Motion sickness - any cures?

juliebro

<font color=green>Has been visited<br><font color=
Can anyone help?

My DS and I LOVE all the coasters in Disney and Universal. Duelling Dragons, the Hulk etc. We can't get enough. BUT DH suffers from motion sickness (ever since we did aerobatics - not aerobics!- in a small open-top bi-plane for charity some years ago). He would love to be able to join us on all the rides, but daren't risk feeling ill for hours afterwards.

Anyone know of any suggestions for cures?

Thanks

Julie

Hi Julie,

I suffer from motion sickness also. I have tried many things: seabands, dramamine, prescription medications. The thing that works best for me is Bonine (over-the-counter medication). I believe it is found in most drug stores in the US. Good luck, i know how it feels to want to ride but not be able to due to motion sickness.

I think a ot of people take anti sickness tablets when going around the parks if they suffer from motion sickness. I am planning to take some around the parks myself, as I used to suffer badly from travel / motion sickness, and whilst I don't really get it anymore anymore, I would rather be on the safe side.

A bit further down this page there is a thread called "landing sickness" where there is alot of useful information regarding various cures for motion types sickness.

Hope that helps you and your husband :D

i was always being left outside the tt and rrrc while my kids grew up and left me last year i was determined to try and i read in womans mag about ginger capsules. i took them and am happy to report that i did both straight after each other. mind you i dont think i will bother with rrrc again my pic loooked like don king but at least i can say i did it

Thanks everyone. Got some useful tips - and also from the other thread on landing sickness.

I'll make sure he gives them a try.

So excited - just booked flights this morning for Easter!

Julie:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi Juliebro,

DW suffers from terrible motion/travel sickness, we have just returned from the `parks` and she took 2 Stugeron travel sickness tables every morning before leaving and she felt fine, she even rode Mission Space!!!!

I think she gets them from Boots but I am sure any chemist would sell them. They do not make her tired like some other makes.

Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter