Motion sickness on Toy Story Mania?

disneyerin

DIS Veteran
I heard you spin around and back and forth during the ride. Should I worry about motion sickness?

December 16th here we come!!:santa::banana::dance3::yay:

You spin around a bit between different game sequences. Can't say I recall anyone ever complaining of motion sickness on this one, though I assume it does affect a very few.

I heard you spin around and back and forth during the ride. Should I worry about motion sickness?

December 16th here we come!!:santa::banana::dance3::yay:

I guess it would depend on your level of motion sickness. I get pretty decent motion sickness from spinning and during the ride I do get a little (bleh) when being whipped around from screen to screen. Have I gotten off and hugged a trash can? Nah. :).

I have the same reaction as BigAlsGal, and I get motion sick fairly easy. I get a little icky, but nothing too bad!

My fiance gets motion sickness very bad but he doesn't have issues with TSM. He can't watch any of the 360 movies but can handle this. I asked him why and he thinks it is because he has something to focus on. You do spin when moving from game to game, but then it stops for a bit while you play the game.

suffers from motion sickness. Star Tours impacted her and Harry Potter really had an effect. We do Toy Story at least twice every day we are in DHS and it does not seem to bother her.

I can't do spins well... :sick: - I felt a little twinge during a few of the spins - but they are so short lived - nothing with any lasting effects. :)

Men In Black at Universal (similar ride idea) - BLECH!:sick::sick: Those spins feel merciless. I almost lost my terrible lunch on that one.

No worries - I cannot ride anything with severe spinning, looping, swaying etc. and TSM doesn't bother me at all. The only "spin" is around a curve to the next game!

Same as PPs. I have to wear a meclizine patch every day at the world and TSMM doesn't bother me.

TSM DOES bother me, but I have a weird condition called Meniere's which causes all sorts of fun vestibular problems. Actually, DHS is my least favorite park in respect to the attractions: shows or motion sickness. Those are my choices.

That said, after my absolute melt-down last time (so dizzy I had to be helped off ToT, ST AND TSM and then had to sit down most of the rest of the day), I talked with my EarNose&Throat doc and he sent me to therapy and is probably going to give me valium.

So, yes, the patches can help some people, but if you get really bad, check with a doctor first, maybe he/she can give you something stronger. I know the patch is not an option for me. (I get steroids for really BAD flare-ups when the vertigo just won't quit.)

I have a lot of problems with anything in 3-D and for the most part, TSM doesn't bother me. I do close my eyes between scenes while moving.

Bothers my dh when we whip around the curves but he is okay afterward, unlike Soarin' which left him weak, gray, and wobbly for hours.

I get very bad motion sickness even when wearing a prescription patch on a ton of rides, but never on TSM. This is one of the rides I would have no problem eating and then going on.

Honestly the ride has never bothered me (although I can do the teacups so spinning is normally ok as long as my mind and body agree I"m spinning... mission space where you can't see outside is the only one I have issues on)

However the 3D does eventually make me feel sick. If I do TSM, then go right to star tours and do that once or twice... yeah by then I'm feeling queasy (These are DH's favorite things to do in the park lol)

The "spin" whips you into a 180 I believe, not a full 360. I did fine on TSM but did feel sick after Star Tours and just about died after Mission Space Orange.

It is really individual. Everyone experiences motion sickness differently. Also the same ride can make you sick one day and another day you could be totally fine. Just feel it out. If you are feeling up for it, give it a try. Only you know your limits. That being said I think a vast majority of ppl do well with this ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter