Motion Sicknss medication

pigby

<font color=66CC33>This one might be a little more
Off to US this summer and really looking forward to the new Harry Potter ride - I believe that over in the States you can but 'dramamine' - that isnt something we can buy in the UK - is it really good for stopping motion sickness? As we will be staying on-site at WDW and then US, can you buy this in WDW or US/Citywalk - won't be going offsite to visit any drugstores.

Havent seen it at any onsite stores...but the good news is that the studios are right in the middle of Orlando and there's tons of stuff within walking distance. Dramamine works fine, but it tends to make me a little sleepy and gives me a headache. My daughter gets neither of those symptoms. I take ginger pills before boating and that tends to help as well without the dramamine side effects. Also, you may want to try one of the stores in the airport when you arrive...they tend to sell it for the flights.

Ask your doctor about the transdermal scopolamine patch. Works great for me.

Bonine (meclizine) works great and is less expensive. Should not be given to anyone younger than 12 yrs and should only be given to those not allergic to it. Before taking meclizine, tell your doctor if you have asthma or other breathing disorder, glaucoma, an enlarged prostate, or problems with urination.

Bonine (meclizine) works great and is less expensive. Should not be given to anyone younger than 12 yrs and should only be given to those not allergic to it. Before taking meclizine, tell your doctor if you have asthma or other breathing disorder, glaucoma, an enlarged prostate, or problems with urination.

The Dramamine less drowsy formula contains meclizine if you can't find Bonine.

Off to US this summer and really looking forward to the new Harry Potter ride - I believe that over in the States you can but 'dramamine' - that isnt something we can buy in the UK - is it really good for stopping motion sickness? As we will be staying on-site at WDW and then US, can you buy this in WDW or US/Citywalk - won't be going offsite to visit any drugstores.
Just so you know...there is a Walgreen's right across the street from Universal. You could walk to it from any of the hotels in a matter of minutes.

I'm going to have to stock up on this before I head back down! I think I'm going to attempt to ride Dueling Dragons! :scared1:

Regular Dramamine will make you so sleepy, so go for the non-drowsy version or, as pp said, Bonine. I also like ginger pills.

Bonine for me. For some reason haven't been able to find the non-drowsy Dramaine around lately. Works really well, but having been burnt on rides before I knew about taking the Bonine, I am still a little gun shy and tend to stay off anything that i know would make me sick (tea cups at DW)...why tempt fate.

For those of you like me who do get motion sickness, which rides didn't bother you (or which ones did)?

I have to agree with the ginger pills. Ginger is a natural remedy for motion sickness. I take pills before I cruise and fly. Works like a charm.

Ginger pills! I spent the first day at US nasty sick. I made DH find me ginger pills. I wasn't as sick the next day. And, by the third day, I rode some roller coaster and TOT at DHS without being sick at all! They are natural. You should take them a few days before you go, though!

Ginger pills! I spent the first day at US nasty sick. I made DH find me ginger pills. I wasn't as sick the next day. And, by the third day, I rode some roller coaster and TOT at DHS without being sick at all! They are natural. You should take them a few days before you go, though!

Where do you get ginger pills? Also, I've heard something about seabands. Any thoughts on those?

I usually ginger ginger root pills at Walgreens or Vitamin World. They really do work. Mom was sick in Jan on our last cruise, I gave her my ginger pills. ( she forgot to take hers) She was fine by the next morning.,

guess i'll have to try some. I'll look at Wal-mart and see if they have them because that's the closest place to me and they seem to have a large vitamin aisle.

Mother-in-law gets really motion sick. I got her a set of the pressure point wrist bands from AAA. She swears by them. Peppermint gum or candy soothes the stomach.

Another vote for ginger pills. Used them for the first time at WDW five years ago and was able to ride things I would never have dreamed of before due to a finicky inner ear. Space Mountain, Mission Space, and this year I'm definitely using them for FJ.

Also, I've heard something about seabands. Any thoughts on those?

Seabands work really well for me. They use accupressure which has a lot of data to back it up. I use them on long or curvy car rides, I used them when I was pregnant, and I use them on rides. The best part is, NO side effects!!!

I'm in the UK and have been able to buy Dramamine less drowsy from Amazon.

I don't know if the wrist bands work well for motion sickness on rides but I wore them during pregnancy and they certainly worked for morning sickness!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter