Mousekeeping Tip ?

SDTeaGirl

Mouseketeer
We are going to arrive at POP on Dec 4th and stay until the 15th( leave early that morning) so a total of 11 night. I have pre-made mousekeeping envelopes for our stay. My ? is when would you leave your first tip envelope? the morning of the 5th? or would you do the morning of the 6th? I don't want to gip them out of any tips- just wondering what we should do. I was planning the morning of the 5th- since they have to come in and make our bed and so forth. We have decided $1/person per day/night (there is 3 of us). I am assuming this is plenty. So they get $3/day for 11 night stay.

Just want other peoples opinions. Thanks

Personally I tip each morning I know housekeeping is entering my room, usually leave the money on the pillow with a note of thanks so they know to take it before I leave for the day.

I tip every day. You may not have the same housekeeper day in and day out. You don't want to miss tipping someone.

Leave a tip out everyday cause I've seen that sometimes other cleaners come over help someone that is behind in time to get the rooms cleaned. and it would be wrong for someone that didn't clean your room to be paid for nothing.:thumbsup2

I was planning on giving a tip everyday- not just one day. I will start the morning of the 5th. thanks

Just keep in mind folks, at Disney, by contract with the union housekeeping is not a tipped position. They make more than minimum wage at low end ($8.70/hr) and at top of scale just over $13/hr. Although it's nice of people to do so, it isn't required and tips should be saved for those in tipped classifications such as bell services and waiting tables who are paid as much $2 less than minimum wage since it's expected that tips will more than raise them over minimum.

Tipping is a thankyou. It is also an excellent....ugly word...bribe. I always tip the chambermaid (a buck a person each day, left each day)and those extra towels, shampoo, soaps come in handy with a larger crowd. The towel animals left ALL OVER the room are also a delight to find by all of us.

As noted, if you prefer to tip the housekeepers then it is fine. But it is not guaranteed to get you towel animals. There are plenty of posters who come back upset that they tipped and didn't get towel animals.

Just keep in mind folks, at Disney, by contract with the union housekeeping is not a tipped position. They make more than minimum wage at low end ($8.70/hr) and at top of scale just over $13/hr. Although it's nice of people to do so, it isn't required and tips should be saved for those in tipped classifications such as bell services and waiting tables who are paid as much $2 less than minimum wage since it's expected that tips will more than raise them over minimum.

While this may be so I chose to tip them because I simply want to and don't expect any favors returned. I enjoy giving to mousekeeping and also tip bell services as well as servers. :)

We are going to arrive at POP on Dec 4th and stay until the 15th( leave early that morning) so a total of 11 night. I have pre-made mousekeeping envelopes for our stay. My ? is when would you leave your first tip envelope? the morning of the 5th? or would you do the morning of the 6th? I don't want to gip them out of any tips- just wondering what we should do. I was planning the morning of the 5th- since they have to come in and make our bed and so forth. We have decided $1/person per day/night (there is 3 of us). I am assuming this is plenty. So they get $3/day for 11 night stay.

Just want other peoples opinions. Thanks

I never have tipped housekeeping at the Disney resorts or at any other hotels for that matter. These are not tipped positions like wait staff or DCL stateroom hosts.

I'm not trying to discourage people from tipping, I'm sure they appreciate your tips. However, I just wanted to let people know that tipping the Disney resort maids is not expected or required.

Mike

We always tip housekeeping wherever we stay. Usually $5 a day but when we stayed at AKL Club Level we left $10. I see it both as a thank you and a "bribe". It's nasty work and I don't mind paying it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter