Mousekeeping

RIDISNEYLOVERS

DIS Veteran
I know this has been brought up before, but what do you tip mousekeeping on a per night basis? Do you tip each morning before you head out or do you tip one time on the morning of your checkout?

Tipping every day may be best since you may have different mousekeepers during your stay. The mousekeeper you had all week may have the day off when you checkout and then someone would get the tip.

This is just a reminder that housekeeping/mousekeeping is not considered a tipping position in the Hotel Industry. So you should never feel obligated to tip, just because you read about it on the internet.

Please understand I'm not trying to tell people not to tip - just reminding that this is not the same thing as tipping your bellman or waiter / waitress.

That being said - we usually tip $1.00 per day per person. And we leave it daily because you may or may not always have the same maid.

My DW and I tipped $2 - 3 per day per person when we stayed at VWL in May.

While the "industry" may not recognize this as a tipped position, I think a gratuity is appropriate for the person who performs this task.

I would agree that it is appropriate to tip. To be frank, if you can afford the $100+ to stay in a Disney hotel, I think it is appropriate to give the maid $5 or so a day.

I realize the person who started the poll was clearly asking for guidance on tipping--and thus probably shares my and others' sentiments on the issue--but I think it is important for others to remember that mousekeepers are, even at Disney, rather poorly paid. If most people tipped, it would help the mousekeepers take far better care of their families.

So...be kind and leave a tip!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter