Mousekeeping tip?

volleygirl

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone! We are so excited that we are this close to our trip! As in the past, we have always tipped in an envelope for Mousekeeping and I know it is not expected. My question is, if anyone would be so kind as to share about how much they did tip? It has been a few years, and I don't want to feel like they are unappreciated!!

If it matters, we are staying at the Fort Wilderness Lodge, not club level...

Thank you!
Krissy

well we are still going on the $1 per person per day thingy...Im sure I will be corrected if Im wrong :) oh and be sure to leave it daily as you dont always get the same maid every day...have a lovely vacation.

We always left $2 but thats because its just me and my husband. I agree with the $1/person every night. We left ours in a personalized envelope (we put stickers all over it) and left them two hershey kisses as well so they could have something sweet while they worked! They seemed to love it!

I'm sure this thread will be closed soon... We usually tip $3/day for just the two of us, and adjust up or down if the service seems exceptionally good or poor, respectively. I agree $1/person/day is a decent rate, and as others said, tip each day not all at the end. Many people don't tip at all. (Insert posts here about mousekeeping not being a tipped position per Disney...)

Oh Sorry! I knew that tipping is not a Disney suggested item. Thank you for the thoughts!

I've always done $2/per day per person. I do that for every hotel though, not just Disney. I'll leave more if I feel we have been extra messy and we do it each day since there could be different mousekeepers per day.
Thanks!

I've always done $2/per day per person. I do that for every hotel though, not just Disney. I'll leave more if I feel we have been extra messy and we do it each day since there could be different mousekeepers per day.
Thanks!

lol tink..you made me think of last year with my 2yr old..I think I about doubled the tip every day due to a guilty concience over the mess my 2yr old made with cereal and goldfish snacks!!:)

We tip $5.00 per day as we are a family of 5. We have always had great service from Mousekeeping. They work very hard.

For my husband and I who are neat and tidy...$5 a day...and it was appreciated. If it was more of a cleaning challenge...with more than 2 people...if you can leave $5. Do it...

I also do $5 a day in a labeled envelope decorated with Disney stickers :woohoo: I figure they work very hard for their money and I usually write a note on the envelope too :dance3:

I actually never thought about tipping everyday incase there are different maids so ill have to remember that next time, but we leave $20 at then end of the trip so that would work out to be about $3 per day. :thumbsup2

We left $3 a day for our recent stay of just hubby and me. We also put it in the envelope with "Mousekeeper" on it and Disney stickers like lots of people do. The one thing that really got our Mousekeeper's attention was the day we weren't feeling so good and by the time we got out of the room Mousekeeping was gone for the day. The next day I left a note apologizing that we'd slept in late and left both that day's and the current days tip for them. I got a lovely thank you note back, and a pretty towel and soap flower left on my bed.

We are a family of 4 and leave $5 - the little extras always thrilled my girls!! They couldn't wait to see how their towels were folded or their teddy bears arranged :) We always leave the tip on the pillow... I have never left it in an envelope. Sometimes I have left a note for an extra towel or pillow and they always leave more. Love Mousekeeping :thumbsup2

There are 7 of us and I leave a $1.00/day per person. At check-in, we always request turn-down service in the evening and I leave $5.00/night in a separate envelope for that service. I also use the mousekeeping envelopes from the mouseforless site....so cute.

There are three of us and one is a five year old who can be messy just because he is, so we leave at least $5.00 a day and $20 the last day if things were great. We usually stay ten days. We had towel animals every day and on our last day before check out our maid came to the room and gave the grandson a stuffed Nemo! We love Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter