Motion sickness in younger kids

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by NatMomto2, Jan 4, 2010.

1. NatMomto2

NatMomto2 Earning My Ears

I know there have been many threads on motion sickness but I haven't seen anything specifically for younger kids.

My kids are 5 and 3 and while we haven't had any motion sickness issues on airplanes or cars I certainly don't want to risk it on a 4 night cruise. I've seen Bonine mentioned a lot around here...although I've never seen it at the drugstore. Can we even give that to kids? Gravol is the more "popular" brand of motion sickness medicine here. Will that work as well? What did you use for your younger kids?

Thanks
    NatMomto2

2. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

3. Buzz & Woody

Buzz & Woody Cruise Lover

We have brought our kids on a few cruises (Disney at ages 3 & 5 and again at 4 & 6) and they have been on 2 or 3 HAL cruises too. We've only ever had one incdent of motion sickeness and it was the middle of the night and it was really rocking! I think that kids also handle it far better then adults do. I gave my kids gravol, but it makes them drowsy.

4. Uno Mas

Uno Mas DIS Veteran

I gave my daughter non-drowsy Dramamine every day and she was fine. The first day she didn't have it and the ship was rocking at dinner and she became very pale, very quickly, so I dosed her up right away and then every day thereafter as a precaution!