Mousekeeping took my dd's blankie (photo added)

mrsannb

Mooska meeska
Last week mousekeeping cleaned our room and when we came back, my 5 year old's special blanket (named Nigh Night) was missing off her bed. :(
I called about it, and talked to the housekeeping manager at OKW, but we still don't have it. They said there is so much laundry sent out that it is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Does anyone know if there is any way to contact the place that washes the sheets directly to see if they have found it? Or how long it would take from changing the linens until they are washed/folded?

This is the blanket I am looking for if anyone has one they can part with!! ETA: AHHH I found it on ebay!!!

Last week mousekeeping cleaned our room and when we came back, my 5 year old's special blanket (named Nigh Night) was missing off her bed. :(
I called about it, and talked to the housekeeping manager at OKW, but we still don't have it. They said there is so much laundry sent out that it is like finding a needle in a haystack.
Does anyone know if there is any way to contact the place that washes the sheets directly to see if they have found it? Or how long it would take from changing the linens until they are washed/folded?
Your question made me wonder how Disneyworld does its laundry -- resort by resort or in a giant factory. I found an interesting story on a website called laundrytoday.com. Here's a quote:

Keeping the Disney resort linens fresh and crisp is the job of one of America's biggest laundries - the 200,000-square-foot housekeeping plant of Walt Disney World's Textile Services in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. This facility processes goods from 23,000 hotel rooms, plus miscellaneous items from four Disney theme parks, Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom and MGM Studios, and two Disney water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

Here's a link to the rest of it.
http://www.laundrytoday.com/index.p...y-on-earth-walt-disney-world-textile-services

Good luck to you. I also have young children who at times have had attachments to various items and won't be happy to have them go missing.

Awww, sorry, it's not looking too good that you'll be able to get it back. I hope you can find a substitute for your daughter. Maybe a Mickey or Minnie blanket for her?

I'm sorry her blanket was accidentally taken out. :(

I have heard stories of blankets and stuffed animals being found in the wash though, so hoping that's the case for you!!

I have heard too many of these stories and always take my DD's blanket off of the bed before we leave the room.

Best of luck and hoping they find it! :goodvibes

Sorry that happened! My middle daughter (9 now) had a blanket once that went everywhere.

You can go onto the Disney website and click on where it says contact us.

Let them know what you are looking for and they may be able to find it. They most likely have a lost and found for the laundry.

If there is anything special, I always put it aside, because it is so easy to strip the beds and something like that get caught up in the sheets without them knowing it. It isn't like home, where you can retrieve it out of the washer - they have a very large operation for the laundry and most likely it doesn't get discovered until they fold it from the dryer.

I really feel for you and DD. My DS had a blankie that he loved to pieces, literally. We lost his under similar circumstances. I ended up buying him a new one off of eBay and he was none the wiser. Can you find a replacement?

You can go onto the Disney website and click on where it says contact us.

Let them know what you are looking for and they may be able to find it. They most likely have a lost and found for the laundry.

If there is anything special, I always put it aside, because it is so easy to strip the beds and something like that get caught up in the sheets without them knowing it. It isn't like home, where you can retrieve it out of the washer - they have a very large operation for the laundry and most likely it doesn't get discovered until they fold it from the dryer.

I agree with this advice. Even though you have already inquired, it may be helpful for your issue to be "in writing" somewhere.

We had this to happen to us probably 20 years ago. My son had a little stuffed white rabbit that he slept with. We left it on the bed when we went out for the day, and it got wrapped up in the sheets when the bed was stripped. We contacted the laundry manager, and I believe that we also filled out a form at the hotel front desk before we left to go home. (No email CONTACT US at that time!)

We didn't hold out much hope. But about a week or two after we got back home, we received a package in the mail. It included the bunny along with a new friend Mickey Mouse, and a letter of apology.

And that experience did teach us to get into the habit of removing all personal items from the bedding before we leave the room for the day.

Our rule for years has been to clean off the bed of anything. Housekeeping will come in and just take off those sheets and not even think about anything else that is there. Their job is to do things quickly and move onto the next room.

Sorry the blanket was left but I have to say, Nigh Night is probably gone for good.

Our rule for years has been to clean off the bed of anything. Housekeeping will come in and just take off those sheets and not even think about anything else that is there. Their job is to do things quickly and move onto the next room.

Sorry the blanket was left but I have to say, Nigh Night is probably gone for good.

I agree; a few years ago, I traveled with two couples, who let's say are not the tidiest people in the world. They were roommates for a long time, so they didn't notice it since they all did it, but their beds were littered with clothes and towels, etc.

The maids did not even make their beds, for fear of accidentally picking stuff up in the sheets and comforter. Fortunately to them, they didn't care. They never made their beds at home either.

call or write to lost and found and give as much information as possible. Dates, resort, color of blanket, etc

about 10 years ago DS lost his bear while we were at the YC. I always took the bear off the bed before we left the room but on our last full day he must have played with it again after I put it away. When we came back to the room the bear was no where to be found. We called housekeeping from the room and they transferred us to lost and found. I gave the detailed description but thought it was a goner

Low and behold a month later I received a box in the mail from Disney with the bear in it. It may take them some time but they may find it

call or write to lost and found and give as much information as possible. Dates, resort, color of blanket, etc

about 10 years ago DS lost his bear while we were at the YC. I always took the bear off the bed before we left the room but on our last full day he must have played with it again after I put it away. When we came back to the room the bear was no where to be found. We called housekeeping from the room and they transferred us to lost and found. I gave the detailed description but thought it was a goner

Low and behold a month later I received a box in the mail from Disney with the bear in it. It may take them some time but they may find it

Dont't forget to include your contact info --- phone, email, and mailing address. Sure, they could probably find it with some research. But you want to make it easy and quick for them to locate you if they do find it.

One year we lost my daughter's swim suit when Mousekeeping took scooped up all the towels. The manager made it right. He made a bunch of calls. Then gave us a credit to buy a replacement. Her suit got mailed to us later.

Another trip we a pair of little pajamas were taken from a DVC resort when the sheets were changed. The staff got all over it. They found those jammies and made a four-year-old very, very happy.

Hopefully, you will have good luck.

I emailed but they just said to call Old Key West. I went and filled out a card in the lobby today. Hopefully it will turn up.

AHHH I just searched ebay and found it!!
Awesome! My DD lost "Pink Blankie" when she was about 4-years old on a trip to WDW. We left it in the airport hotel on the way out of town. Of course, they never found it. I had to do an emergency replacement of a blanket but couldn't find anything even close. I ended up with a soft fleece purple blanket which became "Purple, the travel blankie". Purple has been around the world!

I'm sorry to hear about your DD's blanket. I still have a blankie that goes with me on my trips and I just turned 18. I always put it on my carry on bag before leaving the room.

I'm sorry to hear about your DD's blanket. I still have a blankie that goes with me on my trips and I just turned 18. I always put it on my carry on bag before leaving the room.

I think this is too cute. My 9 year old has a blankie still (dad threatens to throw away every time he does laundry) but I just cant bring myself to make her part with it. She does not carry it anywhere (except on long trips like Disney), it stays in her bed, & I've tried multiple times to replace it with one not as worn but she says news ones don't smell like mom (so basically shes saying i smell like a 9 year old tattered blanket?)!!!!
On our last trip mousekeeping used her blankie everyday to accompany the towel animals :) but this time I'll be sure to secure away so blankie makes the trip back home.

I always worry about my 6 year old losing "soft blankie" on vacation. She still sleeps with soft blankie every night!

OP, I hope they located your daughter's blanket soon.

Had the same thing happen to my son at OKW. Never have seen Sponge Bob again. They were not very helpful when it happened to us but the process seems like it is all sent out:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter