• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mothers day - present?

Yes, he does. We've always celebrated Mother's/Father's Day. I figure you can never go wrong giving someone a gift/cooking a nice meal for them, and so does he!

When the kids were smaller he helped them shop. Now dd is 16 and buys me a little something out of her babysitting money..maybe a candle or something small she knows I would like:). Usually Mothers Day falls right around the time I like to do all the planting for the summer so we'll go and I can pick out the 4 HUGE hanging baskets I like from a place near here. They are expensive and I could make do with something much smaller, so we make them a Mothers Day gift and it's tradition to go pick them out together.
Tomorrow they'll do all the cooking and the 3 of them will do the house cleaning without my help. Little things that make me happy:)

Minerva Mouse said:
Does your husband buy you a mothers day present?

Yes. It's usually something practical I need, like a frying pan or a bathing suit. This year its a special camping chair. LOL, I'm not a jewelry & perfume kinda gal

Yes, the.exact. same.gift.every.single.year.since.1995.

DH buys me 2 flats of impatiens every year. The first year, he bought them for me and then got mad at me when they started to wilt because I didn't have or take the time to plant them. After that, he arranged for someone else to plant them, until DD was old enough to plant them.

When does tradition become a thoughtless rut? About 10 years into the process.

Sorry I needed to whine a bit.

No, because we don't really do presents. However, he does celebrate that day with me, the mother of his children. I can't imagine him not honoring me that day unless we simply didn't ever celebrate that day. I also honor him on father's day as the father of my children. I love my own dad and honor him as well, but dh is the most important father in the world to me.

I am not that fond of Mother's Day. Normally we do very little for it, if anything.

Last year DH surprised me with a nice gift. I was not expecting it and it was not the norm--but he pointed out that it had been a VERY rough year for me and he was travelling through most of it, leaving me alone to deal with a lot of issues and he wanted to do something nice for me. It was so sweet of him.

I always buy my wife a Mother's Day present. Tomorrow I will make her breakfast, we will go to church, then later grill ribeyes. At dinner she will get a card from me with an airline itinerary. I bought her a plane ticket to go visit her family in a couple weeks.

No. He used to. But not anymore. He will do all the cooking tomorrow. That's fine by me. My oldest is going to a concert tomorrow. I might take myself to Gatsby.

Yes. Sometimes something big, sometimes something small. He also takes the boys shopping to pick something out for me.

He does not. When the kids were young he always took them shopping and then we went to dinner. Now that they are adults he leaves it to them.

Pretty much the same here. We'll probably go out to eat, but the truth is we would go out to eat anyway! :rotfl2:

DD is grown, and she handles the Mother's Day arrangements now. DH handles the arrangements for his mother, and I handle them for my mother. Works for us. :goodvibes

Mine does, as the kids are too small to go out and shop. But knowing my sweet dh he will continue to do so through the years, as I will for him for Father's Day. This year he outdid himself though, and got me several golf lessons - so so so happy! I had my first one this morning and LOVED it!!!

He usually gives me flowers and a card.

And the kids each give me a present and a card. I loved it when they were little and the cards were homemade.
I told them I'd love homemade cards this year but since my husband took them out shopping this evening, I'm betting they'll be store bought. LOL

Yes, he always does. :goodvibes I already opened my gifts from him and the girls a couple of hours ago. He outdid himself this year. :)

Yes, he has always given me a card and a flowering plant or flowers
Cooks dinner or takes me out
and our kids are the hairy kind, with 4 feet
all the men in my family treat women well, and vice versa:love:

since the birth of our daughter, my hubby gives me something for mother's day (card, meal, let me sleep in, etc) - this year I asked him to make his delicious carne asada - so he'll be grilling tomorrow.

Yes, this year he got me a hammock and a huge edible arrangement.

Plus Friday-Sunday, I don't lift a finger around the house and we go out for dinner all 3 days. :-)

I get mulch. It's sort of become a family joke about the "mother's day mulch" because our neighbors think it's awful that I get it. It works for me though and I LOVE a freshly mulched lawn. Oh, and no I put it out. I like to do it and there is a definite sense of accomplishment when it is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter