Mousekeeping Gratuity ?

Meredith Girl

Earning My Ears
Typically when we travel, I leave a gratuity at the end of trip versus each day. We are traveling to WDW next week for the first time and from what I have read on disboards, most people leave a gratuity each day.

Is there a reason most people leave tips each day? Also, is it true that I need to leave an envelope labeled mousekeeping when I leave a tip for them?

Thanks!

We usually leave a few dollars daily, as the person who makes up you room may be different one day (if it's their day off?). So I think it's fair to do that. Plus, I sometimes leave a note, like I need extra coffee, so the person giving it is getting the extra tip.

I do that at any hotel, regardless, and just put it either in a conspicious area on the bed, or with a little note that it's for them (there is always a pen and pad of paper by the bed).

I don't think it's expected, but I think it's nice to thank them if they do nice work. I also like my kids to see me do that, and learn to be grateful for housekeeping - it is a treat! Now, where is my tip at home??????:rotfl2:

Welcome to the DIS. We don't use an envelope to leave our daily tip. It is best to do it daily if you feel they earned it.

We tip daily because the staff changes. I have the envelopes made out ahead of time and ready to go. So that each evening when I am getting ready for the next morning i just pull an envelope out and set it on the table. Disney staff won't touch it if it isn't marked for them. It really helps having it made out ahead of time because you don't have to worry about getting ones or finding paper to leave a note on for mousekeeping. We have always had good mousekeeping service.

We tip daily because the staff changes. I have the envelopes made out ahead of time and ready to go. So that each evening when I am getting ready for the next morning i just pull an envelope out and set it on the table. Disney staff won't touch it if it isn't marked for them. It really helps having it made out ahead of time because you don't have to worry about getting ones or finding paper to leave a note on for mousekeeping. We have always had good mousekeeping service.

:thumbsup2 i totally agree

I write a note that says "Thanks Housekeeping!", using the pen and pad that is on the bedside table. I put the tip ($3) on that note somewhere the housekeeper will see it. I do this daily, because as other pp's have stated, the staff changes.

1) We do not tip housekeeping at WDW.
2) They are not the poorly paid people like at other hotels.
. . . maids can make up to $12.54 per hour
. . . they are eligible for monetary incentives
. . . they can leave work early and be paid for it

I tip housekeeping every day at any hotel I stay in. Odds are, you aren't going to get the same housekeeper every day.

I think if you are going to tip you should do it daily. Just like when you eat out. If you goto the same place to eat daily, would you wait till the end of your trip to leave your tip? Tip daily if you want to tip, never know if there is a maid change each day to do it all at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter