• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Motion sickness in younger kids

NatMomto2

Earning My Ears
I know there have been many threads on motion sickness but I haven't seen anything specifically for younger kids.

My kids are 5 and 3 and while we haven't had any motion sickness issues on airplanes or cars I certainly don't want to risk it on a 4 night cruise. I've seen Bonine mentioned a lot around here...although I've never seen it at the drugstore. Can we even give that to kids? Gravol is the more "popular" brand of motion sickness medicine here. Will that work as well? What did you use for your younger kids?

Thanks
NatMomto2

We have brought our kids on a few cruises (Disney at ages 3 & 5 and again at 4 & 6) and they have been on 2 or 3 HAL cruises too. We've only ever had one incdent of motion sickeness and it was the middle of the night and it was really rocking! I think that kids also handle it far better then adults do. I gave my kids gravol, but it makes them drowsy.

I gave my daughter non-drowsy Dramamine every day and she was fine. The first day she didn't have it and the ship was rocking at dinner and she became very pale, very quickly, so I dosed her up right away and then every day thereafter as a precaution!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter