Mother-Daughter Trip of a Lifetime!! WDW August 29-Sept 3 2015- NEW Link to 9/16 PTR!

Also friends, I'm not sure how to reply to you all in just one post! If someone could show me how it would be much appreciated :)

Awesome on the upgrade! I hope you and your mom had a great time - can't wait to read more!

Also friends, I'm not sure how to reply to you all in just one post! If someone could show me how it would be much appreciated :)

Don't click "Reply" on any individual posts.

On the bottom right of each post is a "+Quote" button. Clicking it adds the comment to the clipboard. Then, at the bottom of the posts, under the "Write Your Reply..." text area, an "Insert Quotes" button will appear. Click it and you will be asked to confirm which quotes will be inserted into your comment. You can then insert your replies.

Awesome on the upgrade! I hope you and your mom had a great time - can't wait to read more!

Next part should be up shortly, thanks for following along :)

Don't click "Reply" on any individual posts.

On the bottom right of each post is a "+Quote" button. Clicking it adds the comment to the clipboard. Then, at the bottom of the posts, under the "Write Your Reply..." text area, an "Insert Quotes" button will appear. Click it and you will be asked to confirm which quotes will be inserted into your comment. You can then insert your replies.

Thank you!! Much appreciated :)

Day 1 Part 2- Epcot!!

Once we got to our room and set our stuff down, we were ready to go to Epcot! Epcot has always been a "first day" park for us, because we are used to staying near the Boardwalk or Monorail. Even though we weren't near either of those, my mom and I had decided we still wanted to go to Epcot on the first day, and have our very first ride be Spaceship Earth. This ride is definitely in my Top 10, its just so nostalgic to me and I love making funny faces in the picture :)

So, we walked the 2 seconds to the Trinidad South bus stop and the Epcot bus was just pulling up! Perfect timing! Since it was about 1:30 by now, the bus was empty. This was our game plan for the day:

FP +
2:50-3:50 PM- Spaceship Earth
4:55- 5:55 PM- Mission Space
5:55-6:55 PM- Soarin

ADR
7:35 PM- Coral Reef

Soon enough, we were walking into Epcot! It was pretty cool entering through Future World instead of World Showcase!

IMG_1961_zpsmem5qpzs.jpg

IMG_1962_zpsf1lwmozk.jpg

Gotta get a pic with the "big ball" :)

Of course, we made a beeline for Spaceship Earth! Since the line was 5 minutes, we didn't bother using our FPs. Gosh, I love this ride. I'm kind of a history nerd, so I love all of the period details they use for each decade. My mom especially loves the moon landing scene, and always tells me "That's exactly what my living room looked like when I was growing up!" One thing we noticed about this ride is just how life-like the robots were, it was almost creepy how fluid they moved. This was our postcard :)

IMG_2031%201_zpsw3yq3uuo.jpg

Once we mailed our post card to my dad and sister, we walked outside to see what we wanted to do next. But wait, I see Club Cool! Believe it or not, we've never been in there before! I desperately wanted to try the famous "Beverly" and also trick my mom with it. My mom took one drink, and she was disgusted. However, I didn't think it was that bad! The aftertaste was a little bitter, but overall it just kind of tasted like flat Sprite. My favorite soda by far was the Inca Kola, it tasted like bubblegum! My mom's favorite was the Fanta Pineapple. We made quite a few stops there that day to get our foreign soda fix ;)

Then, we headed to Test Track! The line said that it was 30 minutes, and we were both willing to wait, since we missed Test Track on our last trip! It ended up being about 45 minutes, but we weren't too bummed. This was also our first time on the "new" Test Track, so it was a cool surprise getting to create a car. Our car ended up getting first in power! Overall, I liked the new version, the only things I miss are the "hot" and "cold" rooms, and when you think you're going to crash into the wall at the end before you go around the track.

Once we were done with Test Track, we decided to get some lunch at Electric Umbrella. It was about 3:00, but all we had really eaten so far was our breakfast at the airport and some snacks on the plane. We decided to just use one CS credit and shared chicken nuggets, french fries, and the strawberry cheesecake. Now, normally I don't like cheesecake (too rich), but this cheesecake hit the spot! It was sooooo yummy....

After our late lunch, we headed on over to The Seas to do the Nemo ride and look at the fish. The Nemo ride is cute, not my favorite, but I like how they make it look like the characters are actually in the fish tank. After, we checked out the dolphins and manatees, but skipped the "Shark Mouth" picture ;)

Once we were through the Seas, we walked to The Land and did Living With the Land. Once again, I have no problem admitting I'm a nerd, I love these types of rides! You really learn a lot and it's awesome seeing all the different plants! Plus, this ride is a good "tummy rester" :) I'll have to admit though, I remember feeling extremely tired after this ride and being ready for a nap. The tour guide's voice is so soothing!

We then made a beeline right towards Figment! This ride was another one we missed last year. This ride is so cute, I remember LOVING the upside-down room when I was little! In the little play area after the ride, my mom and I decided to create our own Figment

IMG_2032%201_zpsw6hz2m3j.jpg

Isn't he adorable?? Haha, he kind of reminds me of something off of "Dragon Tales" on PBS Kids :rotfl:

Coming Up Next: More Epcot!!

Last edited:
Day 1, Part 3- More Epcot!!

After riding Figment, it was just about 5:30, and we needed to meet our FP for Mission Space! But on our way, we saw a 5 minute line to meet Goofy, Mickey, and Minnie. I mean, who can resist that???

IMG_1964_zpsiyqckqa7.jpg

IMG_1963_zpswll9az0f.jpg

IMG_1966_zps7tog3rwv.jpg

Minnie was so lovely! She saw the tattoo of her on my Magic Band and she jumped up and down and made a heart with her fingers. Such a cutie pie :)

After this, we finally decided to conquer Mission Space. My mom and I had both decided that this trip, we would try to do everything that we had never rode before. Mission Space was one of those things. At fist, I was extremely reluctant, because I don't do great with the whole "increasing gravity" thing. I was afraid that my chest would feel heavy because of the gs and I'd start to panic. But, no worries, because Mission Space has a green side now! So we rode the green side, and it was so fun! It really felt like we were in a little space pod heading towards Mars! Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to try the orange side, but today is not that day ;)

Moving on, we hit our FP for Soarin. As always, Soarin is amazing, definitely my Top 5. You really do feel like you're flying!

After riding Soarin, we head outside to walk around World Showcase a bit before dinner. I thought the fountains going off in front of Spaceship Earth were so pretty.

IMG_1967_zps6lfb0m2b.jpg

As you can see, the skies look pretty ominous. About 2 seconds after I took this picture, it started to drizzle. The weather had held out until this point, so we weren't too disappointed. However, as we started walking through World Showcase, it started raining harder. It was still bearable though, so we trucked along. We didn't make too many stops; we like World Showcase but it's not really a "must-see" for us. We did stop in Norway to look at all the cute little stores. And, to get this baby of course...

IMG_1907_zpsphn97qh5.jpg

When I went to WDW back in April 2010 with my bff, we could not get over how silly the name of this candy bar was! We had the best time trying to pronounce it, until we finally asked the cashier. Well, that trip, we ended up buying it simply because of the funny name. Lo and behold, it was the most amazing chocolate we had ever tasted. Now, every time we go to Epcot, we make sure to buy a bar. It's 10 bucks, but so, so worth it.

After jogging through World Showcase in the drizzle, we head back to Future World for our ADR at Coral Reef (first time here)! We got seated almost immediately, and ended up snagging a seat right up against the aquarium glass! (Sadly, all of the pics are on my mom's phone). Mom was absolutely mesmerized. She said, "I give you major props for this one, Mol." I'd have to agree ;) It was breathtaking watching the fish, turtles, sharks, and stingrays swim right in front of you. To drink, I got the Pina Co Lava (which was delicious) and my mom got the Rum Runner. I had just turned 21 the month before, so I felt pretty cool drinking an "adult beverage" at Disney :cool2:

To eat, I ordered the roasted pork belly, and my mom got the baked cheese manicotti. Overall, the food was good! Not amazing, but this restaurant is more known for their ambiance rather than the food ;) We both got the key lime tart for dessert, but were too stuffed to eat most of it. We LOVED having the dining plan, but WDW gives you wayyyy too much food! My mom and I could have shared ONE dining plan between us!

Once our bellies were full, we walked outside to catch Illuminations. We had missed Illuminations on our past TWO trips, so this one was definitely on our bucket list. However, when we open the door, we realize that it is POURING outside. Not only is it raining cats and dogs, it is violently thundering and lightening. We had decided not to bring our ponchos to the parks that day because of the seemingly clear skies, so we shrugged, said "screw it", and ran through the rain. As we get near the Mousegears gift shop, we start to realize that our dreams of seeing Illuminations are quickly disappearing, because the security guard tells us that they can't shoot off the fireworks in the storm :( So instead, we decide to call it a night at 9:00 and slosh to the CBR bus.

We haul our drenched selves onto the air-conditioned bus (yikes!) and make the short drive back to the resort. Instead of stopping at Trinidad South, we decide to get off at Old Port Royale to explore a bit more since it was still early. At OPR, we looked in the gift shop and picked up our refillable mugs (I chose blue, Mom chose green). Since we were so cold from the air conditioning, we fill up the mugs with hot chocolate and take the resort shuttle to Trinidad South.

Once we return to the room, it's time for warm showers, PJs and hot chocolate. As I get out of the shower, I notice that my mom is watching a Lifetime movie. I mean, if that doesn't scream "Girl's Trip!" I don't know what does! After 30 minutes of watching, it's lights out. After all, we have a magical day planned for tomorrow pixiedust:

Coming Up Next- Day 2: Magic Kingdom princess:

Following along!

I just did a mother/daughter trip myself and it was such a blast. I bet you and your mom had such an amazing time!

I'm glad you made it there smoothly. And so awesome your room was upgraded!

Sounds like such a fun time at Epcot, love the Character Spot pictures. I'm sorry the night ended with such terrible rain though!

Sounds like a great first day! Following along

:welcome:

Following along!

I just did a mother/daughter trip myself and it was such a blast. I bet you and your mom had such an amazing time!

I'm glad you made it there smoothly. And so awesome your room was upgraded!

Sounds like such a fun time at Epcot, love the Character Spot pictures. I'm sorry the night ended with such terrible rain though!

It was our first trip ever as just the two of us, and it couldn't have turned out better :) Thanks for following along!!

Once you ride Mission: Space - Orange Team, you'll never go Green again. The ride loses A LOT when you do the "less intense" mission, IMO. Still fun, but the point of it all to me is to feel like you're actually going to Mars (though I'm sure it's still nothing like the real feeling, even on Orange).

We were told by a CM at MK that once the fireworks are loaded, they pretty much have to fire them. I wonder how far along the prep got for Illuminations. That's much more of a production, with all of the rafts, the globe, etc., so I'd imagine that's a pain when they cancel.

So many good chocolate options in World Showcase! Not sure if we ever got that one, though.

Tankside at Coral Reef is the best! We specifically request it when we show up for our ADRs now. Of course, you have to deal with all of the people bringing their kids up next to your chair to see the fish, but it's still worth it.

Great TR so far!

Once you ride Mission: Space - Orange Team, you'll never go Green again. The ride loses A LOT when you do the "less intense" mission, IMO. Still fun, but the point of it all to me is to feel like you're actually going to Mars (though I'm sure it's still nothing like the real feeling, even on Orange).

We were told by a CM at MK that once the fireworks are loaded, they pretty much have to fire them. I wonder how far along the prep got for Illuminations. That's much more of a production, with all of the rafts, the globe, etc., so I'd imagine that's a pain when they cancel.

So many good chocolate options in World Showcase! Not sure if we ever got that one, though.

Tankside at Coral Reef is the best! We specifically request it when we show up for our ADRs now. Of course, you have to deal with all of the people bringing their kids up next to your chair to see the fish, but it's still worth it.

Great TR so far!

Thanks so much for reading!! We later found out that Illuminations ended up being shot off at about 9:30 that night, once the lightening slowed down. However, we were already back at CBR by that point. We also talked to a CM at the park and she explained that they are pretty much forced to light the fireworks at some point, whether it be 9:00 or midnight!

I'm in. Mom and daughter trips are the best!

Thank you! :earboy2: There should be an update sometime next week!!

Loving your trip report! I will be going on a mother/daughters trip in December.

Hello friends :wave: Wow, it's been a while since I've done an update! These past few weeks have been chaos, with 3 midterms, tech week/performances for one show, and auditions for another! But, things are finally slowing down and I can give you more deets on my mother-daughter trip!

Day 2: Magic Kingdom :dumbo:

After sleeping like babies all night, my mom and I woke up at about 8:15 AM. I had laid out all of my clothes, makeup, etc. the night before, but Mom took her sweet time getting ready. I practically had to drag her out the door! Hey, time's a wasting and we have Disney to see! We grabbed some of the pop tarts we brought for breakfast and headed to the bus. We waited probably 2 minutes for a bus and we were on our way! This was our game plan for the day:

FP +
1:25-2:25 PM- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
2:25-3:25 PM- Splash Mountain
4:05-5:05 PM- Haunted Mansion

We had decided to skip any ADRs for Magic Kingdom on this trip. We've eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern before and we wanted to use 2 TS credits at DHS.

We pulled up to Magic Kingdom at about 9:30 AM. MK is hands-down my favorite park, so I was practically jumping out of my seat with excitement.

After checking our bags and magic bands, we were here, ahhh!!

IMG_1950%201_zpsmjj3wpah.jpg

I never fail to tear up whenever I walk through the entrance of this park. This park holds my first ever Disney memory. When we first went to WDW when I was 6, I was OBSESSED with the princesses, and I was entranced by Cinderella's Castle. My mom talks often about that first trip with us. Apparently, I only wanted to meet characters, and didn't like any of the rides. :rotfl:She also said that every single night at dinner, I fell asleep in my food and got ketchup all over my hair! Honestly, the only other things I really remember about that trip were being paralyzed with fear on Alien Encounter and loving the lizard pool at POFQ. But anyways, I digress.

We walk further down Main Street and get a great view of this beauty...

IMG_1951_zpspircifyk.jpg

IMG_1952_zpsul2khqzi.jpg

IMG_1953_zps61av024w.jpg

After staring at the castle for a good 5 minutes, we decide to enter the park through Tomorrowland. To start off the day, we decided to ride another attraction that neither of us had been on before, Mad Tea Party! Not sure why we've never ridden it, I guess we were just more focused on the bigger attractions. Luckily, my mom doesn't get motion sick, so we were able to whip the cup around super fast! :ccat:

After the teacups, we headed over to do Winnie the Pooh! This ride is cute, and the queue area is so fun. When we got off of the ride, my mom spotted the carousel, so of course we had to do that too!

Once we were done with the carousel, we rode one of my favorite rides at MK, Journey of the Little Mermaid! I rode this for the first time back on our trip in 2013. I wasn't expecting much, but I quickly fell in love with the ride! After riding, we popped over in the line to meet Ariel, since it was only 20 minutes. This was another goal of the trip- to meet more characters- since we tend to focus more on the rides while at the parks. 20 short minutes later, we were in!!

IMG_1955_zpsof01nq2k.jpg

Ariel was pretty cute! She complimented me on my hair and asked me if I used my dinglehopper :) But, she could've used a little more spunk and seemed a bit awkward. Note- in this line I saw a girl with an Ariel-themed ear headband, and I decided that I must have one! I spent the entire trip scouring the parks for one, but I could only find ear hats, not headbands! I suppose that for my next trip, I should get a custom-made headband off of Etsy.

After meeting Ariel, we wandered over to the Storybook Circus section of the park. It's very well done! We did Dumbo (a pink dumbo, no less) and Goofy's Barnstormer. Then, we looked in Big Top Treats! I found an antenna topper for my car that I liked, but we decided to just purchase it when we went to Downtown Disney.

Around this time (about noon), our tummies started rumbling, so we set off in search of something to eat. We wanted to try a new QS place, so we decided on Pecos Bills! This place was really rustic and cool. We both ordered pulled pork sandwiches (mine with corn, Mom's with fries) and carrot cake for dessert. To drink I had a raspberry lemonade slush, which hit the spot. We loved the toppings bar, but once again, didn't even come close to finishing our food. After eating and chatting about how much fun we were having, we set off for one of Disney's oldest rides!

Coming up next: Magic Kingdom: Part 2!! :tink:

Last edited:
Day 2: Magic Kingdom: Part 2!

Where we last left off, Mom and I were just getting done with a yummy lunch at Pecos Bills! After eating, we moseyed on over to It's a Small World! If you haven't noticed already, we do not like to ride big rides after eating. Neither of us really suffer from motion sickness, but we're big believers in letting your stomach "rest" after you eat a big meal. IASM was adorable as always. I actually enjoy the song!

After sailing on the happiest cruise ever, we decided to watch Mickey's Philharmagic.

IMG_1909%202_zpsnjlvadch.jpg

While in the 5 minute line, I sent this pic to my boyfriend. He gets a huge kick out of Hades!

This show made us miss my dad a bit, since this show is one of his favorite attractions at WDW. My favorite part of this show is the Aladdin bit, so romantic :lovestruc

Once we were done with Philharmagic, we headed to our first FP+ of the day, BTMM!! Turns out, we didn't even need the FP since the line was 5 minutes long! I should say that before the trip, my mom was a little worried about going in Aug/Sept. She didn't want to go during hurricane season and was worried about the heat (we usually go in May or October). But, after this trip, we decided that we will never NOT go during September, the crowds were literally non-existent!

We had a bit of time before our next FP+ for Splash Mountain opened up, so we sort of wandered about. We ended up watching a bit of the Festival of Fantasy Parade- my mom LOVED the fire-breathing dragon! Then, we decided to go where we have never gone before....the Hall of Presidents!! The show was surprisingly interesting, and it gave me a swell of American pride
:)

When the Hall of Presidents was done, we headed over to Splash Mountain, which is tied with Rockin Roller Coaster with my favorite ride at WDW! It was just as amazing as I remembered it, and I even found a hidden Mickey!

splash_zpsfvw7nalw.jpg

(not my photo)

After conquering Splash, we beelined it to Adventureland! Sadly, Pirates of the Caribbean was closed while we were here :guilty: But, we utilized this as a way to try new things! First up, Jungle Cruise!

I know what you guys are thinking, "What?? This crazy lady has been to Disney World 5 times and has never ridden Jungle Cruise??" To be honest, we never even knew it existed until I discovered Disboards right before our trip! It was a 10 minute wait (score!), but it started to lightly drizzle when were in the line. When we got to our boat, we were literally the last 2 on it, so the only room available wasn't under the umbrellas.

My mom really didn't want to get wet, so just when our boat started moving, she quickly stood up and moved to a different spot. However, you would have thought that she jumped out of the boat into the water!! About 4 CMs all screamed "NO, MAAM!!" and rushed towards her! We completely understood that they were just trying to be safe, but it kinda startled and embarrassed us and affected our ride. It was cute, but I think we would have enjoyed it more if A. We weren't in the rain and B. If my mom would have just followed the darn rules! ;) At least the older, Southern lady sitting next to us agreed, she looked at me during the ride and said, "You poor little baby, sitting out there in the rain!" :laughing:

After our cruise around the jungle, we quickly did Aladdin's Magic Carpets. The drizzling stopped when we were on this ride, yay! Of course, after disembarking, we knew that a snack was in order...

IMG_1957_zpseyi48mho.jpg

YUMMMMM!!! The first time we tried Dole Whips was on our 2013 trip. That night just happened to be the 24-hour event, so the park was absolutely packed, and me, my mom, and my sister waited over 45 minutes for a Dole Whip! However, we all decided that it was SO worth it. My mom and I have officially decided that next trip, we're staying at the Poly just because they have a dole whip machine there ;)

After enjoying our delicious treats, we explored the Swiss Family Treehouse, something we hadn't done since I was 6! Then, we made our way to our final FP+ of the day, Haunted Mansion! This ride is a classic and my mom's favorite in WDW. Needless to say, she was geeking out the entire ride.

We then made our way back towards Fantasyland when I stopped dead in my tracks. PETER PAN MEET AND GREET?!? After fangirling for a hot second, I ran towards the queue, which only held about 4 families! Then, there he was....

IMG_1958_zpszk78bhzv.jpg

He was so funny! He pointed at my nose ring and yelled, "Are you a pirate???" Then he told me that I looked "pink!" I replied "Yeah, just like Sleeping Beauty!" He said, "I like it better when she wears blue, cuz then she looks like Wendy!" So cute :)

After I gained my composure (Hey, don't judge. I've been in love with Peter Pan since the 2004 movie with Jeremy Sumpter!) we hopped right next door to ride Peter Pan's Flight! The wait time was 45 minutes, but we didn't really care, plus the queue was ADORABLE! I loved the new details and it made the time go so much faster. Soon enough we were inside our pirate ship flying over London :)

Coming up Next: Magic Kingdom Part 3!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter