Mount Washington Hotel?

BLTtinkerbell

DIS Veteran
Hi Dis Fans,

Have any of you stayed at the Mount Washington Hotel in NH? If so, what did you think?

Never have, but always wanted to! We drove by it this summer and that place is absolutely fantastic.

We went twice last summer. We LOVE it. We stayed at the main big hotel for a few nights and then the other time we stayed at the Bretton Arms Inn and that was great too.

Do you have any specific questions? We love it. We didn't make it back this summer due to finances and missed it!

My boss just stayed there this past weekend. He and his wife celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary and had a great time.

He raved about the service, the food and heated outdoor pool. They went on a longer hike (Mt. Crawford) one day but then the next just stayed on the property and enjoyed the trails they had right there.

Sounded like a great place! :thumbsup2

I've always wanted to stay there! It's so beautiful!

Stayed there 17 years ago right after we got engaged! Beautiful!!!

I would visit, but I wouldn't want to stay there. Overpriced, stuffy, and 100 yr old building in need of repairs. Low water pressure. No A/c - only in rooms. One elevator for 4 floors & all those rooms. Again, it is old & looks charming, but she has issues under all that makeup. ;) And some rooms still have not been renovated in a very very long time.

Weren't they going thru some financial trouble a few years back?

Much less money spent somewhere else more comfortable I feel.

We went twice last summer. We LOVE it. We stayed at the main big hotel for a few nights and then the other time we stayed at the Bretton Arms Inn and that was great too.

Do you have any specific questions? We love it. We didn't make it back this summer due to finances and missed it!

Just called and the only rooms available for my dates are in the Lodge. Are you familiar with that building?

Diane♥Disney;46259705 said:
:wave2:HI
Sorry I've never stayed there but wanted to say HI.

Hi Diane! :)

I assume you are talking about the Inn? It's very different from the main hotel but it's great too. Yes, it's old and parts are very rundown but it has a lot is history and charm.

The inn is two stories with a dinning room, bar and living room space. You have all the privileges at the main hotel up the hill. I don't know what you are looking for in a hotel. There isn't a lot to eat in the area at all. At little train track place next door that is surprisingly good but otherwise you are stuck with the restaurant in the hotel or the main dinning room. The restaurant left a lot to be desired given the cost and we didn't want to dress up for the main room. All of that aside we love it and can't wait to go again!

I assume you are talking about the Inn? It's very different from the main hotel but it's great too. Yes, it's old and parts are very rundown but it has a lot is history and charm.

The inn is two stories with a dinning room, bar and living room space. You have all the privileges at the main hotel up the hill. I don't know what you are looking for in a hotel. There isn't a lot to eat in the area at all. At little train track place next door that is surprisingly good but otherwise you are stuck with the restaurant in the hotel or the main dinning room. The restaurant left a lot to be desired given the cost and we didn't want to dress up for the main room. All of that aside we love it and can't wait to go again!

The woman said there are three buildings - the main hotel, the inn and the lodge. Right now, they only have rooms available in the lodge. She said we can call as it gets closer to see if anything opens up.

We are looking for a place to stay for our anniversay and saw this hotel awhile ago.

I am open to other suggestions.

Read reviews on TripAdvisor. I never book a hotel without doing that. Look at pictures provided by guests...not the professional photos from the hotel itself. Read the negative reviews & see if those are things that would bother you. That's how I decide.

We stayed at the Lodge last summer. We had wanted to stay at the main hotel, but it was full. The lodge is directly across the street from the hotel and you have access to everything as a hotel guest.

It was fine. It was clean, but a bit dated. Really, nothing special although the view is magnificent. We spent hardly in any time in our room at all as we were hiking, riding the lift up the mountain, rock climbing, shopping, swimming, etc etc etc....

One of the most awesome memories was sitting in the Adirondack chairs outside the main hotel sipping wine with DH and chatting with several other sets of parents while our children all rolled down the big hill over and over again. We also made friends with the lovely family who runs the stable while our children were horseback riding. They had an adorable little boy.

Anyway, the lodge isn't exactly romantic - its just like a regular motel. Not sure if I would want to stay there on our anniversary, but again, it was fine.

Thanks for all the responses. We are still considering it. Also looking at Stonehedge in Tyngsboro, MA.

Just got back from Stonehedge Inn and loved it! The room was beautiful and comfortable. We enjoyed the gas fireplace. The food was outstanding! We will definitely go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter