for the 9/16 & one for 11/11 trip....Ivan comes along...so, if you are going anytime around 11/11....watch the weather, it is still hurricane season until 11/30 :crazy: But to be very honest, after how Charley did what it wasn't suppose to do, I don't feel out of the woods yet... Ivan can turn just like Charley did. The path is still very close to Charley's.... These storm seem to not do what they are expected to do this season.....:confused:

We're supposed to leave Thursday afternoon to drive down to Disney. I'm thinking of calling and adding two nights to the start of my trip. We live just east of Destin, about 20 minutes west of Panama City Beach, so we're are right where all the latest models are forecasting the eye to make landfall. I've never been in a hurricane so I'm pretty nervous. I have a 6 month old and a 3 year old and figure if I have to leave (we're south of the bay and about a quarter mile from the beach) I might as well go to Disney still and just let the kids enjoy it longer. I do not want to be here with no power, water, etc. with my kids, especially since my husband is highway patrol and would be working through it all instead of with me. I'm sure most people would think I'm crazy for planning to still go on my vacation during this time but it sounds like it might be the safest place for us right now. Now I just need to convince my mom to leave earlier with me.

:(
We also had to change our reservations because of Hurricane Ivan. We cancelled Friday when it looked worse for central Florida than now. It sure took a lot of work on the cast members part to get us two rooms at the Polynesian. First available time after calling yesterday was October 24th.......wow!! Seems like all kinds of rooms disappeared in the two hours it took to contact all the family to agree on a date. We lost the Pirate Cruise for my grandsons and Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast......man, all my early hours of calling for PS for Cindy's. The only bright side is we will attend MNSSHP Oct. 26th. I just hope the crowds won't we terrible that last week of October. We have gone in Sept. in the past and it has always been so wonderful.
Good luck to you all rescheduling and thank you's to the wonderful Cast Members for your help.

:wave2:
Disnemimi

I would agree that it depends upon when you are arriving. I life in the panhandle and we are projected to take a direct hit, but so much can change. The predictions have been wrong for the last two.

If you are set to arrive next weekend you would know for sure by Tuesday or Wedesday what the results of Ivan are.

Just thought I'd let you all know - things seem to be looking okay.

I just got a call from Yacht & Beach Club's recreationd department. We had had an Illuminations Cruise booked for tomorrow (the 13th).

We cancelled because of the threat of the storm, but they just wanted to let me know it was looking good to go ahead with the cruise, so our reservation was reinstated.

Chin up Disney World-ers. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter